The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just ask that air sak explain it to you now. He seems to know everything there is about these and Nike in general.
:rofl:

I guess i just gaff wishful thinking for these. I had a chance to chop in 08,09, and I'm not missing this chance

1s over everything. this release should take the collection of 1s to over 50. 2-3 pairs and I am happy. while the tumbled swoosh is nice, its still kinda weird. I'm 35 and like it as og as possible. wanted to be like mike since we were broke in section 8 housing.  imagine greatness 10000000000000x bron. thats what it was like. oh then there was magic bird charles isiah hakeem etc etc. just all types of greatness. these have a special meaning. from section to the penthouse.  -1-

In all fairness to what is being said and as mentioned by Getting_Busy_Since_89 Getting_Busy_Since_89 , the 1's didn't really gain much attention until people saw how limited the black and gold were and when they saw there was profit to be made on such a limited release.

IMO, that was the biggest "influence" that sparked the 1's recent popularity.
[emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji] had to be there to no this. Half the heads on 1s thread that don't know this wasn't there. Didn't even know if royals were actually releasing they were not on the release locator. No early pics or nothing

What does Nike have to gain by making these limited? How are og nik air 3s 4s 5s made in quantities multiple times greater than these?

It keeps demand high and keeps people wanting them the next time they release.

The hype the AJ 1's have is definitely a combo of factors more so than other models. Folks in here have touched on most if not all. You got the love for GOAT himself and all he did whether you are old enough to see him play or not. The fact that we didn't have a AJ 1 high with Nike Air from 2001 until 2011. A 10 year drought only to be teased with a super limited, way better quality, outlet only "banned" release. This to me started the buzz for 1's. Then to get teased again with the speculation at the end of 2010 we would get the OG chi 1's in 2011 with Nike Air; to only then get crap quality Chi's with jumpmans and get slapped in the face with better quality Nike Air "Knick" 1's the same day. :smh: That is followed by (I feel most will agree), the most sought after at the time OG AJ 1, Royals with full OG treatment. This release really got a lot of people to come out of retirement or get in AJ1 game. Throw in a few celebs like Kanye and Jay-Z who are AJ 1 fans along with the growing trend of slimmer, more fitted styles the AJ 1 is the PERFECT shoe to compliment this trend. This release gets resellers to start paying attention and then JB goes and release OG patent black/ gold 1's out of nowhere and make them hyperstrike limited. Everyone goes crazy as prices are $500+ as soon as they drop. Then JB drops the gift and the curse "Fragments" with an even better, more comfortable mold of the AJ1. Right at the end of holiday season and it's super limited, another release to build on the growing hype. Frags retail at $185 which at this point will set the bar for the $160, $20 price increase from just 2 years prior and $30-$50 higher just 4 years prior.

Now after taking all that in......after dope releases in 2015 like Chicago and SBB's, comes the 2016 OG Bred/Banned release with that sexy new mold.....the MOST beloved colorway of the AJ 1 and to thousands of people are one of, if not the greatest basketball sneakers ever!!! The HYPE is REAL for a damn reason!!!!

Last edited:
Black and red's are definitely one of the best cws of 1s and saying there "the most beloved cw" I'm not mad at, they rule end of story... But the Chicago are THE cw IMO, kind of irrelevant just stating an opinion...
Can't go wrong with any original cw

The hype the AJ 1's have is definitely a combo of factors more so than other models. Folks in here have touched on most if not all. You got the love for GOAT himself and all he did whether you are old enough to see him play or not. The fact that we didn't have a AJ 1 high with Nike Air from 2001 until 2011. A 10 year drought only to be teased with a super limited, way better quality, outlet only "banned" release. This to me started the buzz for 1's. Then to get teased again with the speculation at the end of 2010 we would get the OG chi 1's in 2011 with Nike Air; to only then get crap quality Chi's with jumpmans and get slapped in the face with better quality Nike Air "Knick" 1's the same day.
mean.gif
That is followed by (I feel most will agree), the most sought after at the time OG AJ 1, Royals with full OG treatment. This release really got a lot of people to come out of retirement or get in AJ1 game. Throw in a few celebs like Kanye and Jay-Z who are AJ 1 fans along with the growing trend of slimmer, more fitted styles the AJ 1 is the PERFECT shoe to compliment this trend. This release gets resellers to start paying attention and then JB goes and release OG patent black/ gold 1's out of nowhere and make them hyperstrike limited. Everyone goes crazy as prices are $500+ as soon as they drop. Then JB drops the gift and the curse "Fragments" with an even better, more comfortable mold of the AJ1. Right at the end of holiday season and it's super limited, another release to build on the growing hype. Frags retail at $185 which at this point will set the bar for the $160, $20 price increase from just 2 years prior and $30-$50 higher just 4 years prior.

Now after taking all that in......after dope releases in 2015 like Chicago and SBB's, comes the 2016 OG Bred/Banned release with that sexy new mold.....the MOST beloved colorway of the AJ 1 and to thousands of people are one of, if not the greatest basketball sneakers ever!!! The HYPE is REAL for a damn reason!!!!
The Mad Rapper, I could care less if those two wore them. The only person I care how wore them is the person the shoes was designed for. As said before by others the Banned Version of the Black, Varsity Red, and 1 release and the availability of the shoes were significant points as to the popularity of Air Jordan 1s. The only Air Jordan 1s I care about are the White, Black and Varsity Red and the Black, Varsity Red, and White.

The Mad Rapper, I could care less if those two wore them. The only person I care how wore them is the person the shoes was designed for. As said before by others the Banned Version of the Black, Varsity Red, and 1 release and the availability of the shoes were significant points as to the popularity of Air Jordan 1s. The only Air Jordan 1s I care about are the White, Black and Varsity Red and the Black, Varsity Red, and White.
My bad for wall of text, just wanted to state everything attributing to the hype that we all created. But I'ma tell u why I'm mad.....I'ma tell you why I'm mad.....yo I can't stand you spelling out colorways. WHAT DA F SON!!! :D I'm STILL trying to get used to this bloodshot red you got going on.. No flames intended. :tongue:

But I'm serious though. :stoneface:

Last edited:
The only Air Jordan 1s I care about are the White, Black and Varsity Red and the Black, Varsity Red, and White.
Do you feel it's necessary to type out the color code for every sneaker when you could save so much time by just you know saying either Chicago's or Breds???

Well we liked em in the 80s as they were a durable cheap alternative for skating. It's good that you all came around to great fashion sense. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Lol, i credit Jordan and Powell & Peralta for this obsession :lol:

I believe he wants to stand out which due to his red font, color way naming and faulty info, everyone knows airsak

Based on the breakout I just saw.... if a company is getting over 2000 BLK/MTLLC V's, expect less than 500 BLK/RED I's.

IM SO STOKED FOR THESE [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Not as hyped for these because of the tumbled leather and the darker red. Still a most cop though.

I need these, man.  2 pairs minimum.  I'm about to pull the trigger on a preorder forreal haha.  Just to ensure 1 pair and then entering mad raffles for september.  

Last edited:
The tumbled leather doesn't really bother me but the red they chose kills them.. Hopefully all these pics aren't the correct colorway for September's release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom