*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Originally Posted by u ttocs

I don't understand why the Lakers are such heavy favorites. They don't have homecourt advantage, period. I have a funny feeling this might be 2004 all over again. The Lakers have a lot of inexperienced players to just go on the road in the finals and get wins.

karl malone's injury changed that series

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Who cares about the past matchups, these are two totally different teams from what were seen in the regular season, and the Kobe that played in those games vs. Pierce is another person now, he has evolved, transformed if you will and is THIRSTY, STARVING for a championship, and I just believe in my heart of hearts that he WON'T be denied. The Black Mamba will show no regard for Blood34, KG's lack of a title, or his supposed feud w/ Ray; Mamba NEEDS this for his legacy, even though he won't publicly say it, he does.

f1f25804a0af54ed6f457cf3014036a3928e8e1.bmp

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

Who cares about the past matchups, these are two totally different teams from what were seen in the regular season, and the Kobe that played in those games vs. Pierce is another person now, he has evolved, transformed if you will and is THIRSTY, STARVING for a championship, and I just believe in my heart of hearts that he WON'T be denied. The Black Mamba will show no regard for Blood34, KG's lack of a title, or his supposed feud w/ Ray; Mamba NEEDS this for his legacy, even though he won't publicly say it, he does.

laugh.gif
Are you his publicist or something?

Vic the Brick Jacobs?

0D3E335514D88A25B0B590.jpg

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Nah, I'm not his publicist, I was just paraphrasing the article Scoop wrote on Kobe about him fiending for a ring, which I share similarsentiments. That to me will be the single greatest factor in this series, I really don't think anyone on God's green Earth is gonna stop him fromgetting it.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Nah, I'm not his publicist, I was just paraphrasing the article Scoop wrote on Kobe about him fiending for a ring, which I share similar sentiments. That to me will be the single greatest factor in this series, I really don't think anyone on God's green Earth is gonna stop him from getting it.

laugh.gif
he has like 3.

Originally Posted by Rhymefest

What's stopping a Cowboys Celtics .vs. Patriots Lakers Super Bowl Finals?

(Info Coming)

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

Lakers and Celtics are the two BEST teams.

Prediction = Lakers take series

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

laugh.gif
Are you his publicist or something?

Vic the Brick Jacobs?

0D3E335514D88A25B0B590.jpg

Seriously, I honestly could imagine VTB saying that.

Only thing missing is the haiku.
laugh.gif

who does he think he is, Michael Jordan?

Originally Posted by jeff415finest

I don't understand why the Lakers are such heavy favorites. They don't have homecourt advantage, period. I have a funny feeling this might be 2004 all over again. The Lakers have a lot of inexperienced players to just go on the road in the finals and get wins.

Keep telling yourself that
laugh.gif

--1 more day people!!
--Put Sasha on Ray Ray...if Sasha can slow down/stop Ginobli he can definitely bother and get under the skin of Ray...hahahaha...cuz if Ray's shot is offlike it was in the majority of the playoffs..you can call it Big 2 instead of Big 3.
--GO LAKERS!!!

I wanna see them old heads on the C's get a ring, but I honestly don't think there's any stopping Kobe.

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Originally Posted by jeff415finest

Keep telling yourself that
laugh.gif
He's actually right ya know. I'm not saying Detroit wouldn't have still won or anything, but the Malone injury, as well as the HoraceGrant injury left us with no PF to guard Sheed. Just sayin.

20 pages!??
eek.gif

I would like to contribute something to the discussion but it seems like everythings been covered already.
eyes.gif

Ill contribute a lil later...for now, Lakers in 4.
laugh.gif

I Kid, I kid... Lakers in 5.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Go Lake Show
smile.gif

The key to the Finals is the Lakers slowing down and making Paul Pierce work hard at both ends of the court.If Radmanvoic can make him have a couple offshooting nights and make Paul Pierce pay by hitting open 3's when he decides to help Ray Allen guard Kobe on defense.I also look for Phil Jackson to useTrevor Ariza a lot more to help D up Paul Pierce.

If the Lakers close out and win the championship in game 6 @ Boston.

Phil Jackson should light up a cigar on the floor during the championship trophy presentation. So that he can stick it to Red Auberach and the Celtics for allthose times Red use to light a cigar after the Celtics won all of their championships in the past.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

laugh.gif
why was this post allowed to be made so early? 500 posts before the game even starts accomplishes what exactly.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

since we still have a couple days before the game i thought i would post some entertaining yet sad news....

i was watching tv today and a commercial caught my eye...

Larry Bird has reached an all time low

shoe is made by SKETCHERS
roll.gif
yup bird now joins the mighty likes of rick fox as athletes who have endorsed sketchers
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by doyung9

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

yes he is

of this generation

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

If the Lakers close out and win the championship in game 6 @ Boston.

Phil Jackson should light up a cigar on the floor during the championship trophy presentation. So that he can stick it to Red Auberach and the Celtics for all those times Red use to light a cigar after the Celtics won all of their championships in the past.

I would hope that Phil would be a little more low key then that. Red is gone now and it's not right to be dancing on someone's grave like that.

We all know Phil and Red didn't like each other, but I don't think Phil would do or say anything bad about him now. I would be shocked if Phil saideven one bad word about Red at this point.

Back
Top Bottom