The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
First yeezys are probably hands down one of the ugliest shoes ever.

I don't care what any of you say. In before someone says I have no style or fashion sense :rofl:

First Yeezy's made a huge impact when they first dropped. If people thought the shoes were ugly that didn't stop most people from paying $1,500 on up for a pair of zens, tans, or blinks. People were mad because they couldn't get them. :lol:

No ones denying they made an impact

Hell the yeezy 2 are nice all 3 color ways but those are so big and bulky but design and color ways, fresh as hell

I don't get HOW Kanye has any influence on the fashion world. His vision seems to be dressing like the hobo's you find living under overpasses.

Bunch of sheep following his lead.

ALL his shoes are hideous and perfect examples of hype fueled releases. His next series of shoes will probably be old bags of douche with adidas boost soles attached and people will throw all their money at them.

Jordans were/are inspired by the G.O.A.T. your argument is invalid.

In 2004, when the silver retro 1's, royal retro 1s , and JP premium leather models were released they sold out instantly. Then we had the patent leather versions few loved. Retro 1's always had a love hate thing. But truth be told hype grew with resale value imo.

Last edited:
I don't get HOW Kanye has any influence on the fashion world. His vision seems to be dressing like the hobo's you find living under overpasses.

ALL his shoes are hideous and perfect examples of hype fueled releases. His next series of shoes will probably be old bags of douche with adidas boost soles attached and people will throw all their money at them.

If you're comment is directed at me, I'm not comparing Jordans to Yeezy's. If not, then never mind.

Well, thats now but back then during watch the throne, cruel summer, 808s, and MBDTF he was killing the fashion scene.  

Last edited:
I think what popularized 1's was the banned release.  With how much hype that was surrounded by the shoe than people getting them from Outlets and reselling way over what they had paid.  upwards to 5-600 bucks and it keeps growing.  People who missed out on that release were hungry for style, profit, and exclusivity. 

you haven't been following kanye lol. His hobo style started like 2 years ago. His style is always changing.

1s were my logical next step. First pair of nikes were the cortezs when I was 13. Something about that swoosh on the side that got me. Than when i was 15 i had the terminators and at 17 I had the coke white dunk highs. That helped open up the flood gates because after those I had started frequenting, hypebeast, nicekicks, ktt, sole collector, etc and window shopping for SB Dunk Highs. When I got my first pair if jordans the 06 Cardinal 7s i flipped that retro card and boom. I see chicago 1s and immediately wanted them. Later on before I started college, my mom bought me the low top southside 1's and the BLack/Red/3M lows both were 56 bucks at the moment. I was getting SB highs all through college I didnt even get my first pair of high top 1's until 2011 when I was knee deep in sneaker fandom and lucked up on a pair of 85 Breds and another pair of 01 royals during that summer. I was hooked after that

Last edited:
What does Nike have to gain by making these limited? How are og nik air 3s 4s 5s made in quantities multiple times greater than these?

not at all. Retail for these is the same as other 1s high og. Are you new?
You asked why they make things limited homeboy. Have Jordan retros gone up 50ish dollars over the last few years? The average 4, 5, or 6 have gone from 140 to 185 in the last 4 years, gamma 11 were 185 and the 72-10 were 220. 1s have gone up 20. It's all a scam to get your money. These fools are sitting on far more pairs. Why do you think they have restocks and stuff all the time?

http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1045&context=businessdiss

Last edited by a moderator:
You asked why they make things limited homeboy. Have Jordan retros gone up 50ish dollars over the last few years? The average 4, 5, or 6 have gone from 140 to 185 in the last 4 years, gamma 11 were 185 and the 72-10 were 220. 1s have gone up 20. It's all a scam to get your money. These fools are sitting on far more pairs. Why do you think they have restocks and stuff all the time?
I'm not focusing on that, I'm focusing on what that'll put out on RD. These shouldn't be Less abundant than the metallics or lettermans, but why not flu games?

I'm not focusing on that, I'm focusing on what that'll put out on RD. These shouldn't be Less abundant than the metallics or lettermans, but why not flu games?
I'll just ask that air sak explain it to you now. He seems to know everything there is about these and Nike in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom