The NBA Hall of Fame thread...who's a lock, on the bubble, or on the way?

Didn't realize DoubleJs07 was a Melo "hater"
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Posting that Big Dog Glenn Rob pic
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

I think Grant Hill will get in but it's a tough call.
nerd.gif

It is the "Basketball" Hall of Fame, collegiate accomplishments are considered.

Oh man, I totally forgot to add Carmelo to the up and coming list.... he goes under Lebron status, but over Bosh status (fitting the draft class order)

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

Baron Davis? what the hell
laugh.gif

how?
He'd have to continue to put up 20 and 8 for the next 5-6 years, and GS would have contend in the playoffs maybe winning a title. Then he'dhave a shot.

i havent seen his name said but Chris webber has a better case at getting in over players like VC and Ray allen. he is a 20 point 10 boards and like 5 assistsguy

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

i havent seen his name said but Chris webber has a better case at getting in over players like VC and Ray allen. he is a 20 point 10 boards and like 5 assists guy

Webber has decent numbers but he had a lot of injuries (he missed at least 15 games almost every season), he only dominated at his position for a 3-4 yearspan and his teams were only contenders for 2-3 years. Not to mention his reputation is a choke artist, not exactly HOF worthy.

Deke is most definately a HOF, might not be first ballot though.
He is that dude.

Me and my boys had this convo. this past summer.

Tracy Haagen Daaz McGrady will not make it unless he adds playoff wins to his resume.
Vince Carter is on the fence, IMO.

Steve Nash will go in.
Dirk will go in because of his International status.
Ray needs to go in, but I doubt it.

Paul should not only be put in the Hall of Fame he should be proclaimed a saint for sticking with the Celtics through all those bad years and still putting up 25 points per game year after year. Garnett may be getting most of the attention right now in Boston but Pierce will always be the face of that organization as long as he's there, and last time I checked he is still putting up 21 points per game even with KG and Allen on HIS team.

I like you.
smile.gif

As much as I dislike the guy, If Dominique gets in shouldn't Vince?

Ummm...no. I do think that Vince will and probably deserves to go in one day, but not on this theory. Dominique wasn't only an all-time great dunker he was also the 2nd greatest scorer of his era, and if it hadn't been for a guy named Michael Jordan he would have won a minimum of 4 more scoring titles... Vince although a very good scorer isn't anywhere on par to what Dominique was putting up, even in his twilight. . .

Originally Posted by TheAndrea3000

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to show me where Vince's career parallels 'Nique's.

It doesn't. And if it weren't for Larry Bird, he might have a ring or two right now.

I think GHill will get in. His NBA career(albeit injury shortened) as well as a ridiculous college career(2 rings, 3 championship appearances) should get himin.

Originally Posted by air4life

I think GHill will get in. His NBA career(albeit injury shortened) as well as a ridiculous college career(2 rings, 3 championship appearances) should get him in.
I'm too lazy to look it up but if I'm not mistaken, although Hill was a good player in college, he wasn't the dominant player that hewas in the NBA pre-injury. Wasn't he just a good player on a squad lead by Christian Laettner (sorry if I mispelled the name LOL)? I think coming out ofcollege, Laettner was the more touted player, wasn't he?

*Note for the dense: this is not an argument in any shape, way or form, that Laettner makes the Hall of Fame.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

I think GHill will get in. His NBA career(albeit injury shortened) as well as a ridiculous college career(2 rings, 3 championship appearances) should get him in.
I'm too lazy to look it up but if I'm not mistaken, although Hill was a good player in college, he wasn't the dominant player that he was in the NBA pre-injury. Wasn't he just a good player on a squad lead by Christian Laettner (sorry if I mispelled the name LOL)? I think coming out of college, Laettner was the more touted player, wasn't he?

*Note for the dense: this is not an argument in any shape, way or form, that Laettner makes the Hall of Fame.

smile.gif

Grant Hill was one of the few touted as the "Next Jordan".

So....

if a guy like adrian dantley, who put up 25 ppg, 6 rpg, and 3 apg over his career, doesn't get in...then t-mac, vince, and all those other players some ofyou listed won't get in. AD had four straight seasons of 30 and 6, and he's a career 54% shooter, and played in a much tougher nba.

bernard king and mark aguirre are two others who have very respectable numbers, and imo more impressive careers than the players mentioned earlier, thataren't in either.

finally, artis gilmore, one of the greatest players in the ABA's history, and whose game transitioned well over to the nba.

Originally Posted by TheAndrea3000

Nique was a significantly better scorer than Vince was. To be honest, the parallel could have worked if Vince had stopped crying in Toronto and been theunequivocal leader every year, but instead he's now one of three players that will never make it past the 2nd round.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by amel223

I'm too lazy to look it up but if I'm not mistaken, although Hill was a good player in college, he wasn't the dominant player that he was in the NBA pre-injury. Wasn't he just a good player on a squad lead by Christian Laettner (sorry if I mispelled the name LOL)? I think coming out of college, Laettner was the more touted player, wasn't he?

smile.gif

Grant Hill was one of the few touted as the "Next Jordan".

So....
Before he played an NBA game?

I used to think that Grant was fortunate to play on Laetners teams....until his senior year when he got that team within a Scottie Thurmond three point shot ofa championship. I think along the way they played Purdue and he shut Glen Robinson down(who had been ripping it up to that point). Now, I think Laetner wasfortunate to play on Grant's team. Nah, Laetner was a beast in college. Got to give the man that.

IMO, these guys are locks (if I missed anyone my bad)...

-Kevin Garnett
-Jason Kidd
-Kobe Bryant
-Tim Duncan
-Shaquille O'Neal
-Allen Iverson
-Steve Nash
-Dikembe Mutombo
-Alonzo Mourning
-Ray Allen

On the Bubble

-Tracy McGrady
-Dirk Nowitzki
-Vince Carter

On the Way

-Yao Ming
-Lebron James
-Dwight Howard
-Chris Paul
-Deron Williams
-Tony Parker
-Dwayne Wade

On the fence with these guys and I can't decide where to put them, if anywhere at all...

-Carlos Boozer
-Jermaine O'Neal
-Shawn Marion
-Grant Hill
-Ben Wallace
-Paul Pierce
-Chris Bosh
-Elton Brand
NONE of them are making it

Back
Top Bottom