The Official 2010 NCAA March Madness Thread -- * Kentucky and Kansas State Fall *

Originally Posted by TheGift23

1zzp4bc.jpg

pimp.gif

roll.gif

blind homerism ftw

Finalized my bracket today..and I will swap out UK for WVA in the Final 4.

It's really bothering me that everyone's brackets look the same. I figured Baylor would be a sleeper, nope..everyone has them. The Siena charm has washed away, and on they go..Old Dominion, UTEP, SDSU...like does anyone have New Mexico State in their 12/5 game? Haven't seen it yet.

Back to WVU... to me the road of Clemson/Mizzou/Marquette/New Mexico puts them as almost a lock to get to the Elite 8. Then I got a chance to make up some ground if they can knock off UK or UK might not even navigate their way there with Texas/Wake/Wisconsin/Temple/Cornell.

I'm intrigued by Syracuse/Vermont...simply because Vermont is nowhere near being a 16 seed...that is a joke.

The pod that is most interesting to me is Butler/UTEP/Vandy/Murray State....any of these could last through the weekend.

For the top seeds..I could see Villanova folding in the 2nd round, same with Duke if they catch Louisville on a good day.

And I don't put it past Texas to give Kentucky all they can handle. But they could lose by 10 to Wake.

Ohio State does not want to see Favors and Lawal in Round 2 IMO.

So in the end of for me..

Sweet 16
Kansas/MSU
G'Town/OSU

Cuse/Vandy
Xavier/KState

UK/Wisconsin
Marquette/WVU

Duke/AM
Baylor Villanova

Elite 8
Kansas/G'Town

Cuse/K State

Kentucky/WVA

Texas A&M/Baylor

Final 4
Georgetown vs Syracuse

West Virginia vs Baylor

Yes, I am not only a Georgetown homer, but a Big East homer. 1985 revisited.

allen...struggling with something similar. when i first went thru and did my bracket, had 3 big east teams in the final 4. while of course its possible, i just dont feel right doing that. still a bit torn with what im gonna go with

Sweet 16:
Kansas/MSU
OSU/G-Town
Cuse/UTEP
K-State/Pitt
Nova/Baylor
Duke/Siena
WVU/New Mexico
Kentucky/Cornell

8:
Kansas/OSU
Kentucky/WVU
Cuse/K-State
Duke/Nova

4:
Kansas/Cuse (NC Rematch)
Nova/WVU

NC:
Kansas/WVU (Jayhawks 72-70 OT)

I'm really riding UTEP and Siena - maybe a little too much. I like the Miners' size/length with Caracter and Moultrie. For Siena, Purdue is half the team without Hummel and I actually have an A&M upset by Utah State. So yes it's a bold prediction but I'm sticking with it for now.

Allen, why do you think A&M will reach the Elite Eight? Maybe I'll change the pick with a good explanation....

Tough games to pick for me:
UNLV/NI (NI)
Tenn/SDSU (SDSU is surging but I went with the Vols even without Tyler Smith - they found ways to win especially against Kentucky and Kansas)
GT/OK State (Anderson might carry but how will the Cowboys stop Lawai/Favors is the question - tempted to put the Yellow Jackets over Ohio State too)
Feel safe with my Maryland pick in that region - Jordan Williams has stepped it up and he's the key IMO

Butler/UTEP (this one could go either way but I'm betting on the Miners all the way to the Sweet 16)
Vandy will lose either first-round or second guaranteed (I got them winning one against Murray State)
BYU/Florida (tentatively put down the Gators with some Chandler Parsons magic but Fredette is liable to go off for 30 any given night)
Cuse/K-State (wanted to go K-State but I don't see it happening as long as Arinze is healthy)

Texas/Wake (Horns but Pittman has to stay on the floor meaning no foul trouble or fatigue)
Washington/New Mexico (I'm not that confident about New Mexico prefer not to have them in my Sweet 16)
Clemson/Mizzou (could go either way sided with the Tigers)
Kentucky/WVU (Huggins' squad has the length to deal with Cousins but what about Wall - picked Mountaineers anyway let's go Newark native Butler)

Cal/Louisville (Cal for now but you never know with Pitino)
Iffy about Duke going to the Elite Eight but maybe this is their year with Scheyer, Singler, and Smith
Richmond/St. Mary's (Richmond)
A&M/Utah State (Allen convince me otherwise)
Purdue/Siena (Boilermakers ain't the same without Hummel so Siena to the round of 16)

The Midwest region was tough for me also. I wanted to take the Vols over G-Town but I don't see them containing Monroe. Plus they might lose first-round to SDSU.

G-Town gives me similar concern. When Freeman, Wright, and Monroe are clicking this is a top team in the nation but losses like the one to Rutgers is scary.

I'm a semi-OSU basketball fan after Arizona of course but how much can Evan Turner carry? They have little depth and almost no inside presence offensively. Lauderdale is strong on D but he doesn't really offer much offensive production. If he gets into foul trouble who do the Buckeyes turn to?? Lighty is solid but Diebler and Buford have a good possibility of shooting cold any given night.

Picks are subject to change for sure.

Sweet Sixteen:

Kansas
Michigan State
Georgetown
Georgia Tech
Syracuse
UTEP
Xavier
Kansas State
Kentucky
Temple
Marquette
West Virginia
Duke
Texas A&M
Baylor
Villanova

Elite Eight:

Kansas
Georgetown
Syracuse
Kansas State
Kentucky
West Virginia
Texas A&M
Baylor

Final Four:

Kansas
Syracuse
West Virginia
Baylor

Kansas
West Virginia

West Virginia

Upsets:

Northern Iowa over UNLV
Houston over Maryland
Georgia Tech over Oklahoma State
UTEP over Butler
Louisville over Cal
Old Dominion over Notre Dame

Georgia Tech over Ohio State
UTEP over Vanderbilt
Xavier over Pitt
Temple over Wisconsin
Marquette over New Mexico
Texas A&M over Purdue

Texas A&M over Duke
Baylor over Villanova

West Virginia over Kentucky

West Virginia over Kansas

I don't completely believe West Virginia can beat Kentucky and Kansas, butI have to do something slightly different towards the end.

Temple is the team I'm most uncertain about.

I hope y'all are right with the Baylor vs. A&M Elite 8 matchup, Kiddin and Allen. That game would be crazy as hell. At least 6 technical fouls, guaranteed.

Texas A&M I find to be more solid than most think.

All their losses this year came to tournament teams. 6 of the 9 came to teams seeded 1-3, the other 3 came to Texas before they fell apart (also on the road), and Washington and Okie State both on the road.

But my issue remains with Duke...the past 2 years we've just seen them get the snot kicked out of them and sent home.

Utah State worries me in Round 1..they could easily beat A&M..but If not, I like them going forward....as Siena or Purdue I don't view as a threat.

my final four is:

Kansas
Kansas State
Baylor
West Virginia

Final = Kansas vs West Virginia

Champs = Kansas

upsets = FSU over Gonzaga , Minny over Xavier, Utah State over Texas A&M , Old Dominion over Notre Dame ........think thats it
pimp.gif

damn i just realized i put 3 Big 12 schools in the final four
laugh.gif
not a big 12 homer though lol.....only a tarheel homer in bball
nerd.gif

Dash Harris is expected to be back at 100% for Friday's game. I think his health decides how far we advance.

First round upsets (buckle up) : Houston over Maryland, GA Tech over OK State, FLA St over Gonzaga, UTEP over Butler, Murray St over Vandy, Florida over BYU, St. Marys over Richmond, Siena over Purdue, Lousiville over Cal, Washington over Marquette, Wake forest over Texas, Cornell over Temple

Sweet 16

Kansas/MSU
G'Town/OSU

Syracuse/UTEP
Xavier/KState

Kentucky/Wisconsin
WVU/Marquette

Duke/Siena
Nova/Notre Dame

Elite 8

Kansas/G'Town
Syracuse/Xavier
Kentucky/WVU
Nova/Duke

Final 4

Kentucky/Nova
Kansas/Syracuse

Championship

Kentucky over Syracuse

74-69

nice to see obama picking against Cal. should properly motivate Jamal Boykin. putting the santana champ on ice right now.

i feel like people make too big of a deal about road/home wins/losses. i wouldn't look @these games (TAMU, for example) like most of their big losses came on the road. i would look @them as coming away from home. if a team can't win away from home, they're not going to do well w/all these neutral court games.

Alright, finalized my selections.

Sweet 16
Kansas vs. Michigan St.
Ohio State vs. Georgetown
Syracuse vs. Butler
Kansas State vs. Pittsburgh
Kentucky vs. Cornell
West Virginia vs. New Mexico
Duke vs. Texas A&M
Villanova vs. Baylor

Elite Eight
Kansas vs. Georgetown
Syracuse vs. Kansas State
Kentucky vs. West Virginia
Baylor vs. Texas A&M

Final Four
Kansas vs. Kansas State
West Virgnia vs. Baylor

Championship
Kansas vs. West Virginia

Winner
Kansas

Feedback?

Picked some crazy upsets but !*%+ it
laugh.gif

Elite Eight
Kansas/G'Town
Cuse/KState
UK/WVU
L'Ville
nerd.gif
/Nova

Final Four
Kansas/Cuse
Kentucky/Nova

Kansas over Kentucky in the final

My most boring bracket ever. Have 3 1 seeds making it along with Baylor. SMH @ me.

Random tidbits:
I feel like too many people have Louisville winning over Cal. Saw it was like 80/20 on Yahoo.
I have thought that Siena over Purdue would happen since I first saw the line and I just can't go back on my initial choice after all this time, but I am second guessing it.
My weird team making the s16: Utah St. Not loving A&M. They seem like the hot pick to advance far.
Also have FSU over Zags. Mark Few teams are actually questionable in the tournament since they never focus on D.

Originally Posted by tmay407

I hope y'all are right with the Baylor vs. A&M Elite 8 matchup, Kiddin and Allen. That game would be crazy as hell. At least 6 technical fouls, guaranteed.
They gotta have Dash healthy... I think they can survive this weekend without him, but if he's not ready to give them minutes, they have no shot at Duke, even in Houston...

i wouldn't look @these games (TAMU, for example) like most oftheir big losses came on the road. i would look @them as coming awayfrom home. if a team can't win away from home, they're not going to dowell w/all these neutral court games.
beat Clemson and Minnesota on a neutral floor.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

It's really bothering me that everyone's brackets look the same. I figured Baylor would be a sleeper, nope..everyone has them. The Siena charm has washed away, and on they go..Old Dominion, UTEP, SDSU...like does anyone have New Mexico State in their 12/5 game? Haven't seen it yet.  
*raises hand*

trust me, my bracket doesn't look like anyone elses.

Ricardo Malta wrote:

Pitt is my sleeper.

i predict Oakland over Pitt will be the biggest upset of the 1st rd. Oakland has some BALLERS, that's why i have them in the sweet 16.

Anyone else not believe in WVU at ALL? Huggins always seems to disappoint since his Cincy days. Maybe I'm just pissed that I put them in the Elite 8 last year.

Back
Top Bottom