*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

laugh.gif
�at steve trash being mentioned as the one MVP who hasnt made it to thechampionship�series...why are the Lakers favored?...arent we the underdogs?...boston shouLd be the favorites because they have homecourt...smh at everyonesaying the c's are the underdogs(best record in the NBA)...GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!...so nervous i hope we can do it Lakers!!!!!!!1

^^ lol that was funny how are you not only the only MVP to not play in the finals but a 2 time MVP!!!!!

mann im so anxious for tomorrow to start.... if we can stem the initial run and get KG of PP in foul trouble early...we can steal game 1
Lets Go Lakers!!

caLiwestcoast1 wrote:
Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

laugh.gif
�at steve trash being mentioned as the one MVP who hasnt made it to the championship�series...why are the Lakers favored?...arent we the underdogs?...boston shouLd be the favorites because they have homecourt...smh at everyone saying the c's are the underdogs(best record in the NBA)...GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!...so nervous i hope we can do it Lakers!!!!!!!1

�its all to make the celtic championship look more special... its all a front so they can go " oh wow what a special story these celtics were winningthe title as underdogs, nobody thought they could! nba its fantastic guys! whoopty woo!"

I am so sure that the finals trophy got the celtics name on it already that if they dont win the title i will never post in the sports forum ever again...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

I am so sure that the finals trophy got the celtics name on it already that if they dont win the title i will never post in the sports forum ever again...

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I am so sure that everyone that makes these NT exit statements always has a backup NT account waiting to be used.

more trailers...�
laugh.gif

Dark Knight trailer Kobe Batman Bryant + Kevin Joker Garnett

The closer we get to game time the more I think Boston has more to offer than what they have shown. They are really a tricky team to figure out because of theway they played during the reg. season and the way they have played so far in the playoffs. Have they peaked? Are they saving it up for the finals? I thinkthis is going to be the best Finals in a while. I hope the Lakeshow is not sleeping on Boston. I hear all this talk about putting Rad and Walton on Pierce, Ireally hope they don't stick with that all game, I think Ariza matches up better and can do more to stop Pierce than those other two can. I don't thinkit would be wise to put Kobe on him because if the refs are going to keep calling the way they have so far Kobe can get into early foul trouble.

I think the match-ups on both ends are almost equal with the exception of Kobe and there being no answer for him, so I am thinking that will give the edge tothe Lakers. KG will be a tough guy to handle but if the Lakers can lock down on the others KG can get his.

Look for the defensive rotation when KG gets the ball in the post, if the Lakers double and Ray or Posey get wide open looks then we will be on for a longseries. I hope they don't double on any guy, they don't really need to. If the Lakers can push the ball and get transition baskets they will be lookinggood, if not the scores will be in the 90's again. The Lakers have shown they can play that way and they have shown no lead is insurmountable.

Bottom line I think the Lakers have two advantages, Kobe and Phil. We have already played against two of the best coaches in the league, Pop and Sloan, Doc hasnot shown he has what it takes. In the Playoffs and Finals a good coach definitely makes a difference.

I am ready for this to get underway already.

GO LAKESHOW!!!!!!

Originally Posted by dyyhard

more trailers...�
laugh.gif

Dark Knight trailer Kobe Batman Bryant + Kevin Joker Garnett

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ KG and the Comish. That was pretty good though.

They are really a tricky team to figure out because of the way they played during the reg. season and the way they have played so far in the playoffs. Have they peaked? Are they saving it up for the finals?
they finished off the regular season strong and then slumped in the first 2 series in the playoffs. had to refine themselves and establish theirplayoff identity. ray allen needed to get back on track. but consider, starting with Game 7 vs. Cleveland, they've played 7 games since that point (1 vs.cleveland and the 6 vs. detroit and have only played 1 bad game which was the blowout loss to detroit in game 4)... so they may be starting to peak. as for thelakers, they;ve been playing at a high level for the past 15 games or so, have they peaked?

Man i cant wait till tomorrows game. Havent been this excited in a longg time. and wow already at pg 22 and gm 1 starts tomorrow.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I am so sure that everyone that makes these NT exit statements always has a backup NT account waiting to be used.
no this is my only one.... my big sloppy panda name has kicked the bucket
frown.gif

I'm so hyped for this game. Been thinking about it constantly since last Friday. It should be interesting to see how the matchups will play out, how thetempo of the game will be determine, how the coaches manage their rotations and whether or not they make adjustments, and finally how the stars, x factors, androle players play. Should be a great series, and I think it is imperative for the Lakers to steal this first one on the road. 20 1/2 hours away from tip off.

LET'S GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

tip-off is today....finally, i was getting so impatient i started watching hockey and auto-racing......

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

no this is my only one.... my big sloppy panda name has kicked the bucket
frown.gif

What happened to SuperNobleKane?

The wait for this is terrible.

I got an email from "David Stern" (probably facebook), saying how great the season is.

I replied, telling him to F off and quit screwing with the leauge.
laugh.gif

But the wait for this game is terrible. Should have started damn near a week ago.

Back
Top Bottom