The NBA Hall of Fame thread...who's a lock, on the bubble, or on the way?

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

If you havent won an mvp or a championship their name shouldn't even be in this thread.

So guys like Karl Malone, John Stockon, GP, Reggie Miller and all the other greats shouldn't be mentioned just because they didn't win achampionship? Give me a break. With that said here is my lock list:
- Kobe Bryant
- Shaquille O'neal
- Allen Iverson
- Kevin Garnett
- Tim Duncan
- Jason Kidd

...I'm sure I forgot a few, but mentioning names like Paul Pierce? Vince Carter? You might as well put any player that has made an all star team into theHall.

penny in the HOF??? only on NT
Same thing I was thinking.
laugh.gif

To all the people sayin Vince carter, Why should he be in the hall? Just curious thats all.

15, 000 points...will end up getting 20k probably. (One of the youngest to do both) Unknown how many he can finish his career with.
Rookie of the year 1999
8 time all star
USA gold medalist
2000 Slam Dunk Champ...along with being arguably the greatest dunker of all time.
24 PPG 5 assists 4 rebounds career averages

Just some quick stats & quick reasons why I think he should be in.

Well, being a slam dunk champ won't get you in, obviously, but being the dunker he is, it plays some part I would think in the role of his career when youlook back years from now.

You have Deke as a lock, now his claim to fame is what ? Premier defender of a generation and one of only two players to be a 4 time DPOY

I'm not sure if you're questioning or co-signing the Deke pick, but he is in fact, a lock.

4 time DPOTY.

2nd all time in blocks.

Part of that 8th seed defeating a 1 seed upset.

All his humanitarian work off the court.

Deke is that dude.
pimp.gif

Anfernee Hardaway (would have been a lock had he stayed healthy) image
Grant Hill (same as Penny)

There's dozens of guys you could name who had potential to be hall of fame-type players but were ruined by injury, Grant and Penny should be no exception.

More to add..

On the Bubble:
-Nevermind.
laugh.gif

On the way:
-Amare
-Caron
-Deron

I doubt half of those players make the list. That's just way too many.

I would take Ray out, I don't think he has been head and shoulders above his competition.

GHill would definitely have made it but the time when he was dominant was just too short.

Penny?
laugh.gif

I can't see any of those players on the fence making the list unless they start winning championships or at least contending. The great like Malone andReggie and Stockton might not have won, but they were contenders nearly every year.

And Mike Bibby? Dude hasn't even made an all-star team, not to mention he is coming off his worst season ever. If anything, he's on his way down.

Grant Hill and Penny should not be in the HOF.

As already mentioned, the only 100% locks out of active players are Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, Iverson, Kidd, Garnett.

It's too early to talk about guys like Wade, Melo, Bosh, LeBron, but they are on their way.

T-Mac, Vince, Allen, Nash, Pierce are close to getting in.

So guys like Karl Malone, John Stockon, GP, Reggie Miller and all the other greats shouldn't be mentioned just because they didn't win a championship?
You're the 5 millionth person I've had to say this to, but GP did win a title. Don't worry, if I wasn't a Heat fan I'dforget too.

[TO voice] Nobody even knows you won a title unless they checked the roster [TO voice]

Maybe I was reaching by saying Bibby and Shard.
laugh.gif

You're the 5 millionth person I've had to say this to, but GP did win a title. Don't worry, if I wasn't a Heat fan I'd forget too.

He wasn't the star of the team (like the 4th option
laugh.gif
), so I can see why people forget.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

So guys like Karl Malone, John Stockon, GP, Reggie Miller and all the other greats shouldn't be mentioned just because they didn't win a championship?
You're the 5 millionth person I've had to say this to, but GP did win a title. Don't worry, if I wasn't a Heat fan I'd forget too.

[TO voice] Nobody even knows you won a title unless they checked the roster [TO voice]

Haha. Woooooow. Completely forgot.

Rashard Lewis is the most pathetic player mentioned in this thread. Individually, he was never a top player in the league, not even top 20, and team-wise hehas never come close to winning.

Ray Allen won't get in. along w/VC and Pierce.

and I think Nash, however, is also a lock (2 MVP). maybe Dirk (euro MVP)

Nash and Dirk will both get in.

Look back in history and see how many eligible MVP's have made the hall.

All of them.

I'm not sure if you're questioning or co-signing the Deke pick, but he is in fact, a lock.
i was stating that Ben Wallace is a lock along with Deke. read the whole post.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Nash and Dirk will both get in.

Look back in history and see how many eligible MVP's have made the hall.

All of them.

i was stating that Ben Wallace is a lock along with Deke. read the whole post.

ben wallace is a HOF?
roll.gif
cmon man. one dimensional players should NEVERbe even considered. at least mutombo averaged around 13-14 pts for a few yrs during his prime and has some post moves. ben wallace is not even guarded.

Let's just keep this for guys currently playing in the NBA....

IMO, these guys are locks (if I missed anyone my bad)...

-Kevin Garnett
-Jason Kidd
-Kobe Bryant
-Tim Duncan
-Shaquille O'Neal
-Allen Iverson
-Steve Nash
-Dikembe Mutombo
-Alonzo Mourning - I wouldnt say he is a lock. Possibly on the bubble, but those years that he was out because of his Kidney problems isgoing to hurt his chances. It sucks for him, but thats how I view the situation.
-Ray Allen

On the Bubble - For any of these players to get in the hall, they have to win AT LEAST one NBA championship.

-Tracy McGrady
-Dirk Nowitzki - has the best chance of getting in the hall out of these three because of the MVP he won last year. But still I believe that he has to win achampionship to solidify his place in the Hall in the future.
-Vince Carter

On the Way

-Yao Ming - not sold yet.
-Lebron James - could already move up to to On the bubble.
-Dwight Howard - see "Lebron James"
-Chris Paul - I know its early to tell, but this guy is going to get in the hall when its all said and done. The only reason why I would keep him lower rankedis because of his age in the NBA. When he retires, and its all said and done, dude will be in the hall without question.
-Deron Williams - See "Chris Paul"
-Tony Parker - eh, not entirely sold. He had that one amazing NBA finals series, which showed how good he really is. If you go purely by stats with Tony, hesnot going to get in. But if you take into account how he makes his team that much better WITHOUT getting stats, then he has a shot. The only way I think thathe gets in the hall is if he ups his assist's to near 8-9 per game. If that doesnt happen, it will be hard for Tony to get into the hall.
-Dwayne Wade - eh, no comment just yet.

On the fence with these guys and I can't decide where to put them, if anywhere at all...

-Carlos Boozer - If he keeps playing like he can, dude will be up there. But like for Dirk, Tmac, Vince, he HAS to win an NBA championship to get into thehall. No doubt about that.
-Jermaine O'Neal - Nope. No Injury bugs allowed.
-Shawn Marion - A GREAT 20 and 10 guy every night. I know this sounds repetitive, but he has to win a championship to get into the hall. I know its hard to do,but at least thats how I think he will get in. If he doesnt win a chip, I still think he has a better shot than the likes of Boozer and Vince, but its going tobe tough to get in.
-Grant Hill - sadly, wont happen
frown.gif
Injuries killed his career. If he wasnt injured, he would be a lock, thats forsure.
-Ben Wallace - the 4 DPOY really work in his favor, which will most likely end up in him being in the hall. But aside from those awards, I dont know if hewould even have a shot. Believe me, I love his game. I just dont think that without those awards he would get in the hall.
-Paul Pierce - dude is going to be a lock in three years. Count on that.
-Chris Bosh - Well we all know how I stand with Bosh. I love his game (obviously because of team commitment). But I strongly believe that he has to take theraptors deep into the playoffs for more than just one year. Make a constant streak of going to the ECF with the raps, and then maybe he might get on thebubble. A thing that is working greatly in his favor is the fact that he is young, and has alot of years left in the tank. Its too early to tell. I hope hewill get in at the end of his career, but only time will tell.
-Elton Brand - See "Shawn Marion"

Basically, for me at least, I believe that one NBA championship will give alot of those players the thing they need to push them over the hump to get into thehall. All these players (minus J O'Neal) have a legitimate shot to get in. Its just a matter of what unfolds over time.

Iverson, Duncan, Kobe, Shaq, Garnett, Kidd are all locks to get in 1st ballot.

I think Mutumbo, G.Hill(because his college career will be taken into account), Chris Webber, Nash and Mourning all have VERY strong cases if they were all toretire today.

On the bubble would be guys like VC(who I think will make it one day), Paul Pierce, Ben Wallace, Ray Allen, T-Mac, Dirk and Yao.

For anyone else, it's waaay to early to mention or they haven't accomplished enough (if they were to retire today) to garner true consideration.

I know this may stir up some controversy as I know it's been addressed on here many many times, but like it or not Robert Horry(not personally saying heshould be in, not saying he shouldn't either though) will get consideration.

Like i said. Ray has a few good years left. if the Celtics and beat a Western Conference team to win it. I think that significantly helps pierce and Allen.

Anyone mention GP aka the Glove?

But as far as current players

I think Mike Brown is on his way to being a HOF Coach
laugh.gif

I like Popovich for sure

Ginobli has to be on the bubble. Dude is a baller, even if you hate him, you have to admit it. He already had 3 rings I think and was an integral part of thechips. And Grant Hill will get in just on his collegiate career and NBA longevity.

Back
Top Bottom