*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Originally Posted by zdiddy5

GAMEDAY BABY.
Finally, sheesh.

Look out for that new Magic/Bird "There can only be one." commercial..

n1041540263_30075046_3729.jpg

aka The official Stoneface of the NBA Finals.
- wow. talk about corny. i swear this years NBA as campaign has been one of the worst! at first the whole split screen was kind of cool, now its justplain cheesy. add to that they as well as ESPN has been shoving the whole LA vs Bos down our throats talking about it over and over again now this? im glad ihave a DVR.....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

Lakers are going to get blown out in this game.

Defense, folks. That's why the Celtics are going to win this series. They will smother the Lakers.

103-88

Pains me to say it, but the Celtics are too efficient on offense and too tough on defense. The Lakers can't rely on their defense to win 4 out 7 games.

ohwell.gif
@ losing to a team with Ray Allen on it.

alot of you guys be hating on this man for a long time but he speaks the truth. hes been repping the lakers on this board before you all even found the url www.niketalk.com

it will take a MIRACLE for the lakers to beat the celtics. apparently me and laker 4 life are the only people on the planet that has a brain. Its still MIND BOGGLING how every person/analyst/reporter/former player is picking the lakers. Like we just didnt go through a whole season as being one of the worst defensive teams?

I'm sorry but did we forget about that?

The Kobe hype is through the roof. On TV they make it out like he has never won a title.

Not saying it is deserved, but I think it blinds some people from even thinking Boston has a chance.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Defense, folks. That's why the Celtics are going to win this series. They will smother the Lakers.

103-88

Pains me to say it, but the Celtics are too efficient on offense and too tough on defense. The Lakers can't rely on their defense to win 4 out 7 games.

ohwell.gif

alot of you guys be hating on this man for a long time but he speaks the truth. hes been repping the lakers on this board before you all even found the url www.niketalk.com

it will take a MIRACLE for the lakers to beat the celtics. apparently me and laker 4 life are the only people on the planet that has a brain. Its still MIND BOGGLING how every person/analyst/reporter/former player is picking the lakers. Like we just didnt go through a whole season as being one of the worst defensive teams?

The Kobe hype is through the roof. On TV they make it out like he has never won a title.

Not saying it is deserved, but I think it blinds some people from even thinking Boston has a chance.

Kobe Hype?

Granted, the coverage on Kobe has been outrageous via the media, but we've had the damn Celtics jammed down our throats all season. Especially with theKG gatorade commercial, Where "" Happens, and the Three Amigos commercial for Sportscenter.

Now we're getting Rondo'd by Reebok.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by zdiddy5

GAMEDAY BABY.
Finally, sheesh.

Look out for that new Magic/Bird "There can only be one." commercial..

n1041540263_30075046_3729.jpg

aka The official Stoneface of the NBA Finals.
- wow. talk about corny. i swear this years NBA as campaign has been one of the worst! at first the whole split screen was kind of cool, now its just plain cheesy. add to that they as well as ESPN has been shoving the whole LA vs Bos down our throats talking about it over and over again now this? im glad i have a DVR.....

- i forgot to add................Boston in 5.

103-88

ohwell.gif

Can you blame the media for hyping up and showing a lot of love for Kobe right now?

The guy is putting up #'s of 31 6 & 6 in the playoffs that hasnt been seen since Michael Jordan.Kobe is finally at the point in his career where hisgame on the court is doing all the talking while silencing most of his critics, haters that from the beginning of his career have said: he doesnt make histeammates around him better, he isnt a team leader, he's not a player that can be trusted, he's selfish, a ball hog, cant lead his team to achampionship, that he won his 3 rings only because he played with Shaq.

Dont be suprised and a thread was started about how all the same things once said about Michael Jordan during his first 7 years in the league, and what wasbeing said about Kobe the past 4 years are now quietly and becoming more louder and said about Lebron James now.

Yeah, the Kobe hype is no different than the Boston hype all season long, and sounds like your just mad because almost no one is picking the C's to win.Let me just ask you a question, if you just put their playoff runs so far in their entirety side by side and took the team names off, which team would youfavor going into a 7 game series? It's really not that surprising that most are picking the Lakers to win, but it doesn't matter, the players (I hope)will decide who is the better team.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Jack paid 35 grand per seat for Game 1 tix!!!

And there's no way the Lakers win 3 in a row at home. Sorry.

Jack is a season ticket holder, wouldn't he have been able to pay retail?

Stop it.

Don't act like everyone is picking the Lakers to sweep and dominate
eyes.gif

Plenty of people have said the Celtics are going to be a tough challenge and that they see this series going the distance.

I have faith in my team and expect them to win... what's wrong with that?
If they don't win, oh well the Celtics are/were the better team.

So NK if the Lakers win you're going to stop posting in S&T right?

pimp.gif
finally the big day, can't wait till tip off. If we steal this Game 1, expect me to come back in this thread very drunk &/or chiefed talkingcrazy.

If we lose, expect the same
laugh.gif

LETS GO LAKESHOW!!!

The C's whooped the Lakers butts in the reg. season. And the Lakers defense hasn't improved that much since acquiring Gasol. Bynum is abetter defender than him. Gasol needed a lot of help to defend Duncan, KG is going to kill him with his midrange. On the other side, KGand Perkins aren't going to give up crap to Odom and Gasol. No easy put-back dunks, no layups, no biting on Kobe's penetration anddish. They play outstanding team defense.

The only chance the Lakers have is if their bench plays well. I don't see Fisher getting off with Rondo's all-NBA first-team defense, Kobewill get smothered by great team defense much like the Pistons did to him in the Finals in '04, Gasol/Odom vs. KG/Perkins...... it's gonna behard just to buy a bucket. On the other side, if they give Ray Allen, Pierce, and Posey, House all the open looks the Spurs got, then this series isover. If Phil gives Luke Walton minutes, forget it. Ariza should play 40 minutes and stick to Paul Pierce like a crip.

I forgot about the 2-3-2 format, this might help the Lakers. So I'll say Celtics in 6.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

103-88

ohwell.gif

Kobe Hype?

Granted, the coverage on Kobe has been outrageous via the media, but we've had the damn Celtics jammed down our throats all season. Especially with the KG gatorade commercial, Where "" Happens, and the Three Amigos commercial for Sportscenter.

I don't necessarily mean the coverage of Kobe. I know that happens when Finals come around. I just think people haven't considered the defense theCeltics play and all I hear about is how Kobe needs a ring.

Whos legacy will be more tarnished by a loss. KG or Kobe?

I think Kobe is the best player in the league and it really is not close. So I don't mind it, but MOST people seem to think he can't be stopped.Celtics can't contain him. Nothing can be done.

So I am not saying the hype is warranted, but I think people are looking to much into how great Kobe is. The Celtics defense has been pretty good the wholeyear. Kobe has been shut down before. People can do it. Not saying it a guarantee, but Celtics do play good defense.

* Waits for Kobe to drop 50 tonight and Lakers win by 15
grin.gif

The C's whooped the Lakers butts in the reg. season. And the Lakers defense hasn't improved that much since acquiring Gasol. Bynum is a better defender than him. Gasol needed a lot of help to defend Duncan, KG is going to kill him with his midrange. On the other side, KG and Perkins aren't going to give up crap to Odom and Gasol. No easy put-back dunks, no layups, no biting on Kobe's penetration and dish. They play outstanding team defense.

The only chance the Lakers have is if their bench plays well. I don't see Fisher getting off with Rondo's all-NBA first-team defense, Kobe will get smothered by great team defense much like the Pistons did to him in the Finals in '04, Gasol/Odom vs. KG/Perkins...... it's gonna be hard just to buy a bucket. On the other side, if they give Ray Allen, Pierce, and Posey, House all the open looks the Spurs got, then this series is over. If Phil gives Luke Walton minutes, forget it. Ariza should play 40 minutes and stick to Paul Pierce like a crip.

I forgot about the 2-3-2 format, this might help the Lakers. So I'll say Celtics in 6.
I actually agree with everything you said. Celtics ARE the best defensive team in the NBA. I am rooting for Kobe, but I think the Celtics have what ittalkes.

103-88

ohwell.gif

Kobe Hype?

Granted, the coverage on Kobe has been outrageous via the media, but we've had the damn Celtics jammed down our throats all season. Especially with the KG gatorade commercial, Where "" Happens, and the Three Amigos commercial for Sportscenter.

I don't necessarily mean the coverage of Kobe. I know that happens when Finals come around. I just think people haven't considered the defense the Celtics play and all I hear about is how Kobe needs a ring.

I think Kobe is the best player in the league and it really is not close. So I don't mind it, but MOST people seem to think he can't be stopped. Celtics can't contain him. Nothing can be done.

So I am not saying the hype is warranted, but I think people are looking to much into how great Kobe is. The Celtics defense has been pretty good the whole year. Kobe has been shut down before. People can do it. Not saying it a guarantee, but Celtics do play good defense.

grin.gif

I am not whatsoever discrediting the defense the Celtics play. They hold the best record for the NBA season and literally ran through the entire WesternConference during the season.

I'm baffled myself as to why the Celtics are being downplayed by analysts and the media, when the whole entire season, it was all about the Celtics.Reverse psychology? I dunno.

I'll let the games speak for themselves, but I'll stay true to my team and say that they'll come out victorious through the series.

Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23

pimp.gif
finally the big day, can't wait till tip off. If we steal this Game 1, expect me to come back in this thread very drunk &/or chiefed talking crazy.

If we lose, expect the same
laugh.gif

LETS GO LAKESHOW!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
HAHAHA

103-88

ohwell.gif

Kobe Hype?

I don't necessarily mean the coverage of Kobe. I know that happens when Finals come around. I just think people haven't considered the defense the Celtics play and all I hear about is how Kobe needs a ring.

I think Kobe is the best player in the league and it really is not close. So I don't mind it, but MOST people seem to think he can't be stopped. Celtics can't contain him. Nothing can be done.

So I am not saying the hype is warranted, but I think people are looking to much into how great Kobe is. The Celtics defense has been pretty good the whole year. Kobe has been shut down before. People can do it. Not saying it a guarantee, but Celtics do play good defense.

grin.gif

I am not whatsoever discrediting the defense the Celtics play. They hold the best record for the NBA season and literally ran through the entire Western Conference during the season.

I'm baffled myself as to why the Celtics are being downplayed by analysts and the media, when the whole entire season, it was all about the Celtics. Reverse psychology? I dunno.

I'll let the games speak for themselves, but I'll stay true to my team and say that they'll come out victorious through the series.

Yea then we are thinking about the same here. I always watch ESPN so it gets a little frustrating, but I am sure that was how the reg season was.

pimp.gif
tonight is going to be fun.

my phone has been blowing up all day.... everyone still asking me if i still think the celtics gonna win.... so i bet 3 different people $20 a game till thefinals are over.... Celtics in 6

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Jack paid 35 grand per seat for Game 1 tix!!!

And there's no way the Lakers win 3 in a row at home. Sorry.

Jack is a season ticket holder, wouldn't he have been able to pay retail?
Oh, didn't realize game 1! Jack is making the trip
pimp.gif

Where do you guys predict this Finals will rank among the others? My guess is in the 15-16 range, the buzz just seems to be
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
, plus there isn't any American Idol, etc. on right now

[table][tr][th=""]Net. [/th] [th=""]Year [/th] [th=""]Series [/th] [th=""]Rating [/th] [/tr][tr][td] CBS[/td] [td] 1976[/td] [td] Boston Celtics 4, Phoenix Suns 2[/td] [td] 11.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td] CBS[/td] [td] 1977[/td] [td] Portland Trailblazers 4, Philadelphia 76ers 2[/td] [td] 12.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td] CBS[/td] [td] 1978[/td] [td] Washington Bullets 4, Seattle Supersonics 3[/td] [td] 9.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td] CBS[/td] [td] 1979[/td] [td] Seattle Supersonics 4, Washington Bullets 1[/td] [td] 7.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td] CBS[/td] [td] 1980[/td] [td] Los Angeles Lakers 4, Philadelphia 76ers 2[/td] [td] 8.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td] CBS[/td] [td] 1981[/td] [td] Boston Celtics 4, Houston Rockets 2[/td] [td] 6.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td] CBS[/td] [td] 1982[/td] [td] Los Angeles Lakers 4, Philadelphia 76ers 2[/td] [td] 13.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td] CBS[/td] [td] 1983[/td] [td] Philadelphia 76ers 4, Los Angeles Lakers 0[/td] [td] 12.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] CBS[/td] [td] 1984[/td] [td] Boston Celtics 4, Los Angeles Lakers 3[/td] [td] 12.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] CBS[/td] [td] 1985[/td] [td] Los Angeles Lakers 4, Boston Celtics 2[/td] [td] 13.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td] CBS[/td] [td] 1986[/td] [td] Boston Celtics 4, Houston Rockets 2[/td] [td] 14.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td] CBS[/td] [td] 1987[/td] [td] Los Angeles Lakers 4, Boston Celtics 2[/td] [td] 15.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td] CBS[/td] [td] 1988[/td] [td] Los Angeles Lakers 4, Detroit Pistons 3[/td] [td] 15.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td] CBS[/td] [td] 1989[/td] [td] Detroit Pistons 4, Los Angeles Lakers 0[/td] [td] 15.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td] CBS[/td] [td] 1990[/td] [td] Detroit Pistons 4, Portland Trailblazers 1[/td] [td] 12.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] NBC[/td] [td] 1991[/td] [td] Chicago Bulls 4, Los Angeles Lakers 1[/td] [td] 15.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td] NBC[/td] [td] 1992[/td] [td] Chicago Bulls 4, Portland Trailblazers 2[/td] [td] 14.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td] NBC[/td] [td] 1993[/td] [td] Chicago Bulls 4, Phoenix Suns 2[/td] [td] 17.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td] NBC[/td] [td] 1994[/td] [td] Houston Rockets 4, New York Knicks 3[/td] [td] 12.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td] NBC[/td] [td] 1995[/td] [td] Houston Rockets 4, Orlando Magic 0[/td] [td] 13.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td] NBC[/td] [td] 1996[/td] [td] Chicago Bulls 4, Seattle Supersonics 2[/td] [td] 16.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td] NBC[/td] [td] 1997[/td] [td] Chicago Bulls 4, Utah Jazz 2[/td] [td] 16.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td] NBC[/td] [td] 1998[/td] [td] Chicago Bulls 4, Utah Jazz 2[/td] [td] 18.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td] NBC[/td] [td] 1999[/td] [td] San Antonio Spurs 4, New York Knicks 1[/td] [td] 11.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] NBC[/td] [td] 2000[/td] [td] Los Angeles Lakers 4, Indiana Pacers 2[/td] [td] 11.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td] NBC[/td] [td] 2001[/td] [td] Los Angeles Lakers 4, Philadelphia 76ers 1[/td] [td] 12.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td] NBC[/td] [td] 2002[/td] [td] Los Angeles Lakers 4, New Jersey Nets 0[/td] [td] 10.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td] ABC[/td] [td] 2003[/td] [td] San Antonio Spurs 4, New Jersey Nets 2[/td] [td] 6.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td] ABC[/td] [td] 2004[/td] [td] Detroit Pistons 4, Los Angeles Lakers 1[/td] [td] 11.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td] ABC[/td] [td] 2005[/td] [td] San Antonio Spurs 4, Detroit Pistons 3[/td] [td] 8.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td] ABC[/td] [td] 2006[/td] [td] Miami Heat 4, Dallas Mavericks 2[/td] [td] 8.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td] ABC[/td] [td] 2007[/td] [td] San Antonio Spurs 4, Cleveland Cavaliers 0[/td] [td] 6.2[/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom