The New York Punk Department strikes again

Definitely a freak situation.  As a cop, you're responding to a robbery situation and you don't know if the suspects are armed or not.  You see someone running towards you and your defense instincts kick in.
As a victim, you see the cops there and you automatically run towards safety.
From the video, the first guy that runs out points behind him.  The 2nd guy comes running out like a bat out of hell.  Maybe the cop thought the 2nd guy was the suspect.  I wouldn't classify this one as the NYPD being reckless.  Just an unfortunate situation.  Sad all around though.

as much as I dislike nypd, I gotta agree with this

thats exactly what happened when you see that video...

damn, this thread just ruined my mood...

You kids are acting like the cop was there give the guy a hug or something. Ya been watching way to many movies... The video is there, every happened so quick. Dont think the guy was expecting a cop to stand there for him to running out like that.

he never pulled the trigger maybe because he never had a chance :D.... so f the cops... they aint doin us no good any ways got us living in a police state type of ****

:lol: :lol:

go outside the US and see how the police are over there

human error is gonna happen. esp in a situation like this.

Get out of here. Most of you are hating on the officer's fault because you are inclined to feel hate and aggression towards police officers FOR NO APPARENT REASON. Abandon that mentality, because it will land you in hot water.
Yes, this situation was unfortunate, but it wasn't as if the officer came out on the job today looking to shoot a young Hispanic adult. If you read the news articles associated with the incident, you would see that the officer's job history has shown that he has NOT PULLED THE TRIGGER ONCE in his entire 7 years in the force. If he truly was a "racist out to get minorities" he would have fired more than one shot or have had a history of discharges from his weapon.
It is not the officers fault for shooting on sight. What the man should have done was came out of the store WITH HIS HANDS UP like the other bodega owner. In a hostage situation, you don't just run out into a field of armed officers. You are asking to get shot. Plus, officers HAVE ALREADY CONFIRMED that there were perpetrators that WERE ARMED. If I was a cop and I knew that the suspects inside the store were ARMED AND DANGEROUS, I'd be on my toes too.
Some of you need to access the situation on BOTH sides before you come to a final conclusion.
And for those claiming police corruption, go open a dictionary.

C'mon, bro.

You know these ignorant clowns on here aren't trying to hear this.

The guy that died was my cousins cousin.. her dad is the bodega owner nd its named after her.. rip to him, left his kid behind nd I know that ain't easy.. obviuosly saw the video a couple of times nd you can't really fault the cop.. he held his gun down when the first guy came out, but as soon as the guy pointed inside the other dude was running out straight into the cop.. he probably could've just held him, but instinct took over.. reminded me of animals running across a river nd tryin to avoid alligators, if u run into their mouth your most likely gone... Nature took over, rip to rey, don't disrespect the man

LOL TRUUUEEE... WE all know its ALWAYS not the cop fault... **** *****

From what I been told NYPD issue glocks got a trigger pull of 11 or 13lbs ..
Hell nah that wasn't an accident..
Prolly hit a main artery .. Bled to death
I've held and pulled the trigger on a nypd glock. Very tough triggers. Hard to imagine accidentally pulling it.

Not only that, the Glock has a trigger safety ..

Only way to shoot is by actually putting his finger on the trigger an pulling it

Cuz when you shoot it ... you meant to shoot it ..

There are NO ACCIDENTAL Misfires .. ESP with a trigger pull that heavy ..

Basically Cop already had his finger on the trigger and shot the 1st guy he saw coming out ..

No "freeze", no "stop or I'll shoot" , No "police!" ..

Just Bang.

cops are trained for situations such as these. was the guy armed with a gun? no. if the cop felt threatened, tase him. if you don't have time to pull your taser and feel you have to use your gun, don't shoot to kill (above the waist) shoot a leg. cop did the worst thing possible.

at 2am in a matter of less than 3 seconds with a robbery being reported, you want the cop to use a TASER at someone running full speed at them?

Jesus.

If you read the news articles associated with the incident, you would see that the officer's job history has shown that he has NOT PULLED THE TRIGGER ONCE in his entire 7 years in the force. If he truly was a "racist out to get minorities" he would have fired more than one shot or have had a history of discharges from his weapon.

But...but....he's a trigger happy pig.

Last edited:
Rap music paints us minorities in a bad light.. plenty of examples out there.. I bet if it was a white kid running out the cop wouldn't have shot.. u don't hear songs talkin about white people being trigger happy.. just us spanish nd blacks

:lol: :lol: at using a taser on someone that's reported to have a gun. I guess :lol:

Only way to shoot is by actually putting his finger on the trigger an pulling it
Basically Cop already had his finger on the trigger and shot the 1st guy he saw coming out ..
Just Bang.

From that line alone, its obvious that you didnt watch the video fam

As much as I hate cops, this does look like an accident

The uncle came out running, pointed in the store, and 3 seconds later the nephew came dashing out and ran into the cop

After reviewing the video multiple times the cop is still at fault.

On top of that is hard to give cops in NY the benefit of the doubt due to racist laws like stop and frisk and the lack of training they get.

After reviewing the video multiple times the cop is still at fault.

On top of that is hard to give cops in NY the benefit of the doubt due to racist laws like stop and frisk and the lack of training they get.

Love your unbiased opinion :lol:

unfortunate situation. i dont think it was malicious... but definitely avoidable.

cops need to show more restraint. period. i dont want to here about this 'instincts kicked in' nonsense. he killed an unarmed man. accident or not, he is trained to use lethal force as a last resort. in this case, it was his first. if you dont want to blame the individual, blame the state and federal government for not properly training their officers to deal with life or death situations.

the kid ran out of the door, right behind the other worker that wasnt shot. didnt even have time to say 'stop or ill shoot' before he put his gun in the kids chest. due to the impact, the gun went off because his finger was on the trigger. the cop reacted poorly and an innocent citizen died because of his mistake. simple.

if you think the cop shot to kill, i dont agree. if you think the cop panicked in a high stakes situation, and his mistakes led to an innocent man losing his life... you are right on the nose.

fact of the matter is, police officers should be held to higher standard. the need for warm bodies with badges has lowered the requirements and the lack of funding makes it impossible to recruit the best talent for one of the most important positions in the country. until this gets rectified (it wont), the "Us vs. Them" mentality will always be there.

RIP

Just Bang.

From that line alone, its obvious that you didnt watch the video fam

As much as I hate cops, this does look like an accident

The uncle came out running, pointed in the store, and 3 seconds later the nephew came dashing out and ran into the cop

Man have you shot a gun?

At the 1 min mark you can CLEARLY see him pull his Gun out finger on the trigger ..

That kid didn't collide with him hard enough to have an accidental discharge .. Thats the argument no?

kid ran out .. he popped him

Last edited:
unfortunate situation. i dont think it was malicious... but definitely avoidable.

cops need to show more restraint. period. i dont want to here about this 'instincts kicked in' nonsense. he killed an unarmed man. accident or not, he is trained to use lethal force as a last resort. in this case, it was his first. if you dont want to blame the individual, blame the state and federal government for not properly training their officers to deal with life or death situations.

the kid ran out of the door, right behind the other worker that wasnt shot. didnt even have time to say 'stop or ill shoot' before he put his gun in the kids chest. due to the impact, the gun went off because his finger was on the trigger. the cop reacted poorly and an innocent citizen died because of his mistake. simple.

if you think the cop shot to kill, i dont agree. if you think the cop panicked in a high stakes situation, and his mistakes led to an innocent man losing his life... you are right on the nose.

fact of the matter is, police officers should be held to higher standard. the need for warm bodies with badges has lowered the requirements and the lack of funding makes it impossible to recruit the best talent for one of the most important positions in the country. until this gets rectified (it wont), the "Us vs. Them" mentality will always be there.

RIP

I can agree with that ..

But , if it was a normal citizen .. it would a laundry list of charges ..

Wonder what charges he'll get?

Because they are LE .. I believe as you , they should be held to higher standard ..

As he should be punished for not following proper procedure and being reckless the caused someone to die ..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at using a taser on someone that's reported to have a gun. I guess
laugh.gif
What fool that has a gun decides to Adrian Peterson a cop?

I just want to point out to whoever mentioned the stop and frisk policy as a way for the NYPD to be racist, you do know they do that to white people too right? I can't even count the amount of times the cops have rolled up on me or my friends and searched our entire cars just because they felt like it. Is it right? **** no. But it's not just a minority thing.

A lot of you guys are thinking without actually thinking what it would be like in THAT exact situation with your adrenaline running. You think you know what you're doing, but sometimes the adrenaline gets the best of you and you don't react to a situation in the best way possible. You can't always assume that everyman is armed, and at the same time, you can't always spend time checking if people have weapons. Things happen in the blink of an eye. It's easier to think of the best possible solution for a situation when you're viewing it from an outside perspective. Not when you're in it.

Man have you shot a gun?
At the 1 min mark you can CLEARLY see him pull his Gun out finger on the trigger ..
That kid didn't collide with him hard enough to have an accidental discharge .. Thats the argument no?
kid ran out .. he popped him

It is very well documented in the gun thread that I own guns. What does me ever shooting a gun have to do with what you said?????????

You clearly said that the cop just shot at the first dude who came out the door, which clearly wasn't the case

And of course the cop had his gun out with his finger on the trigger, he was there for an ARMED robbery call, did you expect him to knuckle up or something?

I just want to point out to whoever mentioned the stop and frisk policy as a way for the NYPD to be racist, you do know they do that to white people too right? I can't even count the amount of times the cops have rolled up on me or my friends and searched our entire cars just because they felt like it. Is it right? **** no. But it's not just a minority thing.

**** outta here.

Shut up.

And dude talking about people hating the cops for no reason....y'all dudes are really dense.

It's not even worth the keystrokes trying to relate to people like y'all.

You live in alternate realities and can't relate to anyone else's.

Last edited:
HARM you just sound angry and matter what logical explanation is brought up your going to dismiss it :lol:

o-STOP-AND-FRISK-NYPD-NEW-YORK-570.jpg

Now put the keyboard away and think about what you just typed.

Back
Top Bottom