The NBA Draft Thread

Running around in circles and then having to catch, turn, and fire almost simultaneously is drastically different from standing in one place, catching & firing.

Not to mention the former is substantially more physically demanding than the latter.

Chris Paul spoke on how he routinely out shoots Redick in stand-still contests but Redick would kill him if they tried to simulate all that running around Redick does before shooting.

Running around in circles and then having to catch, turn, and fire almost simultaneously is drastically different from standing in one place, catching & firing.

Not to mention the former is substantially more physically demanding than the latter.

Chris Paul spoke on how he routinely out shoots Redick in stand-still contests but Redick would kill him if they tried to simulate all that running around Redick does before shooting.

Yeah thats why the Reddick comparisons I've heard for Heild don't work, JJ was running off screens in college.

I think Jamal Murray compares much better to JJ Reddick assuming he can't stick at PG.

I love how people are scared of cocky players nowadays. Mackensie Alexander was probably one of the 10 best players in the NFL Draft this year and fell all the way to the 2nd round cause he was cocky. Give me a player with Jaylen Brown's confidence any day of the week over some timid kid that just wants to blend in.

I have a problem with his skill level in this case, because Mackensie can probably see the field next season and I don't know when/if that'll be an apt description as it relates to Jaylen Brown. He's talking outwardly already in mid-May and doesn't have the acumen to back it up from what he did as a freshman. If you watched.

Last edited:
Whenever that thirst spills over into his work ethic [wake me up!] . . . the Suns have been convinced since Jan. if you go by DX's explicitly inaccurate 2016 mock drafts.

Last edited:
I love how people are scared of cocky players nowadays. Mackensie Alexander was probably one of the 10 best players in the NFL Draft this year and fell all the way to the 2nd round cause he was cocky. Give me a player with Jaylen Brown's confidence any day of the week over some timid kid that just wants to blend in.

difference between being cocky and not understanding what your role in the NBA is likley to be.

lots a guys have talent but role acceptance can get talented guys like a Josh Selby for example washed out of the league quick.

Last edited:
Josh Selby is a ******* idiot street ball player whose game is built to play in Pro Am games. Jaylen Brown's game is waaaay different than his and even this year when his teammates weren't nearly as good as they'll be next year in the NBA you didn't see him chucking up shot after shot and waving people off. I would pick Simmons, Ingram, Murray, Dunn, Hield and Bender over him but after that I'd probably have to go with him as the next best prospect. The kid has elite athleticism and still has loads of potential if he can get his shot right.

Last edited:
It's cool to talk like that when you are hands down elite. Not when you shooting something like 20% from the college three.

Speaking of Ebi, you should read the part of Jonathan Abrams' book about him;

"What did I learn in all my years in the NBA? he asked. "You know what I'll tell you? The Staples Center has the best nachos"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He was so full of himself.

Mack is actually really good though & produced on the collegiate level? Can you say the same for Brown?

And Mack fell because he is short and had 0 picks lol

Speaking of Ebi, you should read the part of Jonathan Abrams' book about him;

"What did I learn in all my years in the NBA? he asked. "You know what I'll tell you? The Staples Center has the best nachos"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He was so full of himself.
did he confirm that they put pickles on nachos in the Phoenix arena? 

word to chuck

arrogance isn't a reason why someone will fall in a draft :lol:

There are MANY other factors that come into play.

Yeah I don't think Brown's comments will effect where he lands in the draft. I actually like it and he probably has a point. His lack of actually being able to play the game and not just thrive off of his size with bully ball is what will have him in the latter of the top 10.

More ESPN Insider draft info, this time on Dragan Bender.

According to Kevin Peltons draft projection analytics,

- projects better than Kristaps did at the same age.

- 3rd best projection for a European prospect in his database, best since Ricky Rubio.

Ricky Rubio
Clint Capela
Dragan Bender
Jusuf Nurkic
Nikola Jokic

- 2nd best prospect in the entire draft according to the analytics, gap between Simmons, Bender, and everyone else

- Chad Ford compared him to a draymond green type (a comparison I also made a while back)

Last edited:
You guys think Buddy will be able to finish at the rim on the next
More ESPN Insider draft info, this time on Dragan Bender.

According to Kevin Peltons draft projection analytics,

- projects better than Kristaps did at the same age.

- 3rd best projection for a European prospect in his database, best since Ricky Rubio.

Ricky Rubio
Clint Capela
Dragan Bender
Jusuf Nurkic
Nikola Jokic

- 2nd best prospect in the entire draft according to the analytics, gap between Simmons, Bender, and everyone else

- Chad Ford compared him to a draymond green type (a comparison I also made a while back)
Is there a reason why you have to give a synopsis and can't post the article?  I have been wondering why I haven't seen in Insider posts on here for month.

Back
Top Bottom