*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

I might as well not go to class tomorrow I can only concentrate on the game

The NBA finals are back, looks like people are actually paying attention this year. Tired of seeing boring played out teams like the spurs, pistons, etc.

^ Played out? What is this...retro jerseys and fitted caps fashion? Clearly the prior years, those team reigned the L.....

man i got jury duty. They better not be keeping me late. I ratter get a warrant then miss a game, just playing. But damn...why now? lol

I am so sure that the finals trophy got the celtics name on it already that if they dont win the title i will never post in the sports forum ever again...
power-of-prayer-11_L.jpg

Lakers should come out with the old style jerseys (Celtics still the same after all these years.
laugh.gif
) and both teams with the short shorts for old times.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

lakers win the series in 6 AT THE MOST.. i can see the sweep.. but i just have a feeling they will finish it at home in 5.. Kobe is THAT dude! he can't bestopped.. he is hungrier than the entire Celtics team.. if you can believe that.. Lakers have a BETTER and DEEPER supporting cast and can create mismatchesbetter than the Celtics can.. the veteran Derek Fisher with stifle Rajon Rondo.. and Lamar Odom is going to run that fat boy, Kendrick Perkins, to DEATH. itsthe Lakers time again.. and im lookin for another 3 peat!

Dear Boston,
Please beat the Los Angeles Lakers. Thank you.

Sincerely,
A DIEHARD Laker HATER

Lakers are going to get blown out in this game.

Defense, folks. That's why the Celtics are going to win this series. They will smother the Lakers.

103-88

Pains me to say it, but the Celtics are too efficient on offense and too tough on defense. The Lakers can't rely on their defense to win 4 out 7 games.

ohwell.gif
@ losing to a team with Ray Allen on it.

are YOU KIDDING ME!! lakers cant rely on defense.. the last series they averaged under 90 points a game! and still won the series in 5 games! the are the bestoffensive team in the playoffs.. the celtics had what.. 2 or 3 games against the LAME #*+ Cavs where they didint even score more that 80!!! get outta here withall these lies.. get an education.. in the NBA

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

Defense, folks. That's why the Celtics are going to win this series. They will smother the Lakers.

103-88

Pains me to say it, but the Celtics are too efficient on offense and too tough on defense. The Lakers can't rely on their defense to win 4 out 7 games.

ohwell.gif

go root for the knicks.

oh wait...

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

103-88

ohwell.gif

go root for the knicks.

oh wait...

this guy knows what he is talkin bout! GO LAL! Kobe for Season MVP and Finals MVP!
happy.gif

PS. Celtics wont score more than 100 all series..

Originally Posted by BoilerUp1987

are YOU KIDDING ME!! lakers cant rely on defense.. the last series they averaged under 90 points a game! and still won the series in 5 games! the are the best offensive team in the playoffs.. the celtics had what.. 2 or 3 games against the LAME #*+ Cavs where they didint even score more that 80!!! get outta here with all these lies.. get an education.. in the NBA
Uh, they made the Spurs a perimeter shooting team. I've never seen so many missed open looks. That won't work vs. the Celtics. They have better shooters, they have more depth in the post. Kendrick Perkins dropped 18 one game for christ sake. They have a lot ofguys who can make you pay.
You obviously have no knowledge of sport if you're comparing the Cavs and the Lakers, two totally different styles, and basing the outcome from that.

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

103-88

ohwell.gif

go root for the knicks.

oh wait...

Doggie, you're 21 years old with a James Worthy avatar. You didn't watch him play, doggie.

I *DID* though. Can you dig that?

C's so good on D it took 7 games to knock out an 8 seed and then they say they can beat la...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by BoilerUp1987

are YOU KIDDING ME!! lakers cant rely on defense.. the last series they averaged under 90 points a game! and still won the series in 5 games! the are the best offensive team in the playoffs.. the celtics had what.. 2 or 3 games against the LAME #*+ Cavs where they didint even score more that 80!!! get outta here with all these lies.. get an education.. in the NBA
Uh, they made the Spurs a perimeter shooting team. I've never seen so many missed open looks. That won't work vs. the Celtics. They have better shooters, they have more depth in the post. Kendrick Perkins dropped 18 one game for christ sake. They have a lot of guys who can make you pay.
You obviously have no knowledge of sport if you're comparing the Cavs and the Lakers, two totally different styles, and basing the outcome from that.

OK.. Rajon Rondo = Tony Parker-esk.. hmm o yea.. an even worse perimeter shooter..

my comparison of the Cavs to the Lakers.. K you just proved my point.. they could barely score on the Cavs... Cavs = Bad... Lakers = better.. on offense(obviously aka #1 offense) and more competent defensively good team D

Kendrick Perkins.. Sheed is out on the perimeter cause KG wont go in the paint.. Snags a few Offensive boards.. dunks the ball.. that'll add up..

Celtics offense = most inconsistent for a #1 seed EVER.. Lakers offense = most consistent and #1 offense...

Celtics defense = biggest turn-around from regular season to post season ive ever witnessed.. Lakers defense = only gotten better as the playoffs havedeepened...

Celtics Team = not nearly as good as they were in the regular season... Lakers Team = still improving, gaining confidence, still YOUNG, 2008 NBA WorldChampions.
Nearly forgot... Lakers Team = very well rested.. havent had to play the NEAR maximum amount of games to reach the finals

Back
Top Bottom