*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

Celtics in 5
Sincerely, a Laker fan since the last time these two teams met in the Finals
ohwell.gif

Lakers aren't ready this year w/o Bynum.

WTH?

At this clown.

Since Ska is superstitious about posting in game threads, I'll take pleasure in roasting your bandwagon behind. You go on suicide watch during the 06playoffs and emerge as a Knick fan the following season. Next thing you know you've got kibbles and bits trying to get on the gravy train during theplayoffs, and now you're picking the Celtics. No wonder why your user name is backwards. You're fanhood is backwards just as well.

Don't think I forgot about the little edit you made in my post in that Mexico vs. Argentina game thread either. Trying to make it look like I'mracist towards Mexicans.
smh.gif

There's one thing I noticed, that I just can't understand. Why are people discrediting the regular season, and then in the same breath say thatCleveland and Atlanta took us to 7 so that means we'll lose? Do the Lakers get 15 point head start because we went 7 with atl? No. So it shouldn'tmatter. All you need to do is look at how the teams CAN play. And Boston showed they DO play well whenever they are tested. But none of that really matters,we'll just see how it plays out.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

There's one thing I noticed, that I just can't understand. Why are people discrediting the regular season, and then in the same breath say that Cleveland and Atlanta took us to 7 so that means we'll lose? Do the Lakers get 15 point head start because we went 7 with atl? No. So it shouldn't matter. All you need to do is look at how the teams CAN play. And Boston showed they DO play well whenever they are tested. But none of that really matters, we'll just see how it plays out.
smile.gif

Can't speak for everybody but it may have to do with the miles from the 7 gamers. 20 hard fought playoff games = more wear and tear then 15 hardfought playoff games. Maybe that's what some are saying, I dunno. I don't even know what effect that might have, people just analyzing every detailto the nth degree I suppose. I'm probably one of em.
laugh.gif

But I do agree, let's see how it plays out, I'm tired of this super bowl week type hype.
frown.gif

GAMEDAY BABY.
Finally, sheesh.

Look out for that new Magic/Bird "There can only be one." commercial..

n1041540263_30075046_3729.jpg

aka The official Stoneface of the NBA Finals.

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

There's one thing I noticed, that I just can't understand. Why are people discrediting the regular season, and then in the same breath say that Cleveland and Atlanta took us to 7 so that means we'll lose? Do the Lakers get 15 point head start because we went 7 with atl? No. So it shouldn't matter. All you need to do is look at how the teams CAN play. And Boston showed they DO play well whenever they are tested. But none of that really matters, we'll just see how it plays out.
smile.gif

ok. i dont think anyone is discrediting the regular season.. i think people are just pointing out how much your team has struggled after being one of themost dominant teams in the regular season in RECENT history.. having so many struggles on the road.. they showed some sort of life agaisnt Detroit, but thestruggles they have shown on the road all playoffs long does not bode well for Boston.. especially with the caliber of team they are playing in the Lakers..The Lakers are not the Baby Hawks or the Cleveland LeBron-iers who somehow stretched the series to 7 games.. they had a memorable regular season.. but theseplayoffs have been a bit UNDER-whelming!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
Finally, the day has come. Time for the Celtics to A: Show the nation that they're one of the best teams in NBA history and B: Expose these frauds that we call the Los Angeles Lakers and their fake as MVP. Quite frankly i dont see whats the hype about on this series, the Celtics easily are the better team by a large margin, and i fully expect them to show why starting today and throughout this series. They have the best defense in the entire league and they have three Hall of Famers who can explode for points on any given night while the Lakers have one ball hog and a bunch of overrated frauds on their team. This could be worse than last years finals honestly.

Me personally i'll be surprised if this series went past 5 games to be honest, a sweep isn't out of the question either. But as far as game 1, i fully expect Pierce to come out blazing, hitting from anywhere and everywhere often and the rest of the team will follow suit. With the Celtics playing possessed and the rowdy crowd behind them, i can see this game being over by the middle of the second quarter as the Lakers wilt to the pressure while the Celtics along with pierce keep raining shot after shot after shot.

I wouldn't be surprised if pierce had over 35 in this one. Him and KG easily will be the best players in this series with Ray Allen being third. All signs point towards a Celtics rout. Lakers 86 Celtics 119 Pierce and Allen with 37 points a piece, KG with 22 boards.

bit of a bold prediction.. Ray Allen wont score more than 25 in a game all series.. Lakers in 5.. we steal game 1 and since we get 3 in a row at home.. Wefinish it all off right in front of Jack!

Lakers are going to get blown out in this game.

Defense, folks. That's why the Celtics are going to win this series. They will smother the Lakers.

103-88

Pains me to say it, but the Celtics are too efficient on offense and too tough on defense. The Lakers can't rely on their defense to win 4 out 7 games.

ohwell.gif
@ losing to a team with Ray Allen on it.

alot of you guys be hating on this man for a long time but he speaks the truth. hes been repping the lakers on this board before you all even found the urlwww.niketalk.com

it will take a MIRACLE for the lakers to beat the celtics. apparently me and laker 4 life are the only people on the planet that has a brain. Its still MINDBOGGLING how every person/analyst/reporter/former player is picking the lakers. Like we just didnt go through a whole season as being one of the worstdefensive teams?

I'm sorry but did we forget about that?

Jack paid 35 grand per seat for Game 1 tix!!!

And there's no way the Lakers win 3 in a row at home. Sorry.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Defense, folks. That's why the Celtics are going to win this series. They will smother the Lakers.

103-88

Pains me to say it, but the Celtics are too efficient on offense and too tough on defense. The Lakers can't rely on their defense to win 4 out 7 games.

ohwell.gif

alot of you guys be hating on this man for a long time but he speaks the truth. hes been repping the lakers on this board before you all even found the url www.niketalk.com

it will take a MIRACLE for the lakers to beat the celtics. apparently me and laker 4 life are the only people on the planet that has a brain. Its still MIND BOGGLING how every person/analyst/reporter/former player is picking the lakers. Like we just didnt go through a whole season as being one of the worst defensive teams?

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
BRING IT

Originally Posted by YO allstar

103-88

ohwell.gif

alot of you guys be hating on this man for a long time but he speaks the truth. hes been repping the lakers on this board before you all even found the url www.niketalk.com

it will take a MIRACLE for the lakers to beat the celtics. apparently me and laker 4 life are the only people on the planet that has a brain. Its still MIND BOGGLING how every person/analyst/reporter/former player is picking the lakers. Like we just didnt go through a whole season as being one of the worst defensive teams?

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
BRING IT
the hell?
roll.gif

ITS ALREADY BEEN BROUGHT
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

I am so sure that the finals trophy got the celtics name on it already that if they dont win the title i will never post in the sports forum ever again...
power-of-prayer-11_L.jpg

ive changed my mind. i wont post in the sports forum for 6 months
tongue.gif

i had my doubts too

Vs. Denver - i thought we wont be able to stop Melo and AI , rebounding

vs. Utah- Best Home team/ Deron/ Boozer abusing our soft Euro inside

vs. Spurs - Defending champs..battle tested savvy veteran team vs a young team

look at what we did to get here though...
wink.gif

EFIL and Kane....

How can you count out your "favorite team", and not give them a chance.
I mean it's one thing to say, "it's gonna be a tough series" But to say, "Celtics are going to embarrass the Lakers, or Lakers haveno chance"

Come on now.

That's why they play the game, if it was all about the match-ups, season records, etc... Then why even bother to watch the games then.

The streets of LA are going to be a GHOST TOWN tonight
laugh.gif

Lakers better beat boston no way in hell i want to see them 3 frauds win a title

Its about damn time its gameday. This rediculous, to wait a week to START a seven game series.

smh.gif
at stern

103-88

ohwell.gif

Come on Kane.

We're not saying we're going to go into the Finals and just steam roll through Boston. Hell naw.

It's just that bandwagon4life over there was reppin' the Knicks after his 06 playoff suicide watch, then he slowly tried to fly under the radarreppin' the Lakers again, and now he's callin' the Celtics. Granted he's being objective, if he's choosing to remain a fan this timearound, by picking the Celts, but I'm sure that the Knicks are always gonna be there waiting for him with open arms if we do get ousted.

103-88

ohwell.gif

What the F??? Yo man, have a fun time at people's expense, tell some jokes, make some predictions, tease some folk, what the hell ever. But whatkind of nonsense is "it will take a MIRACLE for the lakers to beat the celtics."???

I mean really, it will take a miracle for a team with the best player playing and a coach with 9 rings to beat a bunch ofguys who've never won jack sh*^ their whole damn life? A miracle?

How about it will be tough, and it may take a lotta hard work?

Come on, the damn series could go either way, period. Maybe they beat us, maybe they don't. But it doesn't take a miracle to beat a team full of nonwinners.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

Lets discuss the other player that we got from the Kwame trade.

Lamar

Huh?
grin.gif

he's talking about the transformation that lamar has had since we acquired pau.

lamar has been beasting and i expect him to do so against perkins.

laugh.gif
@ the lakers needing a miracle to win.
roll.gif

its not going to be easy for the lakers , but to say we need a miracle?
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom