*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by knightngale

I feel like right before you get on a roller coaster
smh.gif
sick.gif

why, i thought you were looking forward to next year
grin.gif

it was funny the first time
grin.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

Lakers are going to get blown out in this game.

Defense, folks. That's why the Celtics are going to win this series. They will smother the Lakers.

103-88

Pains me to say it, but the Celtics are too efficient on offense and too tough on defense. The Lakers can't rely on their defense to win 4 out 7 games.

ohwell.gif
@ losing to a team with Ray Allen on it.

alot of you guys be hating on this man for a long time but he speaks the truth. hes been repping the lakers on this board before you all even found the url www.niketalk.com

it will take a MIRACLE for the lakers to beat the celtics. apparently me and laker 4 life are the only people on the planet that has a brain. Its still MIND BOGGLING how every person/analyst/reporter/former player is picking the lakers. Like we just didnt go through a whole season as being one of the worst defensive teams?

I'm sorry but did we forget about that?
What the F??? Yo man, have a fun time at people's expense, tell some jokes, make some predictions, tease some folk, what the hell ever. But what kind of nonsense is "it will take a MIRACLE for the lakers to beat the celtics."???

I mean really, it will take a miracle for a team with the best player playing and a coach with 9 rings to beat a bunch of guys who've never won jack sh*^ their whole damn life? A miracle?

How about it will be tough, and it may take a lotta hard work?

Come on, the damn series could go either way, period. Maybe they beat us, maybe they don't. But it doesn't take a miracle to beat a team full of non winners.
indifferent.gif

dude its gonna take a miracle. Kobe is the best in the game but he is not god. This team does not play defense! Its like im in bizzaro world here!

phil has 9 titles because all of those teams played defense...

this team?

no defense
had my doubts too

Vs. Denver - i thought we wont be able to stop Melo and AI , rebounding

vs. Utah- Best Home team/ Deron/ Boozer abusing our soft Euro inside

vs. Spurs - Defending champs..battle tested savvy veteran team vs a young team

look at what we did to get here though...

i am SURPRISED the lakers made it this far...

How can you count out your "favorite team", and not give them a chance.
I mean it's one thing to say, "it's gonna be a tough series" But to say, "Celtics are going to embarrass the Lakers, or Lakers have no chance"

I never said they had no chance... I said its gonna take a miracle... With this team being one of the worst defensively....and with uncertainty ofwhich gasol or odom is gonna show up? am i supposed to lie and say lakers got this in 5 just to make it look like im a fan? no way

anybody think they should re-name the Staples Center into the Staples Forum, even just for this series.....?

its not like i dont want the lakers to win.... im just being realistic...

realistically, the celtics should win this series..... if LA is going to win, it'll be all kobe..... the celtics as a team is better than the lakers....so the the better team usually wins unless of course a superstar goes crazy like lebron vs. pistons ECF last year.... that's the reality of this series.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

its not like i dont want the lakers to win.... im just being realistic...

realistically, the celtics should win this series..... if LA is going to win, it'll be all kobe..... the celtics as a team is better than the lakers.... so the the better team usually wins unless of course a superstar goes crazy like lebron vs. pistons ECF last year.... that's the reality of this series.

i disagree. if the lakers win it'll be because of the team... sure kobe can get his anytime, but when the whole team is involved the lakers are a hardteam to beat... and the celtics being a better team than the lakers is debatable..

my co-worker's telling me that jack nicholson paid about 70k for his pair of courtsides....

Back
Top Bottom