THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || Season Opener: Week 1 @ Browns

I stopped posting in here because Cowboys been on a win streak since my last post and I thought I was jinxing them.

We need to make some Jurassic changes next year. Outside of playing the Giants/WSH I felt we was out coached most of the year.

we LOST the game this week

whole season was too much outside noise and not enough poise

window is still open not trippin knew this was not the year

Offense:
-Rod Smith becomes RB2 get him some touches whether he gives Zeke some breaks or we run a 2 RB set.
-I would be fine with Alfred back, but as RB3. I wish we still had Dunbar and he wasn’t made of tracing paper.
-Do whatever to get a deep threat WR. Dez is still one of the better gritty WRs in the NFL. Last I knew a few weeks ago he was 1st in missed tackles forced per reception.
Has he lost a step? Yeah. But we also have a really unimaginative play calling setup when it comes to everybody on passing routes. When a guy loses a step, it’s on the coaching staff to figure out how to get him open. I.e. New routes. New schemes whatever.
Whatever the case, on the goal line, very few I’d still take over Dez on a 50/50 ball
-Depth on the OL. When Tyron goes out, it’s like a sieve out there even with Fred and Zack playing well. I’d consider La’el back at LG because he’s a beast there. And Cooper being a depth piece.
-TE, Time for Witten to retire or be a 3rd down and short guy. Hanna and Rico would add a lot of dynamic athleticism needed that Witten is missing, and he’s not getting open really ever. Good at catching in traffic, but it’s pointless if you need 8 on 3rd and he catches a 6 yard Route with a guy on his back.

Defense:
I have very little on this side of the ball, they played pretty well for the season, especially as a young team. But if I could make suggestions
-DT who can really get into the backfield. Put that with DLaw and Irving and it would be fire.
-Our LB core is good. Lee is great when he’s on the field. Jaylon is still having to get there, but shows promise. Hitchens is good player to move all around. It’s just depth.
-If Earl Thomas wants to be here? Take him.

After the Dez fumble, we all knew what the deal was. You are on the sideline complaining and we bend to get him the ball and he fumbles instead of sticking with what works.

Not running the ball on the 3 yard line with Zeke is a fireable offense. That was football incompetence at its finest.

Defense balled out. They deserved better than that.

Cowboys would benefit more from an open TE and WR competition....Dez and Witten can get away without training all offseason and walk into camp and have the number 1 spot no questions.

Back
Top Bottom