The Official 2009 New York Yankees vs. Minnesota Twins ALDS Thread (Yankees win series 3-0)

yo how much are yankee tickets going for? (decent seats)

dam new stadium and its high prices
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

yo how much are yankee tickets going for? (decent seats)

dam new stadium and its high prices
smh.gif
My friend got seats for 450, he was sitting like 8 rows back from the yankees dugout and that was only cause he had a hookup.

Wasn't able to watch most of the game....I was out.

We deserve to lose this series. That's it. I'm ecstatic we're even here right now, playing against the Yankees in the postseason, and to be honestI'm satisfied with just that, a playoff birth. When you consider what we've had to endure throughout the season with key injuries and bad play bycertian players we were supposed to be depending on, I have to say this has been a successful season.

I will be in attendance when we fold on Sunday. There's no possible way we gather the courage and the will to win another game after this.

Thinking about the chances we had...
-Tolbert singling to right, Delmon Young on his way home and Gomez is tagged out before Delmon can touch the plate.
-Having a two-run lead in the bottom of the 9th inning and choking it away.
-Loading the bases in the Top of the 11th inning with no outs and coming away with ZERO runs.

It's just not in the cards for us. We had about a million chances to win this game and we just couldn't and didn't take advantage. Plain andsimple.

Was watching the game at Stout. Place went nuts when A-Rod hit his HR and again when Tex hit his.
pimp.gif

They put on Sinatra on full blast right after the win
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

umps gave them that game. that mauer hit in the 11th was clearly a double. its ridiculous

As much as I agree with that...A lot...And considering how much that play raised my blood pressure, I'd have to say that yes, it sucked. However, just fromthe 9th inning on, Nathan who is one of the best closers in the game in the past few years blows a two run lead, and more painstakingly look horrible byblowing a bases loaded 0 out situation.

That's little league right there and you got two Professionals swinging at the first pitch on back to back at bats. THAT is what kills me.

I just got home. I followed the game throughout on my phone. A-Rod and Texeira
pimp.gif
Awesome game, I told you we would win on a walkoff!

Im sorry but it still shocks me that the twins came up with ZERO runs in the 11th..twins gunna win on sunday, though. Carl pavano has always handled his formerteam. If anything, yanks wont score until the 8th or 9th inning...go yankees

This year's Yankees team has that special vibe to it. I would almost compare it to the 1996 team. They have that team unity that (to be honest) Ihaven't really seen these last few years. They seem focused and destined to do something big this October. (I'm not going to say it because I don't want to jinx it
laugh.gif
)

That was a horrible call, but when you're up e in the bottom of the 9th with the second best closer on the mound you can't lose. Then you get the basesloaded with no outs and can't score one run.

And it's not realistic to assume that Mauer would have scored from second. Pitchers pitch completely different in different situations, so who knows whathappens there.

Just consider that call payback for the high and away piches that the ump was calling against us all night.
laugh.gif

I'm pissed that I was out (with some dizzy @$*@% too) and missed the A-Rod bomb.
smh.gif

Ya'll know I woulda been in here going just as crazy as the rest of you.
laugh.gif

And
indifferent.gif
@ Teix for stealing A-Rod's thunder by hitting the game-winner. Ya'll know damn well Alex was gonna win the game with his own homer.
laugh.gif

Ok, time to go read through some of this thread.

8a4488889aac88f5d6273a5cb6fbe508-getty-91540233mh128_minnesota_twi.jpg

22b2edf9a59e95249cfb084a4c9615b2-getty-91540233mh139_minnesota_twi.jpg

ef9b055549adef9d0def8b2b16d9e343-getty-91540233mh127_minnesota_twi.jpg

aebdb1856c14c4688358fafcf6252597-getty-91540233mh143_minnesota_twi.jpg

abfbb0f0672502889aa70cb9d0982a3b-getty-91540233mh126_minnesota_twi.jpg

laugh.gif
@ Girardi and the ump making sure Teix hit home plate.

a8a36930a4a3c12084c102369a4a380d-getty-91540233mh129_minnesota_twi.jpg

00a736890d000300e389386bbabc287c-getty-91540233mh124_minnesota_twi.jpg

01164e3d33c9540a7fb4aaf90e06cf9c-getty-91540233mh131_minnesota_twi.jpg

3f26278d9304b05e13b765e852a03fba-getty-91540233mh132_minnesota_twi.jpg

And yeah, Twin fans definitely have a reason to be tight... The missed call doesn't mean they would have necessarily won though. But I hear whereGardenhire is coming from.

116a2926b6807da747ea2315fe8a800f-getty-91540233mh135_minnesota_twi.jpg

Originally Posted by jrp44

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

You guys aren't a little worried about tex goin 0-4 last night?
grin.gif
Hit hit the ball hard a few times....he will be alright
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Steadfast men. Tonight we dine on pie!!!
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I love when A-Rod hits a game tying or game winning HR. Dude always looks at the dugout like "yup, that's right".
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

*Resurrects from the dead*

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Yo..........if A-Rod wins the game in the bottom of this inning, I will stanky leg until injury.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

IT WASNT A-ROD BUT I'LL STILL DO IT

*STANKY LEGS TO A PULLED HAMSTRING*

THIS IS WHY THE YANKEES > YOUR TEAM, %*%##!

BANG!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

*DOES THE STANKY LEG ON A TWINS CAP.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by sole vintage

24exboi.jpg
It ain't over till someone gets cream pie

wooooooo
pimp.gif

roll.gif

Funny %+% thread.
laugh.gif

Yankees are going to win tomorrow....They have so much momentum it's ridiculous

pimp.gif
wasn't able to get on last night, but that game was crazy

I just hope we beat the %$%! out of Pavano EARLY

what would happen if tex didn't touch home plate? Run wouldn't count and he would be called out for running out of the baseline or something?

On the mauer "ground rule double", mauer eventually got a single on the next pitch then also kubel which put him into scoring position. After thatcuddyer also hit a single up the middle which mauer DID NOT score from 2nd base. At the end of the day the twins had the bags full and 0 outs and didn'tscore a run my point is that with him being on second with a double and 0 outs does not definitly score a run, and him being on 3rd with 0 outs doesn'tguarantee a run either. With them coming up empty in the inning and taking the L it was real easy for everyone to point fingers at the line ump and not thefacts. If u don't score any runs with the bases loaded and 0 outs u don't deserve to win that game in my opinion. (Flame suit on)

No flame suit needed.

Twinkies had bases loaded, no outs, and 3 at-bats to drive in a run.

That's the bottom line.

I've seen the Mets do it enough times this year (bases loaded, no outs) and we had no one to blame but the next 3 batters that stepped to the plate.

Back
Top Bottom