THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

Cowboys would benefit more from an open TE and WR competition....Dez and Witten can get away without training all offseason and walk into camp and have the number 1 spot no questions.
No Dez can not get away without camp. Dez is a player who will not play well with no practice.Supposedly he had a good camp this year and look how that turned out.

Get rid of Garrett and Linny ASAP.

New year, same sh** :smh:
Sadly, I don't see Linehan going anywhere as long as Carrot's the HC.

Words cannot describe how normal that game felt ....

This :smh:

Not running the ball on the 3 yard line with Zeke is a fireable offense. That was football incompetence at its finest.

Defense balled out. They deserved better than that.

Defense playing flawless and Linehan calling plays like it's Madden :smh:

For the life of me, I can't understand why Dak is in shotgun so much... we don't give Zeke the ball much out of it, we don't do a lot of PA out of it, Dak isn't Romo, so really we just playing ourselves into a 4 yard check down religiously |l

Linehan was good for Romo but not so well for Dak. Not sure what OC fits Dak's style but whoever he is hopefully Jerry finds him asap.

Dez needs work, all these years he's been in the league and can only run 3-4 routes is absolutely riduculous, and whoever is responsible should be fired. Witten needs move along and let Rico get touches.

Need to get some depth on the O line bc if one those 3 pro bowlers can't play, Dak falls apart.

This supposedly speed/ bend but don't break defense is mediocre even with Sean Lee and Hitchens ....think should get get a fat DT to clog up the middle and shut down the run aka Gilbert Brown and put David Irving as the other end opposite Tank.

Think those young DBs will eventually be okay once there learn how to turn around look for the ball.

But I'm JG ain't goin nowhere and starting to doubt that either coordinator will be replaced.

Spare me with the "We need to get a coordinator to fit Dak"

Not saying we don't need new coaches because we definitely do but Dak don't deserve to be defended for his play by anyone

Ain't no one mention this last season when he was flourishing

Dak's problems aren't as simple as a system he's playing in

It's mechanics and football IQ. He has neither

Not saying we don't need new coaches because we definitely do but Dak don't deserve to be defended for his play by anyone

He's a 4th round second year QB, so tell me what would you do as far as QB if you was jerry?

Not defending Dak at all cause he absolutely has to play better, but people were saying the exact same thing about Goff last season & look how much the Rams have improved by bringing in McVay. We don't need Dak to be Brady to win. Overall, there was way too much outside noise this season. We at least ride Dak until his contract is up.

Not defending Dak at all cause he absolutely has to play better, but people were saying the exact same thing about Goff last season & look how much the Rams have improved by bringing in McVay. We don't need Dak to be Brady to win. Overall, there was way too much outside noise this season. We at least ride Dak until his contract is up.
I agree with riding him until his rookie deal is up but Goff and Dak are not 1 to 1 comparable at all
Their skillets differ dramatically. Goff always had the skill set and IQ to be an above average QB. Dak has never really been above average at anything one particular thing and last season was simply a product of an OP offense

He also strikes me as one of those guys thats a leader in front of the camera but not behind the scenes. I've always hated how he sulks after messing up instead of tryna pick the team back up

I do give him mad props for calling Dez out after the Seattle game though :lol:
He's a 4th round second year QB, so tell me what would you do as far as QB if you was jerry?
I'm calling Tony :lol:

Nah but really there's a few interesting options to look into
Jimmy G will be expensive but def worth a look
What Minnesota is going to do with Teddy is up in the air as well

Last edited:
floodarea floodarea The 49ers has found their future QB and I doubt that they let him go.

Not sure how I feel about Teddy but if he's available I would love to bring him into camp and give Dak some comp going into camp.

Hate to say this but 4 people who aint going nowhere soon ....Jerruh, JG, Dak, and Zeke ...so the only alternatives are new coordinators who can scheme us some wins.

We can have Dan Marino at QB, but if his blindside can't be protected and his recievers can be trusted, then we won't win anyway.

Wait, how long is dak's deal? I figured it was only 3 years. floodarea floodarea I completely agree with the fake leader comment. Bruh looks like he's mad quiet and timid off the camera. We should definitely bring in a vet to light a fire of they're looking at Dak as a franchise guy. Wish they bring Romo in as a qb coach to eventually take jg's job.

we need to bring in some speed guys to better compliment his game, get a new OC, draft a WR after the 1st round, move Dez to the slot, but Dak simply has to improve his game more as well

I'm actually not one of those doom and gloom guys re: this team, we have a lot of talent and just need fine tuning and NO OUTSIDE NOISE <-- always a killer

Dak Passer Rating with Tyron playing 98.1 (would have put him 10th in the league)

Dak Passer Rating without Tyron 55.2

Would still have been a dip if Tyron playing all season. So he does have to be sharper, but he absolutely needs a LT.

Random thoughts on the season, and S!!! I have been sayin forever.

Garrett should have never been named HC in the first place. Wish Jerry would get rid of him.

Dak overthrows way too many balls. Lot of high errant throws.

Zeke need to be there, no silly ish during the offseason.

A lot of flack has been headed Dez way, even my bro said he needs to go. I think Dez could be like Anquan Bouldin if he learns to get some separation (run better routes) and improve his hands ASAP. I'm not givin up on Dez, but the criticism he is receiving is legitimate.

need more consistent pass rush. Scandrick need to find a way to stay healthy, I know he tried to play through the hand injury...

Lee needs a new trainer or something.

Lookin like we'll never get back to the chip smh. F!!! GARRETT

Dak is an enigma for me. I honestly don’t know how to judge him. On one hand, he was money last year. No denying that. Conversely, dude has regressed in every category this season...and even if the numbers are ugly, I wouldn’t be mad if dude was still making progressions. He hasn’t. He’s been horribly inaccurate. But I’ll be silly if I said his rookie year didn’t afford him a long leash.

Linehan gotta go...our offense is so vanilla. So predictable. I watched the game with a dozen cowboys fans. When Noah brown checked in, we all started murmuring , here comes the run. Watch the run. If we know it’s run or pass according to personnel, maaaaaybe the defense knows too! We get cute at the wrong times...can’t sxgeme cold Beasley open for shhh this year. Teams showed us early they were gonna double him in third downs. We nvr adjusted. I haven’t felt confident all year in a 3rd and 10 or so...

I’m in the boat that we have building blocks, so it ain’t the end of the road, we just gotta put these guys in a position to play to their strengths...

Dez my N I hate it had to be him....

I love Dez too but we've seen too many balls slip thru his fingers and some actually hit in the face mask ....scheme or not he has regressed, and truly hope that him only knowing 3-4 routes is a joke.

Dak just need to get better, bc during a lot of replays I can see the open recievers but his reads are too long and not quick enuff which makes him rely on his legs to get him out of his late read ....get gotta get better ...tony was very quick with the his reads.

Since JG ain't getting fired then Linehan gotta go ...not giving the ball to zeke on goal line was a nail in the coffin.

They saying Hitchens is leaving so we gotta go LB in 1st round then a WR..

I love Dez too but we've seen too many balls slip thru his fingers and some actually hit in the face mask ....scheme or not he has regressed, and truly hop that him only know 3-4 routes is a joke.

Dak just need to get better, bc during a lot of replays I can see the open recievers but his reads are too long and not quick enuff which makes him rely on his legs to get him out of his late read ....get gotta get better ...tony was very quick with the his reads.

Since JG ain't getting fired then Linehan gotta go ...not giving the ball to zeke on goal line was a nail in the coffin.

They saying Hitchens is leaving so we gotta go LB in 1st round then a WR..
Dez def let’s balls slip through his fingers he’s no OBJ who loves balls in his hands.

Back
Top Bottom