The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre ordering and trying to get more at retail is just selfish. I said it! Go ahead and cry about it I don't care of you are butt hurt

I think it's greedy if people have no intention of wearing them and buy like 3 pairs. I know for a fact if I get two pairs one is being worn into the ground so I'd like to keep a pair on DS and break those out when the 1st pair have hit that old dusty trail.

These about to be a massive GR. More stock than Flu Games/French Blues. Most stock in Jordan retro history.
Sounds crazy, but I wouldn't run this rumor out of town. Could even see this following the 72-10 blueprint. Even tho Nike made 1 million pairs, they still sell out with each restock. Haven't seen anything saying the Bred 1's will be produced in THAT quantity, but Nike seems to be doing business much more differently in 2016. I think it would be reasonable to think numbers will be somewhere between Flu Games & the 72-10's. 

Jb still has a bunch of a**holes who plan on doing these in 3-4 years again in true re-remastered form with smooth leather and brighter red. I'm usually optimistic but I'll be realistic for these; these will prob be limited.

These about to be a massive GR. More stock than Flu Games/French Blues. Most stock in Jordan retro history.
LOL JB would never release these as a massive GR knowing these are one of the most sought after CW for 1's. They'd make $$$ but lose hype.

LOL JB would never release these as a massive GR knowing these are one of the most sought after CW for 1's. They'd make $$$ but lose hype.
That makes no sense. Most sought after color but company would rather make hype than money. Just to add my opinion I thinks 1s have a set production number but the color ways with demand just sell out faster.

That makes no sense. Most sought after color but company would rather make hype than money. Just to add my opinion I thinks 1s have a set production number but the color ways with demand just sell out faster.
It makes no sense if you're viewing this release in isolation. It makes absolute sense when you're thinking bigger picture. Hype allows Nike and JB to sell other shoes and apparel.

Look at adidas and Kayne. Without Ye, they wouldn't be selling out on NMD's and UB's.

It makes no sense if you're viewing this release in isolation. It makes absolute sense when you're thinking bigger picture. Hype allows Nike and JB to sell other shoes and apparel.

Look at adidas and Kayne. Without Ye, they wouldn't be selling out on NMD's and UB's.
"I was buying Adidas before Kanye had anything to do with the brand"

- Hater

lol. But on a serious note, I really hope this release turns out to be GR. I Could care less about hype. I just want to buy a pair of bred 1's without having to jump hurdles to do so. 

I would agree but other recent "Nike Air" OG releases have been more plentiful in relevance to how they were being produced in the past. Nike/JB could have been complete pricks and made the White Cement 4's and Maroon 6's extremely limited but they didn't. I believe we'll see similar production with the Metallic 5's.

I know we have yet to see this same type of production in regards to the NA 1's but like geekyjeff geekyjeff mentioned, Nike appears to be doing things a little differently in 2016. We'll see...

Chicago's released in 2015, which is also a high demand color, and how many OG 1's have gone on sale or didn't immediately sell out since then? To make the ore popular color more limited than the less desired colors doesn't make sense in a big or small picture. They could double the number of Bred's over all the other colors and still acheive the same effect of selling and making money as well as still having hype since so many people will still miss out.

I believe that the cyber Mondays, uncs, chocagos, Lettermans and Metallics had the same numbers but varying hype. Hype for Chicago's is more than double each of the aforementioned releases which is why the sold the fastest. I believe the breds will follow suit regardless of what we want

lol. But on a serious note, I really hope this release turns out to be GR. I Could care less about hype. I just want to buy a pair of bred 1's without having to jump hurdles to do so. 
As do I. I'd really like to double up and stock one.
Chicago's released in 2015, which is also a high demand color, and how many OG 1's have gone on sale or didn't immediately sell out since then? To make the ore popular color more limited than the less desired colors doesn't make sense in a big or small picture. They could double the number of Bred's over all the other colors and still acheive the same effect of selling and making money as well as still having hype since so many people will still miss out.
None of the other released OG 1's were hyped. People weren't lining up to buy UNC or White/Navy 1's. Don't get me wrong, I would love for them to release in high quantities too. I just don't think it's going to happen. I hope you're right.
I would agree but other recent "Nike Air" OG releases have been more plentiful in relevance to how they were being produced in the past. Nike/JB could have been complete pricks and made the White Cement 4's and Maroon 6's extremely limited but they didn't. I believe we'll see similar production with the Metallic 5's.

I know we have yet to see this same type of production in regards to the NA 1's but like @geekyjeff mentioned, Nike appears to be doing things a little differently in 2016. We'll see...
They have been breaking the mold. I'd be happy if they just doubled the production #'s of Chi's or SBB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom