The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t officially retire numbers they just stop using them. But they haven’t stopped using a number in a long time and use the ring of honor as the main way to honor our former players now

There’s been like 20 other players that have worn that number since he left. Him and that number didn’t become synonymous with each other until after he left there.

CMC been durable as hell and one of the most productive. Makes complete sense. He's not just a between the tackles runner. He can extend his career unlike most RBs who get hefty contracts.

Curious to see what this means for Cook. Was hoping that'd get done.

CMC been durable as hell and one of the most productive. Makes complete sense. He's not just a between the tackles runner. He can extend his career unlike most RBs who get hefty contracts.

Curious to see what this means for Cook. Was hoping that'd get done.

Wondering the same for Henry. Was hoping an extension would be worked out before cmc got his deal.

Oh, right...you're thing. :lol:

I think it can work with Cook for the following reasons:

1. Cook doesn't have as much leverage as say a Gurley or Zeke Elliot did before him, now CMC. so the contract won't be top dollar. It will be near it though.

2. It's always beneficial to lock up your stars a year in advance of their pending free agency. Signing him now, salary caps go up, so assuming consistent production, he becomes a bargain in a few years.

3. His injury history is concerning, but as a result of his knee injury, he really doesn't have a bunch of NFL mileage on his body, so he definitely has at least another 4 or 5 seasons of high end production . That makes the term of his contract all the more worthwhile if you sign him here soon.

So long as they front load it so they can cut him after 3 seasons, just in case injuries become a real problem, I'm good with an extension right now and in this particular circumstance.

The Todd Gurley situation also helped owners and GMs as well, because they can point to that colossal mistake of a contract to keep some of the leverage from players. It already worked against Melvin Gordon last year and that was before Gurley was cut, so it won't play any better for RBs today. I believe CMC is mostly an outlier given his receiver ability. It's beyond any other RB.

I’d pay cmc and saquon, cause I think like marshall Faulk you’d be able to play both at multiple WR spots

but I’d still draft another RB in the 2nd or later, since I wouldn’t want either over 250 then factor about 70-80 receptions

but I don’t think split back systems get used nearly enough.. run 22 and 23, which are usually power formations but with TEs and RBs that can be pass catching options that you can spread out

CMC could legit say F U to running back and be a Pr Bowl slot receiver. Give that man his bread.

I always liked him over Bell. They have a similar skill set, but Bell can't take it 80 on you.

Pay Saquon too, he's transcendent.

I hope Henry gets paid but if I'm a GM I wouldn't do it.

CMC could legit say F U to running back and be a Pr Bowl slot receiver. Give that man his bread.

I always liked him over Bell. They have a similar skill set, but Bell can't take it 80 on you.

Pay Saquon too, he's transcendent.

I hope Henry gets paid but if I'm a GM I wouldn't do it.

No way CMC will be labeled as slot receiver. That would go against the managements attempt to suppress the rb market.

Didn't Jimmy Graham try that a few years ago? He wanted to be labeled a wr instead of a te to get more bread.

Jimmy wanted to be considered a WR for tag purposes.. same thing a LB or 2 tried to do as pass rushers, since the tag for a DE was higher than for a LB (which put 3-4 OLBs in a tough spot)

But aNYone aNYone is just saying cmc is that good of a receiver.. he already got paid, so the tag doesn’t matter

but considering 2nd WRs and slot guys are making 10+ now, if you have a RB like cmc I have zero issue with paying them.. since they’re seeing the field more as a tool in a multitude of capacities

Kind of a lot going on in these graphics but gives a pretty good breakdown of draft visits. Rams just throwing in the towel on the draft. Hate to see it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom