The NBA Draft Thread

Ah, another guy who thinks Simmons can be a primary ball handler

I don't see primary ballhandler and PG as the same thing, but maybe it's just semantics. PG I assume you're guarding other 1s too.

The shooting aspect is huge. Interested in seeing how much improvement is there.

That Ingram long form on SI was really good. Didn't realize he's the 5th youngest guy to be drafted in the 1 and done era. I still thin that he might be the better prospect of the 2.

I'm confused how the pendulum seemed to swing back into Simmons favor while he past month or so before the lottery it seemed most people has coverted to Ingram as the top prospect.

I can see Simmons having a higher ceiling but I just think Ingram is so young and pretty much a lock to be an efficient 22ppg scorer.

I'd take him first just because I don't see a way he doesn't become a perennial all-star.

Everyone is making it seem that Simmons is a lock to better at everything but shooting but his length will make it hard for him to defend bigger guys in the post plus I'm not so sure about his rebounding.

Your position 99% of the time is who you can guard.

Ben can be a primary ball handler at the SF/PF position.

he's not gaurding PG's full time so therefore he is not a PG.

Last edited:
Two things that I'll monitor as time passes in regards to Ingram's potential is he's a two foot leaper and he doesn't have the most explosive bounce. Not that it will prevent him from being an All-Star, but just curious to see. But his length will make up for it, I guess.

Edit:

This is probably what as made Durant as great as he is, because he always was going to be a big time shooter. He absolutely maxed out his athletic ability.

Last edited:
I mean maybe he could, but I think it's highly doubtfull you would want him doing that for a whole game.

plus its more valuable to be a quick 3, than a slow tall 2 gaurd.

I think his wingspan could make up for his lack of quickness guarding a 2 but id only put him there til he bulks up. Didnt Paul George start off at the 2 cuz they had Granger at the time?

If Ingram gets his handle up y'all think you can live with him being an average three shooter? He'd be able to attack the rim more consistently and with his length and much needed added weight finish in traffic.

Last edited:
I mean maybe he could, but I think it's highly doubtfull you would want him doing that for a whole game.

plus its more valuable to be a quick 3, than a slow tall 2 gaurd.

I think his wingspan could make up for his lack of quickness guarding a 2 but id only put him there til he bulks up. Didnt Paul George start off at the 2 cuz they had Granger at the time?
Yes, Paul George started as a SG, but he's more athletic than Ingram.

1. PG's a better athelte

2. What advantage are you gaining by having Ingram at 2?

In the modern NBA; Quick>Tall.

Why is quick over tall? And Ingram being slow is why I never liked him as a prospect. Clearly slower than Durant and giannis

1. PG's a better athelte

2. What advantage are you gaining by having Ingram at 2?

In the modern NBA; Quick>Tall.

Two things that I'll monitor as time passes in regards to Ingram's potential is he's a two foot leaper and he doesn't have the most explosive bounce. Not that it will prevent him from being an All-Star, but just curious to see. But his length will make up for it, I guess.

Edit:

This is probably what as made Durant as great as he is, because he always was going to be a big time shooter. He absolutely maxed out his athletic ability.

Somewhat agree. Don't think Ingram is necessarily a two foot jumper tho. Durant is definitely the better athlete but I'd say that's only like 10% of his game and he's at his best when he keeps it simple. When he plays like that there's not much he does that Ingram can't do.

Giannis is more of a guy whose game is based on his explosion

[emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji] Lakers getting a franchise guy either way.

Ben Simmons' camp 'has no issue' with Philadelphia 76ers

Before the 2016 NBA Draft lottery's ping pong balls had even started spinning in their machine to determine the draft order, there were rumors that Ben Simmons was attempting to force his way to Los Angeles Lakers. The reason? A better shoe deal being made possible by the Los Angeles market.

The Lakers ended up with the second overall pick in the draft, meaning that if that initial report was accurate, that Simmons would only have to get past the Philadelphia 76ers if he truly wanted to end up in purple and gold. However, his eagerness to do so may have been initially overstated, as Olgun Uluc of Fox Sports Australia reports that he "was told by a source close to Ben Simmons' camp, before the lottery, that they have no issue with the market in Philadelphia."

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...s-draft-rumors-ben-simmons-philadelphia-76ers

Last edited:

Edit:

Completely agree...

AND no one knew that he was going to be able to have THAT kind of handle for his size.

Dude really is a unicorn :pimp: :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom