THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || Season Opener: Week 1 @ Browns

Once Rodgers won his first Super Bowl to tie with Farve Packer fans was like Bret Who
Dak just has to win one playoff game to surpass Romo:rofl:
Two playoff games and Dak might have a spot at NBC when he is done playing:lol:

Once Rodgers won his first Super Bowl to tie with Farve Packer fans was like Bret Who
Dak just has to win one playoff game to surpass Romo:rofl:
Two playoff games and Dak might have a spot at NBC when he is done playing:lol:
Actually he gotta win 3 playoff games to surpass Romo

Which is a long shot at this point
Not only because of him but because we went gonna be a locked in playoff team for the next 2-3 years minimum I say

Plus, Romo took way worse teams to the playoffs than Dak has had these past 2 seasons

Rod Marinelli deserves the Cowboys coach of the year award for the way this young defense played so above expectations

If Dak could've finished drives and gave the defense a chance to breath every now and then the season and our record would be completely different
I get the coaching screwed us over a few times a la Green Bay and Seattle but throwing the ball over dudes heads, throwing 5 yard checkdowns on 3rd & 10 and 13 INTs aren't coaching. Thats all on Dak

Actually he gotta win 3 playoff games to surpass Romo

Which is a long shot at this point
Not only because of him but because we went gonna be a locked in playoff team for the next 2-3 years minimum I say

Plus, Romo took way worse teams to the playoffs than Dak has had these past 2 seasons

Rod Marinelli deserves the Cowboys coach of the year award for the way this young defense played so above expectations

If Dak could've finished drives and gave the defense a chance to breath every now and then the season and our record would be completely different
I get the coaching screwed us over a few times a la Green Bay and Seattle but throwing the ball over dudes heads, throwing 5 yard checkdowns on 3rd & 10 and 13 INTs aren't coaching. Thats all on Dak
I always forget about that Philly win..
Out of curiosity which Romo led playoff teams were worst than this year?
Everyone always says Romo had bad teams but they were all equipped with defenses that were all better than this year. He had T.O and Murray when both was leading the league in there positions and in 2007 and 2009 Cowboys had a TOP 5 Defense

I always forget about that Philly win..
Out of curiosity which Romo led playoff teams were worst than this year?
Everyone always says Romo had bad teams but they were all equipped with defenses that were all better than this year. He had T.O and Murray when both was leading the league in there positions and in 2007 and 2009 Cowboys had a TOP 5 Defense
Was speaking more so on last years team

Our O line played terribly this year, especially on the left side ....if we don't get O line depth, specifically a swing tackle then it dont matter who throw, run, and call plays.

Micheal irving on social media advocating for Dez like he getting some of Dez's contract money.

Decided to finally get a PFF subscription.... So here it goes.

Dak Prescott - 80.3 (84.4 in 2016) - 16th QB - Ranked Above Average

Zeke Elliott - 83.5 (88.8 in 2016) - 10th RB - Ranked Above Average
Alfred Morris - 73.4 - 43rd RB - Ranked Average
Rod Smith - 70.2 - 57th RB - Ranked Average

Dez Bryant - 75.4 (86.3 in 2016) - 46th WR- Ranked Average
Cole Beasley -68.0 (86.1 in 2016) - T-69th WR - Ranked Below Average
Brice Butler - 62.8 - Ranked Poor
Terrance Williams - 58.4 (76.5 in 2016) - 75th WR - Ranked Poor

Jason WItten - 73.3 (75.3 in 2016) - 19th TE - Ranked Average
James Hanna - 73.2 (69 in 2016) - 20th TE - Ranked Average

Tyron Smith - 79.7 (84.8 in 2016) - 18th T - Ranked Average (33rd in Pass Block, 5th in Run Block)
La'el Collins - 52.7 (38 in 2016) - 52nd T - Ranked Poor (64th in Pass Block, 37th Run Block)
Chaz Green - 30.6
Byron Bell - 27.4

Zach Martin - 91.9 (88.6 in 2016) - 2nd G - Ranked Elite (5th in Pass Block, 2nd in Run Block)
Jonathan Cooper - 62.7 - 36th G - Ranked Below Average (45th in Pass Block, 31st in Run Block)

Travis Frederick - 89.8 (90.9 in 2016) - 2nd C - Ranked High Quality (4th in Pass Block, 2nd in Run Block)

Finally got around to looking at the defense thanks to PFF

Demarcus Lawrence - 94.1 (68.9 in 2016) - 3rd Edge Defender (2nd in Pass Rush, 9th in Run Defense)
Benson Mayowa - 73.5 (61.4 in 2016) - 66th Edge Defender (58th in Pass Rush, 71st in Run Defense)
Taco Charlton - 52.5 (Rookie) - 94th Edge Defender (75th in Pass Rush, 107th in Run Defense out of 111 qualified)

Tyronne Crawford - 83.5 (72.6 in 2016) - 26th Interior Defender (41st Run Defense, 18th in Pass Rush)
David Irving - 83.4 (78.5 in 2016) - 29th Interior Defender (110th in Run Defense, 8th in Pass Rush)
Maliek Collins - 46.8 (42.7 in 2016) - 114th Interior Defender of 122 (123rd in Run Defense, 41st in Pass Rush)
All the lesser pieces like Price, Ash were not really good at all

Sean Lee - 88.9 (87.4 in 2016) - 7th Ranked LB (5th in Run Defense, 14th in Coverage, 55.6 Pass Rush does not rank well)
Anthony Hitches - 80.8 (58.8 in 2016) - 21st Ranked LB (21st in Run Defense, 31st in Coverage, 58.3 Pass Rush)
Jaylon Smith - 70.5 - 47th Ranked LB (85 of 91 in Run Defense, 17th in Coverage, 71.8 Pass Rush is Top 10)
Kyle Wilber and Damien Wilson did not do well on limited snaps

Chidobe Awuzie - 81.7 (Rookie) - 38th Ranked DB ( 39th in Coverage, 46th in Run Defense)
Jourdan Lewis - 79.6 (Rookie) - 49th Ranked DB (54th in Coverage, 39th in Run Defense)
Xavier Woods - 78.8 (Rookie) - 55th Ranked DB (65th in Coverage , 51st in Run Defense, 2nd only to Honey Badger in Pass Rush////////0
Anthony Brown - 57.6 (74.7 in 2016) - 90th Ranked DB (90th in Coverage, 91st in Run Defense)
Orlando Scandrick - 41.5 (78.9 in 2016) - 113th Ranked DB of 121 ( 114th of 119 qualified in Coverage, 8th in Run Defense)

Jeff Heath - 80.8 (77.7 in 2016) - 37th Ranked Safety (22nd in Coverage, 59th in Run D)
Byron Jones - 76.8 (83.7 in 2016) - 54th Ranked Safety (24th in Coverage, 69th in Run D)
Kavon Fraizer - 47.4 (50.6 in 2016) - 76th Ranked Safety (62nd in Coverage, 73rd in Run D)
All 3 were bad on Pass Rush

Where I see issues on both sides of the ball.

Offense:
1. New Play Calling (there's no adjustments made ever, and that has always been our Downfall even when Romo would be dealing, Garrett makes no adjustments)
2. Depth on the OL. Specifically for Tyron. We need a stable veteran presence if Tyron misses games. Dak was two different Quarterbacks when Tyron was in versus out.
3. We need a deep threat opposite Dez. Dez has taken a dip, for sure, but there's no threats anywhere else in the WR core.
4. Start phasing Witten out, and slowly give Hanna and Gathers more looks. Similar to Antonio Gates and Chargers. They still play him, but they've started to give Hunter Henry the reigns.
5. Even with Brice Butler is basically not coming back becuase he wants to start, I'd cut TWill loose, or try to get a mid to late round pick for him
6. Figure out is La'el a LG where he is really good, or a RT where he's still a work in process. I'd prefer him at LG because when he's at RT, it's wasting his physical gifts, and he's able to create bigger holes in the DLine for the running game at LG.
7. I'm good with Zeke and Rod Smith. Alfred played really well, but he's not necessary. If we keep him for cheap, fine. But I'd much rather look into a speed back in the mold of Lance Dunbar w/out the injuries.

Defense:
1. It's time to cut bait with Orlando Scandrick. He's got passed up by a bunch of young guys, may be the 7th best player in the secondary. Doesn't produce enough on the field for the money, or even if he did, he wouldn't be playing much with Awuzie, Woods, Lewis, and Brown already there.
2. While TCraw was really good last year, he's the 6th highest player, while being the 3rd best lineman on the team. His contract has sucked so far. And it'd be better to open up money elsewhere, or get a pure pass rusher on the opposite end of DLaw. DLaw, Irving and another pure pass rusher would be :wow: for opposing QBs
3. If the Seahawks let Earl Thomas go, absolutely go out and get him. Thomas, Jones and Heath would be a great combo to mix and match at Safety.
4. Try to keep Hitchens, and get some depth at LB. Jaylon is playing himself into form, and got better as the year went on. I think another offseason of training and rehab with a year of playing under his belt he'll be flying all over to get to the ball. Lee is still the man when he's on the field, and he's the heart of the Defense. Hitchens is a good jacknife guy that can play anywhere. But I think Hitchens is a tough keep because someone will break out their checkbook for big money. Either way, we need some insurance for Jaylon & Sean Lee, i.e. the Justin Durant's of the world.
5. Go look for an older vet DB that you can get for cheap.

If I were drafting, needs are
1. WR
2. Pass Rusher opposite DLaw
3. Strongside LB if we can't keep Hitchens / LB depth
4. DT who can swallow up the run
5. OL depth / RT (Prefer to get experienced guys for depth)
6. QB / RB in late rounds

Last edited:
Watching Bill vs Bill........ We had Bill Parcell and he was grooming Sean Payton to take over the Cowboys and Jerry Jones ruined everything by forcing Terrel Owens down his throat.

If Jerry Jones wasn’t such a control freak who knows what Parcell, Jimmy, and Peyton could have done

Jalen Hurts is prob a better Qb than Dak.

LOL yall go to far with the dak hate

in the last 10 years the cowboys have seen 2 division rivals win a SB and go on great playoff runs and the cowboys win NOTHING.

how does jerry thinks thats ok and still keep the same coaching staff:smh:

LOL yall go to far with the dak hate

in the last 10 years the cowboys have seen 2 division rivals win a SB and go on great playoff runs and the cowboys win NOTHING.

how does jerry thinks thats ok and still keep the same coaching staff:smh:
Jerry needs to hurry up and die I hate to say it. I think Raiders fans felt the same way about Al Davis during his later years.

Fox Sports interested in offering Witten a spot!! Please take him! Also if there are any sport boardcasting companies interested in Jason Garrett please take him too

Last edited:
Yea I believe a decent pass option at te would help dam out a ton. We been wasting time with wit with witten last two years.

Fox Sports interested in offering Witten a spot!! Please take him! Also if there are any sport boardcasting companies interested in Jason Garrett please take him too

i read a stat that whitten avg just 1 yard after the Catch:smh::rofl:the worst for all TE. Rico better be ready to go this year. if witten stays we have to use him how the Chargers use gates now

hitchens to KC.smith better be ready

not a shock but sandrick has for his release

Back
Top Bottom