THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 1 - 1 Next game 9/22 vs. Ravens

Call me crazy, but I wish the Cowboys would hold Romo until around training camp/preseason. No longer than the NFL trade deadline. Realistically we won't get much compensation (Draft Picks for 2017) 'cause teams won't be desperate enough. Why take a 37 Year Old QB when you can get a younger & cheaper option in the draft. There's bound to be an injured QB later in the year or possibly a better option to what they have or drafted (Romo). If the Vikings gave a 1st rounder for San Bradford I'm sure we can get a 1st & possibly 2-5th rounder.

Call me crazy, but I wish the Cowboys would hold Romo until around training camp/preseason. No longer than the NFL trade deadline. Realistically we won't get much compensation (Draft Picks for 2017) 'cause teams won't be desperate enough. Why take a 37 Year Old QB when you can get a younger & cheaper option in the draft. There's bound to be an injured QB later in the year or possibly a better option to what they have or drafted (Romo). If the Vikings gave a 1st rounder for San Bradford I'm sure we can get a 1st & possibly 2-5th rounder.

You make a good point about waiting but then Dallas doesn't have anyone that can contribute right away because that would be after the draft. I like the idea of trading Romo for the best current defensive player we can get so that we have an immediate impact player. For example, if there was like a Demarcus Ware that was 5 years younger out there we could trade for.

If we could trade Romo for a 2017 Charles Haley, we would be set.

Last edited:
You make a good point about waiting but then Dallas doesn't have anyone that can contribute right away because that would be after the draft. I like the idea of trading Romo for the best current defensive player we can get so that we have an immediate impact player. For example, if there was like a Demarcus Ware that was 5 years younger out there we could trade for.

If we could trade Romo for a 2017 Charles Haley, we would be set.

Yeah, the draft pick won't come into play until 2018.
But, the one thing everyone is forgetting is...
Don't the Cowboys have a Top 5 talent from last years draft on IR currently?
It's a stretch, & a big IF...
But if Jaylon Smith can come back from that injury & play next to Lee we could add a different & a new piece on defense.
We're playing better than expected with these "UFO's" on the defense. Add Smith who would be a "rookie" + whatever we pick up in the draft & we are back in the playoff mix.

Also, for those worried about our draft position...

Byron Jones was taken 27th overall, & Travis Frederick 31st overall. I have complete faith in the late 1st round & the rest of our draft due to how well we've drafted these last few years. So many players via the draft & undrafted players as well. Romo, Whitehead, Beasley, Church, Leary, Bailey, Jones (P) & Collins. All starters at one point or another.

Last edited:
In regards to Frederick, some speculate he would have been there in the second round.

Chip Kelly wanted to draft Prescott in the earlier rounds but Balke said no... now they both fired 
laugh.gif

You cant bring Romo to training camp. Hes going to be more accurate in his throws and theres a strong possibility that he outplays Dak in practice. Then what are you going to do play Dak over someone who is outplaying him every day? Gotta get rid of him before camp, Jerry and Stephen know this too

You cant bring Romo to training camp. Hes going to be more accurate in his throws and theres a strong possibility that he outplays Dak in practice. Then what are you going to do play Dak over someone who is outplaying him every day? Gotta get rid of him before camp, Jerry and Stephen know this too

If you pull the trigger too soon on a deal we'll lose out on possible compensation... What if a trade for a defensive players come about? Regardless there will be clauses as to how many games Romo has to start to get (X) round draft pick. A lot has to do with his salary...

If Romo and Dak split reps all training camp and both equally went for the the Starting QB do you really think 37 year old Romo would "strongly" win the job?

Lions
Packers
Giants

I think I have an okay idea for Romo. We'll be somewhere between 25-32nd pick... What if we swapped 1st Round picks with the Broncos for Romo... And added a 3rd for our 6th or the 7th we got from the Bills.. Would value Romo at about a mid 2nd Round grade.

We can put a conditional 4th to the Broncos in 2018 if he misses over half the season due to injury.

Last edited:
If Romo and Dak split reps all training camp and both equally went for the the Starting QB do you really think 37 year old Romo would "strongly" win the job?

IMO if both went to camp next year, i believe Tony would outplay Dak. Which is why i dont think you should bring him to camp, if you want to move on from him just move. No need to keep him hanging around

Imagine the narrative if Romo gets on the Broncos next year and he gets to the Super Bowl against us 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Imagine the narrative if Romo gets on the Broncos next year and he gets to the Super Bowl against us :lol:  

Thats a lot of IFs for a QB that never made it past the divisional round of the playoffs in his career and hasn't played a full season in a few years.

It would make an interesting narrative though.

IMO if both went to camp next year, i believe Tony would outplay Dak. Which is why i dont think you should bring him to camp, if you want to move on from him just move. No need to keep him hanging around

It won't matter how good Romo looks in trying camp after Dak delivers on a 6th Super Bowl.

So J Smith just said his nerve has begun to regenerate and he's getting feeling back in his foot, he's currently running a 4.5,said he could even play right now at a high level :smokin

This is already looking like one of the all time great Cowboys draft, Zeke, Dak, ABrown, Collins, add Smith to that equation and man :wow: :wow: :wow: Just provided this team with the foundation on offense and defense for the next 8 years

Last edited:
Well said man...I CAN'T WAIT to see Jaylon and Sean Lee on the same mfn field at the same mfn time!!!

Its basically like adding another first round pick next season...I'm hyped man...

Lions
Packers
Giants

I think I have an okay idea for Romo. We'll be somewhere between 25-32nd pick... What if we swapped 1st Round picks with the Broncos for Romo... And added a 3rd for our 6th or the 7th we got from the Bills.. Would value Romo at about a mid 2nd Round grade.

We can put a conditional 4th to the Broncos in 2018 if he misses over half the season due to injury.

He won't be traded till after the draft and you know it.

Just saw we signed Shaq Evans.
Hopefully that means we for sure cut TWill this off season and utilize Butler more.

Last edited:
All depends on what the offers are for TW

If you would have asked me after the first couple of weeks, I'd say get him out of here no matter the circumstance.

But really when you think about it, not sure we need much more than what TW gives us.

We'll never have gaudy Dez numbers, or gaudy TO like numbers because we are built for the run, and Dak isn't a gun slinger.

But with Dez, and Cole/Witten underneath.. Zeke out of the backfield (even Dunbar out of the backfield).... The # 2 WR only has to be ready, doesn't have to put up 1000+ yard seasons

The money that TWill is going to ask for can go towards our Dline.
I don't think we'd miss a beat letting Butler fill his spot.

Back
Top Bottom