The NBA Draft Thread

I don't think you can give Jah a ceiling of Al Jefferson

The kids 20 years old, I think it's unfair to compare him to a finished pro

Never said that was his ceiling. Im just giving Al as his comparison. Even if that is his ceiling tho thats not bad. Al put up 20 & 10 for some seasons if i remember right

I just realized something...i did say Jahs ceiling would be Jefferson if he dont work on defense :lol:

Im buggin

Anyways i heard someone yesterday bring up trading Jah for Devin Booker & the 13th pick. What yall think bout this?

Not even close? Ok

Anyway, Odom is a much more fair projection. I could see Simmons at point guard though down the road, if it was a goal of the coaching staff

I mean, Giannis has elite athleticism. That's not a slight to Simmons. Giannis is just a freak athlete.

Who knows if they will follow the same philosophy, but under Hinkie the Sixers did believe they could mold guys into good shooters.

But they haven't really been successful with Noel, MCW, Grant, Sampson, etc.

I'd take this dude mid-late first and let him develop on my d-league squad and not think twice about it. Same w/ Maker.

Who knows if they will follow the same philosophy, but under Hinkie the Sixers did believe they could mold guys into good shooters.

Sampson form was broke. There was no fixing that lol. Grant is ok at best spotting up for 3 so i guess he improved a lil...those other guys tho :stoneface: :lol:

I think it's awesome the Grant brothers were the two worst three point shooters in the league, minimum 100 attempts.

Damn. He looks exactly like Porzingis in workouts from last year. Where's he expected to get drafted around?

20's.

Porzingis always had a naturally thicker base even when he was younger, I never though putting on weight was going to be a big deal for him.

Plus he's not a real stretch big like Porzingis was, doesn't have NBA range and is a solid athlete but not an above the rim leaper like Zinger.

I pretty much agree with all of this, (other than the shooting as I thick he's farther away than most people from that standpoint.)

The motor, toughness and mental stuff bug me but not enough for me to take Brandon Ingram who

a) may not be an elite shooter

b) has less to skills to fall back on if he isn't a high level shooter

Just take Simmons and try and teach him to shoot.

Last edited:
Ah, another guy who thinks Simmons can be a primary ball handler
Yeah, I'm all in-on Simmons, but I don't think he should be THE primary ball handler. However, I do think he could bring the ball up a good amount to switch things up, kinda like Draymond does...

I don't think you can give Jah a ceiling of Al Jefferson

The kids 20 years old, I think it's unfair to compare him to a finished pro

That's the thing tho. From what I've seen oak's offense is really advanced. I can only really see him improving his range. And even with that, he's solid at catching the ball from 10+ feet and working his way all the way to the rim. He pretty much can get a post up no matter where you throw it to him. He has a high ceiling offensively but he's already pretty close to it, I don't see him getting THAT much better offensively. Kat is similar to an extent, he mostly just needs to bulk up.

I always kinda laugh when I see people say shooting is the easiest skill to improve and then point to like Jason Kidd or some other rare example as evidence. There's so many players who leave the league with jumpers just as broke as they came in with.

Lebron right now tho is showing how Simmons could be highly effective with no jumper. Just gotta surround him with snipers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom