The Official 2009 New York Yankees vs. Minnesota Twins ALDS Thread (Yankees win series 3-0)

^ I agree with most of that. The Twins really didn't deserve to win this game. They had countless opportunities in crunch time and didn't get the jobdone. I think the whole foul ball/fair ball argument is a cop out only by Twins fans who want an excuse, but I'm not buying it.

However, I will say it's a shame that in game like this and considering what was going on (Top of 11 and the back to back singles after the foul call) thatthe umpire made a huge mistake like he did. In a game of this magnitude and with a call so obvious, that shouldn't happen.

I don't know what he was looking at, but it was clear as day. Even if by chance he didn't see the ball hit down in fair territory, you had to have seenthe ball hit his glove when he was still in fair grounds. Just a horrible mistake that shouldn't happen.

why did chip carey say "he's done it again" on a-rod's homerun? That was his first hr this postseason.

Originally Posted by Curious24

why did chip carey say "he's done it again" on a-rod's homerun? That was his first hr this postseason.

Chip Carey suuucckkkss my man. I was only able to watch the 9th inning on and he made COUNTLESS errors in his calls. The most two that annoyed me most was onthe foul call when it was so damn apparent to everyone except him and the ump that that ball was fair. No excuse as to why he didn't see that.

He also made another assumption based call by saying Mauer was rounding third and coming home on the third single of the inning by Cuddyer. That ball was hitway too shallow and I knew there was no way in heck that he was sent, but Carey got all rambunctious and totally made a erroneous and horrible call. He sucks.

However, I will say it's a shame that in game like this and considering what was going on (Top of 11 and the back to back singles after the foul call) that the umpire made a huge mistake like he did. In a game of this magnitude and with a call so obvious, that shouldn't happen.

The guy was 6 feet away looking right at the line....makes no damn sense to me.

Carey is the worst in the business, shame Ron has to pick up the slack a majority of the time.

Originally Posted by bkmac

I am getting picked up now, going out girl hunting tonight
grin.gif
pimp.gif

Let's go Yankees! I feel a walkoff....
I knew it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by Curious24

Chip Carey suuucckkkss my man. I was only able to watch the 9th inning on and he made COUNTLESS errors in his calls. The most two that annoyed me most was on the foul call when it was so damn apparent to everyone except him and the ump that that ball was fair. No excuse as to why he didn't see that.

He also made another assumption based call by saying Mauer was rounding third and coming home on the third single of the inning by Cuddyer. That ball was hit way too shallow and I knew there was no way in heck that he was sent, but Carey got all rambunctious and totally made a erroneous and horrible call. He sucks.
Chip Carey having another horrible series when put in the spotlight, as expected. Guy is terrible. How you gonna say Orlanda Cabrera played forthe Yankees AND Rays in the same statement. I wish Gary Cohen and Michael Kay weren't such homers so we could at least get to hear them a little more.

also I love Arod's swag everytime he hits a HR he knows is gone right off the bat. Immediate look to the dugout like
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wait does chip even watch baseball? I mean the most un informed fan knows that he never seen cabrera in a rays or yankee uniform, where does he pull this stufffrom? Wen I'm watching the game it feels as if ron darling is babysitting in the booth

Harry Caray >>>>>> Chip Caray imo

This is why I hate nationally televised baseball games. The announcers generally don't know what they are talking about and only base their opinions andtalking points based on other opinions and talking points.

Good thing we don't have @#$% Stockton doing our games; he's a decent football announcer but a HORRIBLE baseball announcer...any time he is on the mic,the over/under on how many names he gets wrong is at like 5.

I just want to say, I don't think the complaint from Twins fans on the botched call is an excuse. That's just frustration when you lose a tight game,and something out of your teams control happens to hurt your chances. One of those "what ifs" that fans can't help but think about and be upsetby when you lose such a big, tight game. It isn't an excuse though.

Kinda like when Yankees fans were upset about the gnat situation in Cleveland. It's not what lost you the game, but it's just one of those outsidefactors (human error/dirty !** Cleveland) that makes you so angry because it takes away from Team vs. Team, and adds an extra unexpected factor.

Also, I think Chip Caray meant A-Rod got another big hit in this years playoffs.

Dude is absolutely horrible, though.
laugh.gif

The problem with nationally televised games is that the people calling them haven't had the chance to follow the team all year, so they can only makeassumptions based on numbers.

This dude Caray is about as bad as it gets, though.

I cant believe last night one of the best games ever, best finishes ever and especially cause it was A-ROD. That was the biggest hit of A-ROD's career. Ivebeen his biggest supporter, never booing him and he needed this so bad. I am so happy for him. (The Kate Hudson cat must be something fierce) I wanna say thatHR made him a "real" Yankee for the fans standpoint but they prob want to see that in the WS

I love this seasons team, great chemistry, depth, and talent.
pimp.gif

Great win last night. I called that AROD home run last night too.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Dave u didn't have to quote every pic sir
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I sure as hell did cause i had an ear to ear smile looking at each one. Dude i lost my voice last night we were at a party in the townhouses at STJ during thegame and when AROD hit it i went insane and then Tex and then my voice was RIP and its RIP still

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

Twins are bad. Cant finish games.
Seriously.

I feel bad for them since the ump called that leadoff double a FOUL ball...jesus.
eek.gif

Bad calls all night both ways. The umps killed our turns when we had men on base with ridiculous strike 3 calls. Feel bad for them that they can't score1 god damn run with the bases loaded and nobody out. Or feel bad that Joe Nathan has proven ONCE AGAIN that he cannot pitch in the division series. Hechokes.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by DubA169

whatever kate hudson is doing to arod in the bedroom......

keep that +%*% up A-Rod needs to thank Tex for taking the pressure off him.

Yup. But he helped himself get some pressure off with big hits in both games.

BTW, if Justin Morneau is in this series it's a different series. Caught a break with that.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

However, I will say it's a shame that in game like this and considering what was going on (Top of 11 and the back to back singles after the foul call) that the umpire made a huge mistake like he did. In a game of this magnitude and with a call so obvious, that shouldn't happen.

I don't know what he was looking at, but it was clear as day. Even if by chance he didn't see the ball hit down in fair territory, you had to have seen the ball hit his glove when he was still in fair grounds. Just a horrible mistake that shouldn't happen.

That I could definitely agree with, it sucks to have a game this great have such a controversial call tossed in there. The only way I could see that he couldhave called it foul is maybe because it was so close to the line and he didn't see any chalk so he thought it dropped foul? I don't know, just tryingto see what he might have seen.

Great game and a great finish. And I'm glad that the Twins fans in here aren't using that foul ball as an excuse. You know damn well if that happenedto us, half of us would still be in bed
laugh.gif

JPZ, nnarum, Paul whoever I'm forgetting
pimp.gif
you guys will have anothercrack next year if you end up losing this series.

This series isnt exciting to me, though. My man Morneau isnt even playing. Thats like taking Tex oit of the lineup. The same way Arod Has Tex to pick up slackfor him was the same way Maur had Morneau do the same. Ill wait for the Angels to see a real series.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I sure as hell did cause i had an ear to ear smile looking at each one. Dude i lost my voice last night we were at a party in the townhouses at STJ during the game and when AROD hit it i went insane and then Tex and then my voice was RIP and its RIP still
roll.gif
I was in Taffner after playing ball watching.... I was wondering wherethe hell u were.

Back
Top Bottom