The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably got butt hurt for getting banned

happens everytime

i remember that one oompa loompa looking dude with the **** niketalk shirt lol

like who goes out their way to make a shirt like that unless they emotionally disturbed?

uhoh my banned 1's toe box might be too small :smh:

You buy your true size?

damn I miss them days when sneaker resell was $100 or less, yeah the game all messed up now. I dont even know how it got to this point. Js were more limited and dudes just were not as greedy back then. you make your extra $100 and keep it moving.

I miss when the mom and pops stores were the resellers back when you went to a mom and pops store a couple months after a release and they had a little $50-60 mark up and that was on the hottest release. I remember being able to get pairs a week early for 20 extra or 10 extra the night before

Last edited:
Knew I shouldn't have had my hopes up. One of my shoes is taller than the other. Lots of inconsistencies. Sloppy craftsmanship. Completely unacceptable for a pair of shoes that was somewhat limited. I'm on the verge of liquidating my collection, and moving on with life. Nike is playing its customers. Sadly, at this point, unauthorized pairs are probably constructed with finer detail than the garbage Nike continually pushes out.

Last edited:

Yeah, I was a re-seller. But I wasn't stockin' 10 pairs of the same shoe let alone 20-30, then postin' it on social media talkin' bout I got em on deck for triple the retail price, OR postin' pics of real J's on social media but shippin' out fakes instead. 

I bought 5 pairs of OG '97 Flu Games or 5 pairs of OG Playoff 12s, kept one maybe two pairs for myself, sometimes Pops would keep a pair. I then sold the remaining extra pairs for around $60-75 above retail at my parents' five store locations while I was a college student. Karma? I highly doubt it. I was never greedy. But one thing I wasn't doing was putting up rape prices or cheating people with fakes and dishonesty like some are doing on all kinds of sites (eg, Grailed, Kixify, IG, etc)
damn I miss them days when sneaker resell was $100 or less, yeah the game all messed up now. I dont even know how it got to this point. Js were more limited and dudes just were not as greedy back then. you make your extra $100 and keep it moving.
IMO, one of the key contributors as to how "it got to this point" has got to be the proliferation of social media combined with online shopping. The internet now makes it possible for consumers to have simultaneous access to numerous purchase avenues. Back in the day, we were only limited and confined to purchasing the shoes that were sold within close proximity to us. Our only other option was to order through Eastbay catalog via mail or if we knew people who lived in other cities who could pick up the shoes for us.

Last edited:
Knew I shouldn't have had my hopes up. One of my shoes is taller than the other. Lots of inconsistencies. Sloppy craftsmanship. Completely unacceptable for a pair of shoes that was somewhat limited. I'm on the verge of liquidating my collection, and moving on with life. Nike is playing its customers. Sadly, at this point, unauthorized pairs are probably constructed with finer detail than the garbage Nike continually pushes out.
Size? [emoji]128064[/emoji]

That Sole X guy only takes venmo. He's a merchant and there's no protection so be careful.
Yeah just saw that also, not sure how safe that is. 

I've dealt with him before, no issues, this was in person...idk his reasoning for not taking paypal. He used to have a consignment shop but he's working solo now. I just tried to pass an oop but if it's shady f it, I'll keep looking around for you guys

Last edited by a moderator:
sad but true. nike's not focused on quality and innovation anymore like before. its all about $$$ now. and yes, ive seen reps with better craftsmanship than legit pairs. 

still on the hunt....dude today flaked on me today $220
mean.gif

Yes of course, you're right. You've got like 1 person out of 1000 who either has the backdoor connect or has the cash to cop multiple back door pairs. But what percentage of the population has that kind of plug or that kind of disposable cash? Best believe they are the minority and the outlier. 

And I get it. They're simply capitalizing on the hype and the market. It's business. But imo, these people are a detriment and a cancer to the sneaker game because at the end of the day, they will always be an independent re-seller.

Why do people assume everything is purchased on credit? Even if it is, it's still their money. And besides, I work with people as young as 18, who drive hellcats building cars for a living. Don't underestimate people because of age...young or old.

Last edited:
damn, dude is really upset. i feel alot of what he's saying, but no point in getting upset. i'm only a few years under 40 and i have a wife and kids and all the same responsibilities that he spoke of. i coulda gotten upset about how the game has changed, but i wasn't ready to give up that easy. there's always another way. how bad do u want these kicks that u grew up loving? it is what it is. those who can't/don't adapt lose out, plain and simple. everyone can't win them all. at this point it's more about relationships. just like it has always been.

there are 3 ways to make moves in the current climate and 2 are far more efficient than the other. either 1. bot up 2. create strong relationships with key ppl 3. depend on raffles

those are the only options. what are u gonna do bc complaining won't cut it. also, like others have said, if ur "stackin' figures" and properties with a 6+ figure salary pay resell. it's that simple.

Last edited:
There were times when one could fetch double the price on popular sizes of the OG 12s after they sold out. I didn't feel the need to charge $250-300 because I was all about moving them quickly. $200 out the door and my stock flew off the shelves, and of course it helped tremendously that my folks had 5 sportswear stores.

A lot of resellers on Craigslist in my area who posted their Banned 1s for $350-400 on the 9/3 STILL have their ad up to this day at the same price. Which means, their 1s are sitting.

And no, it's not that easy to simply come home from the office at 7:30 at night, skip our daily family dinner at the dining room table, skip my kids' activities, grab the wife and tell all of em, "Let's go get some raffle tickets for some Jordans at 4-5 different malls til 9pm at night and don't worry about your homework." LOL

And oh btw, if we strike out, honey why don't you go ahead and create 3 separate accounts for you and the kids, upload the credit card info, and everyone get up at 6:45 am on Saturday morning and make sure you're ready to enter the Nike draw not to mention click as fast as you can on all the other footsites so you can attempt to beat the bots for the next 3-4 hours while using your iPhone, laptop, tablet, and desktop computer."    LOL you gotta be kidding right
Well than you'll be going the resale route. No need to complain about it just live with it obviously there's NOTHING u can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom