*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

I feel like right before you get on a roller coaster
smh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

smh.gif
sick.gif

why, i thought you were looking forward to next year
grin.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

smh.gif
sick.gif

Relax bro.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Go get some In-N-Out before the game.
Because if your freaking out leads to anymore outlandish comments like you did after Game 3 of the WCF, I don'twant to get on you for that too.
laugh.gif

But don't take it personal, I'm just giving you grief all in good fun.

good looks dummy, looks like it's gonna be a whiteout in Boston, i think on ESPN, they said they are the NBA sanctioned "Beat LA" shirts
smh.gif
, butit's whatever
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Nice pic.

This should have been a Game 1 PREVIEW post, since there was the big gap between the last CF game and the first Finals game....*$*! is 27pages and the game hasn't started yet.
laugh.gif

KG plays like a man on offense, C's win tonight...

If he shoots jumpers all night...Lakers got this....

I think #2 happens.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]You call this a bet?http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2008/06/you-call-this-a.html[/h1]
2:45 PM, June 5, 2008

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2008/06/you-call-this-a.html
The upcoming Lakers-Celtics duel has already sparked one of the first tongue-and-cheek bets by civic leaders. Here's what L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa proposed this afternoon to his Boston counterpart, Thomas Menino:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2008/06/you-call-this-a.html
"If the Celtics win, we will send you the best professional football team L.A. has to offer: The Arena League's Los Angeles Avengers. If the Lakers win, we get the Patriots."

I think we can safely wager that Mayor Menino will pass on this bet.

-- Jesus Sanchez, with thanks to the Times' Joel Rubin.

laugh.gif
I'm trying to kill the last 1.5hrs

7edd34651ccc3c280369d182ae858904-getty-80398141cc008_nba_finals_ga.jpg

Ray 1st one in the building??
nerd.gif

6b4bfaa1b26be5d6d30db7dfb6c33852-getty-80398141cc009_nba_finals_ga.jpg

BOSTON - JUNE 05: A t-shirt which reads "Gotta Beat LA" is seen on the back of a seat in the arena prior to Game One of the 2008 NBA Finals betweenthe Boston Celtics and the Los Angeles Lakers on June 5, 2008 at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledgesand agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. MandatoryCopyright: 2008 NBAE (Photo by Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE/Getty Images)

I'm so pissed I'm not going.... I should have shelled out for the half season tickets to get a first dibs opportunity at tickets...
frown.gif

dd79065432543c51c6fe6d34a9d8ebde-getty-80398141cc022_nba_finals_ga.jpg

BOSTON - JUNE 05: The Jersey for Kobe Bryant #24 of the Los Angeles Lakers is seen in their locker room prior to Game One of the 2008 NBA Finals against theBoston Celtics against the Los Angeles Lakers on June 5, 2008 at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledgesand agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License

3a2f4d4b5c5bf286eafa64adae0be87c-getty-80398141cc021_nba_finals_ga.jpg

BOSTON - JUNE 05: Los Angeles Lakers jerseys are seen in their locker prior to Game One of the 2008 NBA Finals against the Boston Celtics against the LosAngeles Lakers on June 5, 2008 at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloadingand or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. Mandatory Copyright: 2008 NBAE (Photo byNathaniel S. Butler/NBAE/Getty Images)

816af52773b34385950a183fbfbecc83-getty-80398141cc020_nba_finals_ga.jpg

BOSTON - JUNE 05: Head coach Phil Jackson (R) of the Los Angeles Lakers arrives at the arena for Game One of the 2008 NBA Finals against the Boston Celtics onJune 5, 2008 at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using thisphotograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. Mandatory Copyright: 2008 NBAE (Photo by Nathaniel S.Butler/NBAE/Getty Images)
44e87e080f5ad862c2f938c219c80da8-getty-80398141cc019_nba_finals_ga.jpg

BOSTON - JUNE 05: Vladimir Radmanovic of the Los Angeles Lakers arrives at the arena for Game One of the 2008 NBA Finals against the Boston Celtics on June 5,2008 at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using thisphotograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. Mandatory Copyright: 2008 NBAE (Photo by Nathaniel S.Butler/NBAE/Getty Images)
ad66cb3d1fc9419482bf4f8ab31ecc52-getty-80398141cc017_nba_finals_ga.jpg

BOSTON - JUNE 05: Derek Fisher #2 of the Los Angeles Lakers arrives at the arena for Game One of the 2008 NBA

3ab7feb923051f3a6a15daadc55afa59-getty-80398141bc113_g1_finals.jpg

BOSTON - JUNE 5: A general view of shirts prior to Game One of the 2008 NBA Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics on June 5, 2008 at TDBanknorth Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. NOTE TO USER:User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and/or using this Photograph, user isconsenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. Mandatory Copyright Notice: Copyright 2008 NBAE (Photo by Randy Belice/NBAE viaGetty Images)

Originally Posted by BoilerUp1987

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

There's one thing I noticed, that I just can't understand. Why are people discrediting the regular season, and then in the same breath say that Cleveland and Atlanta took us to 7 so that means we'll lose? Do the Lakers get 15 point head start because we went 7 with atl? No. So it shouldn't matter. All you need to do is look at how the teams CAN play. And Boston showed they DO play well whenever they are tested. But none of that really matters, we'll just see how it plays out.
smile.gif

ok. i dont think anyone is discrediting the regular season.. i think people are just pointing out how much your team has struggled after being one of the most dominant teams in the regular season in RECENT history.. having so many struggles on the road.. they showed some sort of life agaisnt Detroit, but the struggles they have shown on the road all playoffs long does not bode well for Boston.. especially with the caliber of team they are playing in the Lakers.. The Lakers are not the Baby Hawks or the Cleveland LeBron-iers who somehow stretched the series to 7 games.. they had a memorable regular season.. but these playoffs have been a bit UNDER-whelming!
pimp.gif
atlanta matche p well with boston because of their length

cleveland's defense was AWESOME

lakers have no D......

Back
Top Bottom