The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's only to correct those who are denying the truth about causes for hype around this shoe
That's fair enough. Everyone has their own opinions about that matter, but let's keep this thread on track :wink:

September can't come quick enough.

Can't wait for these to release already.  :C  Triple up maybe?  
happy.gif

nthat.gif

One pair is good enough for me, but double up would be [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

Last edited:
Kanye brought hype to the 1s when really the model had been floundering. The general fan ouside of the game really only care about some models. The 1s have become old man bball shoes much like my old beloved Converse Weapons. Og retro style+limited quantity, add a touch of Kanye or other celebrity (see Macklemore) equals skyrocket value. People were grabbing any 1 that came out and immediatly wanted like 100 to 200 on retail. Some way more.

Explain how taking about influences that made the bred 1s a hyped as they are now derailing? We're taking about the shoe lol.

Fuccc Kanye. His first shoe with nike were butt ugly. 2nd shoe was pretty good, I'd wear them but can't stand him and wouldn't pay over retail for them. And his adidas are way over hyped. I wouldn't even pay retail for them. Idk why people want to be like him. LOL just be yourself like what you like. back to the topic.

I'm confused as to why the only pics of the breds are from a chinese over seas instagram seller? Game is gettin kinda sketch bros...

Last edited:
No matter where the hype came from with 1's I refuse to believe it all came from Jordan's legacy. It just all of a sudden seems certain people took an instant liking to 1's over the last 5 years or so. Especially considering a colorway such as the Royals, that was never really cared for in the past and Jordan never laced up in game, became a hot commodity.

The popularity of colorways like the Royals and Black/Red are not all due to people who are fans of Jordan. People have a hard time believing that their individual reasoning for liking the shoe does not represent the entirety of sneaker culture. So while some will buy because they think Jordan is the basketball god and they love his shoes as result, there will be many others trying to purchase them for totally different reasons and influences outside of that.

People buy Jordans that couldn't care less about his basketball legacy and I'm totally cool with that.

No matter where the hype came from with 1's I refuse to believe it all came from Jordan's legacy. It just all of a sudden seems certain people took an instant liking to 1's over the last 5 years or so. Especially considering a colorway such as the Royals, that was never really cared for in the past and Jordan never laced up in game, became a hot commodity.

The popularity of colorways like the Royals and Black/Red are not all due to people who are fans of Jordan. People have a hard time believing that their individual reasoning for liking the shoe does not represent the entirety of sneaker culture. So while some will buy because they think Jordan is the basketball god and they love his shoes as result, there will be many others trying to purchase them for totally different reasons and influences outside of that.

People buy Jordans that couldn't care less about his basketball legacy and I'm totally cool with that.
agreed. Anyone who disputes this is stuck in their head. Everything you just said was fact.

In all fairness to what is being said and as mentioned by @lethalfuse, the 1's didn't really gain much attention until people saw how limited the black and gold were and when they saw there was profit to be made on such a limited release.

IMO, that was the biggest "influence" that sparked the 1's recent popularity.

Last edited:

NOBODY liked the one's. They were very uncomfortable with little to no cushioning. Even with the limited numbered runs in the early 2000's with the royals, etc, they still were sitting. I remember I was in a small town called Beaufort, SC doing some marketing and went to a Belk. Yes. Belk! They had the black royals and black red (with nike air tags) for 19.99! And I still didn't get them! Yes. When Jay-Z and Kanye started to rock them, they became a cheap fashion statement. Remember. They retailed for like $100

Last edited:

NOBODY liked the one's. They were very uncomfortable with little to no cushioning. Even with the limited numbered runs in the early 2000's with the royals, etc, they still were sitting. I remember I was in a small town called Beaufort, SC doing some marketing and went to a Belk. Yes. Belk! They had the black royals and black red (with nike air tags) for 19.99! And I still didn't get them! Yes. When Jay-Z and Kanye started to rock them, they became a cheap fashion statement. Remember. They retailed for like $100
It's all relative. I can tell you there was an overnight line up for royals me black/red at Nike SF. That's when overnight line ups were rare. Not a surprise that small no name town wouldn't sell out in those days.

i didnt like 1s until 2012, searching Ebay for shoes to buy and came across the 2010 chicago KOs and they looked so clean and i was hooked. The only reason im mad they are so popular is because it makes them harder for me to cop for retail AND JB doesnt make enough pairs. cant be mad at the collectors or the resellers because if JB made enough pairs for everyone we wouldnt have this issue.

I think for many ones are just a classic looking shoe. Comparable to AF1 but slight variation. I actually believe in recent years that the popularity of the 1 is coming from its more slender design as opposed to say the 3 or 4 which are more boxy and bulky.

1s are more fashionable and can be worn easy because of the sleek low profile design, add that to the fact that they're durable, cheaper, look better with age and wear, and that's a perfect storm for the popularity.

I think for many ones are just a classic looking shoe. Comparable to AF1 but slight variation. I actually believe in recent years that the popularity of the 1 is coming from its more slender design as opposed to say the 3 or 4 which are more boxy and bulky.

1s are more fashionable and can be worn easy because of the sleek low profile design, add that to the fact that they're durable, cheaper, look better with age and wear, and that's a perfect storm for the popularity.
Agreed, i love how the 1s are slim thru to the ankle so i can wear fitting denim. They also do not crack/yellow/etc like other jordans (for the most part). I will say celebrities did popularize it for me because i wore strictly 3,4, and 13 before.

Still remember being a freshman in HS. At that time it seemed like everyone at school was wearing BC3s and Mocha 3s so I bought some TB3s and thought I was doing it. Went to PE and saw a kid hooping in Black/Red 01s and was instantly hooked on AJ1. Year later I'm in a different school and my guy buys Royal 01s for $39.99 at Footlocker Outlet. By the time I left school and went, they were sold out. Once the Black patent metallic gold mids dropped in 2003, everyone had them. AJ1s have been popular for a long time. 

I wasn't born when Jordan wore these. But the 1's are just so classic, I must have these.

Last edited:
For me i just got older. 

I remember looking down on Jordan 1s for a long time cuz they didn't have all the bells and whistles the later models did. Visible Air, huarache boots, 3M, straps, wings, carbon fiber plates, etc. all the cool tech i was enamored with before i started getting older and feeling outta place tryna take or wear anything but a 3 or 1 out.

I think i just started to feel like the air jordan 1 is the wear anytime do anything sneaker. I still love every other model, but as someone who goes out to a lot of functions and things, I'm much much more comfortable wearing a jordan 1 than anything else.

Classic material

Last edited:
Well we liked em in the 80s as they were a durable cheap alternative for skating. It's good that you all came around to great fashion sense. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Older I get, the more I rock 1's on a consistent basis.

You just can't go wrong with em.

Unless you wearin em with jogger jeans/pants or somethin like that :lol:

Fuccc Kanye. His first shoe with nike were butt ugly. 2nd shoe was pretty good, I'd wear them but can't stand him and wouldn't pay over retail for them. And his adidas are way over hyped. I wouldn't even pay retail for them. Idk why people want to be like him. LOL just be yourself like what you like. back to the topic.

I'm confused as to why the only pics of the breds are from a chinese over seas instagram seller? Game is gettin kinda sketch bros...

Nah, the first Yeezy's, especially black and pinks were lit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom