The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
ComplexEnlightenedCheetah-size_restricted.gif

I'm starting to think Bill shoulda just humbled himself and let Brady win this one. He has no plan B. After Brady got Jimmy G traded, he won. That was Bill's next guy. It's hard to find the young heir apparent. Montana to Young and Favre to Rodgers is rare. The Colts got Luck after Peyton but that was after a horrible season. I don't see Bill tanking a season to get Trevor Lawrence.

Nothing wrong with them seeing what they have in Stidham. Can also go after a guy like Cam or Jameis.

Stages of Buc Em offseason/season cycle:

Step 1 - Lose all hope
Step 2 - Small change to team leads to re-energized optimism
Step 3 - Rip on people for not thinking the bucs will win twice as many games as last year
Step 4 - Bucs win week 1 and celebrate like its the superbowl
Step 5 - slowly disappear after week 3 when you realize the bucs suck
Step 6 - resurface after a 2-3 game win streak
Step 7 - disappear after you lose to the giants and ********
Step 8 - Transition completely to fantasy football talk
Step 9 - repeat cycle at step 1

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.24.55 AM.png

I know we like to say Brady didn't have receivers last year, but Since 2016 Brady has had a decline in completion %, TD %, QB rating, QBR, longest completed pass, average yards per game and yards per attempt.

That's literally indicators of an aging player. This year isn't going to turn back the hands of time. This a be a slow 4 year decline.
Is he aging? Absolutely.

But aging for being the GOAT to a top 12 to 15 QB isn't bad at all.

When you compare Brady to himself that's not all that good. But when you compare him to the field...

Do you know how many teams would jump at 24 TDS and 8 ints with 4000 yds????

Gonna get real tiring hearing this story discussed ad-nauseum every week this season after hearing it discussed all offseason :lol: :smh:

Must've been how 9ers fans felt in '94 :lol:,too bad there's no Steve Young to be found :smh:

Is he aging? Absolutely.

When you compare Brady to himself that's not all that good. But when you compare him to the field...

You can get similar numbers form a healthy Cam newton tbh. Didn't the niners decline the option of signing brady?

Why are we still talking about a washed QB who was 27th in the NFL in YPA last year, 18th in QBR, 27th in completion %, and 14th in TDs all while being sacked half as many times as Jameis Winston?

9ers aren't ever gonna straight up say they wanted to bring in the dude Jimmy was supposed to replace :lol:

I'm surprised that Lynch even admitted their was some interest publicly though, not sure how Jimmy's supposed to feel about that...

9ers aren't ever gonna straight up say they wanted to bring in the dude Jimmy was supposed to replace :lol:

I'm surprised that Lynch even admitted their was interest publicly though, not sure how Jimmy's supposed to feel about that...

Yea I agree that it was a weird and awkward situation for all parties involved. But tbh, the niners are better off with Jimmy.

You can get similar numbers form a healthy Cam newton tbh. Didn't the niners decline the option of signing brady?
Lynch shot his shot about Brady when we traded for Jimmy.

I haven't heard anything about Brady as of recent. But that would be a downward move IMO.

At this current juncture, Jimmy is better. It might not be by a lot, but give me younger and slightly better any day.

Jimmy for 5 years > Aging Tom for 2 years.

Year 1 as a starter we went to the ******* super bowl. Give me that any day of the week, regardless if the defense helped him.

Jimmy against NO and AZ was a sight to see. There is a player in there.

All I know is Gase better get his head out of his *** & let Darnold + Bell flourish. The East should be open the way things appear right now, though I'd definitely say the Bills have the best roster in the division.

I'd have to give the Bills the edge in the division right now too, they didnt really lose anyone major while adding quality pieces. If anyone's a favorite in the east, should be them imo.

Miami's building something though so they could cut the gap a lot depending on if they get their franchise QB tomorrow. Right now I'd put them behind the Pats but a lot can change in the next 24 hours. On their end and on the Pats front.

The Jets are still the Jets :lol:,not worried about them in the least tbvh

**** might as well get assets while you can for the talent still left cause it's looking like a rebuild might be coming instead of a retool...:lol: :smh:

Is he aging? Absolutely.

But you kinda proving my point. Brady has regressed for a Top 3 QB to 15 in a offense and personnel that was literally built around him to mask his weakness.

These are the QBs Bruce Arians has worked with, in their first year in his offense.

Every player had an average yard per attempt of at LEAST 7 yards. Last year Brady had 6.6. Jameis had an average of 8.2, something Brady has only done 3 times in his career.

Every player was sacked at MINIMUM of 41 times. Last year Brady was sacked 27 times. Brady has been sacked 41 times once in his career.

The lowest INT % for a player was 2.7. Last year Brady's average was 1.3%. Brady has only hit that make twice in his career.

The longest compost pass was at MINIMUM 70 yard. Last year Brady's longest pass was 59 yard. Brady has had a completed pass over 70+ since 2016.

Coupled with the fact that Brady is trending downward; Arians offense utilizes the deep ball threat, which in turn results in sacks and INTs. Also, Jameis, Ben, Luck & Palmer were all known for their arm strength.

Brady going to a NEW situation, that's weakness was really the Pats strength: and offense featuring pass catching and versatile RBs & an elite defense to keep scores low.

Outside Josh Allen & Ryan Tannehill (only started 12 games), no other QB threw for as little TDs as Brady and made the playoffs. Only 2 QB threw for more TDs and DIDN't make the playoffs. Matt Ryan and......... Jameis

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 1.06.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.52.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.53.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.57.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.55.33 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.24.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.24.55 AM.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 2
But you kinda proving my point. Brady has regressed for a Top 3 QB to 15 in a offense and personnel that was literally built around him to mask his weakness.

These are the QBs Bruce Arians has worked with, in their first year in his offense.

Every player had an average yard per attempt of at LEAST 7 yards. Last year Brady had 6.6. Jameis had an average of 8.2, something Brady has only done 3 times in his career.

Every player was sacked at MINIMUM of 41 times. Last year Brady was sacked 27 times. Brady has been sacked 41 times once in his career.

The lowest INT % for a player was 2.7. Last year Brady's average was 1.3%. Brady has only hit that make twice in his career.

The longest compost pass was at MINIMUM 70 yard. Last year Brady's longest pass was 59 yard. Brady has had a completed pass over 70+ since 2016.

Coupled with the fact that Brady is trending downward; Arians offense utilizes the deep ball threat, which in turn results in sacks and INTs. Also, Jameis, Ben, Luck & Palmer were all known for their arm strength.

Brady going to a NEW situation, that's weakness was really the Pats strength: and offense featuring pass catching and versatile RBs & an elite defense to keep scores low.

Outside Josh Allen & Ryan Tannehill (only started 12 games), no other QB threw for as little TDs as Brady and made the playoffs. Only 2 QB threw for more TDs and DIDN't make the playoffs. Matt Ryan and......... Jameis

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 1.06.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.52.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.53.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.57.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.55.33 PM.png

Damn, Nick has time today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom