The Official 2010 NCAA March Madness Thread -- * Kentucky and Kansas State Fall *

Got my elite 8:

Kentucky
West Virginia
Duke
Villanova
Kansas
Georgetown
Syracuse
Kansas State

I'd have my Final Four set too but undecided on my Georgetown/Kansas matchup.

My Elite 8:

Kansas
Georgetown
Kentucky
West Virginia
Gonzaga
BYU
(that region is crazy... if West Va, OSU, or Nova were the 2 here, they'd be my final four team out of this one)
Duke
Baylor

Final 4:
Kansas
Gonzaga
West Virginia
Baylor

Kansas over West Va in the finals

Double digit seeds winning:

Cornell
Washington
Missouri
UTEP
Oakland
St. Mary's
Utah State (twice)

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

What's good with Jay Bilas hyping up Cornell? I haven't seen them play.

This is probably Cornell's best team since Steve Donahue came into the head coaching position 10 years ago. Team is stacked with three point shooters and they even have a 7 footer who might just be the most important person if Cornell plans on making a run (because we already know Wittman is going to perform). Dude's somewhat of a stiff but there aren't many 7 footers in CBB so Cornell needs to use that to their advantage.

I honestly could see them taking down Temple a possibly even Wisconsin but that's a long shot.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Am I the only one who has Houston over Maryland?

Imight even put them over Michigan State. They have no semblance of aninterior game, but there's just something about that backcourt thatscreams March run.
As I said, after seeing them inperson a couple weeks ago when they came to Tulane and we beat them, Ihave no idea how that team got in the tourney...

Coleman is good but that team was hot trash
theyonly made the tourney because they caught fire in the C-USAtournament... Houston is not a tourney team. they're probably justhappy to be in the tournament (particularly Penders, he saved his job),but they will likely get outmanned here. Coleman alone cannot carry them to a W bychucking. a couple years ago Maryland played Davidson in the firstround, Steph Curry dropped 30 but his team lost by double digits.

and lol at Houston's "backcourt" screaming for a tourney run.. whatabout Maryland's backcourt then? they have an All-American PG,led the ACC in 3pt%, and the Terps are one of the most efficientoffenses in the country. plus Gary Williams has won his last 9 firstround games. ya'll are trying too hard to pick upsets.
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by SuperOfficial

My Elite 8:

Kansas
Georgetown
Kentucky
West Virginia
Gonzaga
BYU
(that region is crazy... if West Va, OSU, or Nova were the 2 here, they'd be my final four team out of this one)
Duke
Baylor

Final 4:
Kansas
Gonzaga
West Virginia
Baylor

Kansas over West Va in the finals

Double digit seeds winning:

Cornell
Washington
Missouri
UTEP
Oakland
St. Mary's
Utah State (twice)
A lot of upsets man.  
eek.gif

If you are right you gonna get paid $$$$$$

^ I have them going down to Murry State. Them dudes out there can score non-stop
pimp.gif

My Sweet 16
Gotta Feeling it could really hold up pretty well

MidWest East
Kansas Kentucky
Michigan State Wisconsin
Georgetown Marquette
Ohio State West Virginia

West South
Syracuse Duke
Butler Siena
Pitt Notre Dame
Kstate Villanova

only 2 im unsure about is Wisconsin & BYU

^
Yup G'town is my dark horse to win it all (well actually, not really sure if they can be a 'dark horse' since they are a 3 seed but whatever
laugh.gif
)

Some double digits I have winning:

Oakland
Sienna
Murray State
Washington
G-Tech
San Diego State
Lehigh
eek.gif

J/K about Lehigh
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I HIT LICKS

terps
cuse
kentucky
nova

kentucky over terps in the finals.
I was wondering what the deal was...then I realized I had clicked on Block instead of Ignore User's Posts.

So lets get some real conversations started......I see all the #1, #2, #3's winning.....but the 4's worry me....purdue is just not the same team and we all know why...does Siena really have a shot at beating them???

I hear people saying Murray St is balanced (and I do think Vandy is horrible), but is Vandy REALLY THAT BAD?????
and Houston looks good!!!! Could they run on Maryland????

and we all know that at least one #12 beats a #5, who is the most likely....
Butler v UTEP
Texas A&M v Utah St
MSU v New Mex st
Temple v Cornell............I am leaning towards the Temple or Butler game.......

and a ton of hard picks in the 6 v 11, 7 v 10, 8 v 9............I made my NT picks but now I have 6 other brackets to fill out........lets get some real picks going....

I'm more worried about Murray State over UTEP and Butler, only because they can speed us up.

Vandy has no worries about scoring, they can score with the best of them. The ONLY times they struggled scoring is when they were outphysicaled (i.e Cincy, UK)

If Taylor comes to play, Vandy wins. No one on Murray State is stopping him from scoring around the hoop. Not saying he's even good or anything, but our 3 and 5 is where we have a distinct advantage.

Plus Ogilvy played so bad against Varnado, I don't see that happening again in consecutive games.

the A-10 and Mountain West are going to do damage. i have BYU and Temple in the final 4. i have a feeling that Jimmer Fredette is going to be the man of the tourney, like Curry was when he went on that run. Temple is just rock solid. the other teams will all make noise, too.

Kansas vs Ohio St in Midwest
Syracuse vs Kansas State in West
Kentucky vs Washington in East
Duke vs Villanova in South

Kansas vs Syracuse
Kentucky vs Washington

Kansas vs Washington

Washington

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Kansas vs Ohio St in Midwest
Syracuse vs Kansas State in West
Kentucky vs Washington in East
Duke vs Villanova in South

Kansas vs Syracuse
Kentucky vs Washington

Kansas vs Washington

Washington
Now THAT is a DAMN good bracket
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

i have no idea who to pick......probably wont fill out a bracket til wednesday. the 2 teams i probably have in the championship are 2 teams i hate. one of them i could see not making the final 4 and losing to a team that i like with a coach id love to see get there. do i go with my head or my heart?

what about syracuse? i really wanna know what the deal with arinze is

i wanna know why i see so many of these experts picking villanova in their final four. this isnt last year. i could see nova being beat by richmond......that team has a good backcourt. either way nova doesnt impress and i dont see them getting back to the final four this year.

i'm not falling for the cornell hype. jay bilas said they were going to the elite 8? temple is a good team and got underseeded. they could go far.

murray state can play, thats going to be a difficult team to deal with.

^

Yeah I agree with you man. Cornell is WAY too overhyped.... it's just getting out of hand with that elite eight pick. And yeah I have Richmond beating Nova. I'm not sure about Syracuse though... for some reason I just can't see them getting far into the tournament.

Back
Top Bottom