The NBA Draft Thread

Nike really wants Simmons in LA. I think they'll get the #1.
That's the only way they'll match adidas offer. But if the Nuggets win the lottery Ingram is a better fit. We already have mudiay and his broke jumper can't bring another poor shooter into the fold.

Ben Simmons better be good, because I can feel the sports media sharpening their pitchforks.

You play like trash down the stretch at LSU, you expose the mockery of college basketball (sports writers HATE that), and the business machinations surrounding your shoe deal are in the streets. I pray for his sake he's good because I don't want to listen to the Skip Bayless of the world ranting about Ben.

Source on this?

I wouldn't think Brandon Ingram would be that high given his struggles shooting off the dribble.

also, again: If your team wants to teach Jaylen Brown how to play basketball good for you. But not my team please. :lol:

If I'm going to try and teach someone how to play basketball I'm going with Marquese Chriss.

Last edited:
In nine trips to the lottery since 1994, the Celtics have never improved their pre-draft position, and the two visits in which they had their best chances to vault toward a top spot -- 1997 and 2007 -- ended with the team absorbing brutal gut punches.

On that I was reminded of this today as well:

Despite being awarded the first pick in last year's NBA Draft Lottery, the Minnesota Timberwolves have never officially moved up in 17 total lotteries.

First time for everything :smokin

This lottery is going to cause a ton of pain becuase if you don;'t get pick 1 or 2.

there are infinitesimal degrees of difference between picks 1-25.
Would be very interested to see different team's big boards...Draft doesn't have much star power (if any), but it is definitely full of rotation players, even into the 2nd round...

Source on this?

I wouldn't think Brandon Ingram would be that high given his struggles shooting off the dribble.

also, again: If your team wants to teach Jaylen Brown how to play basketball good for you. But not my team please. :lol:

If I'm going to try and teach someone how to play basketball I'm going with Marquese Chriss.
It was posted on Reddit so take it how you want it

Boston Celtics ready to bounce back at NBA draft lottery

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15563616/nba-boston-celtics-hoping-draft-lottery-woes-come-end

The Rick Pitino quote. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Popovich wouldn't give up Tim Duncan for those two picks, your next five picks, the revenue for the Mass. Pike for the next 50 years, the John Hancock Building and half of the city of Boston," Carr would later tell the Boston Globe.

Popovich confirmed that assessment, telling the San Antonio Express-News, "I guess if you put a package together of Larry [Bird], Michael [Jordan], and Magic [Johnson], then you could make a trade."
:rofl: draft was trash outside of TD too.

Guess they could've gone for Mac but hindsight is 20/20. Billups took forever to develop.

Last edited:
I hope this is one of the years that a team with low odds sneaks into the top 3. Would be nuts if Washington, Chicago, or Utah landed the top pick

I hope this is one of the years that a team with low odds sneaks into the top 3. Would be nuts if Washington, Chicago, or Utah landed the top pick
I been feeling this way for a min now , one of the teams supposed to be at the back end gon make that jump

Boy I got 5 Tupac spitting gifs loaded for tonight. Quoting all of you.

Chicago already got super lucky with Rose. I'd root for Washington or Utah

All these predictions are ultimately pointless.

We all know somehow or some way the Cleveland Cavaliers will end up winning the lottery.

nah, they winning, are their odds the same as the Rose draft lottery? They just have that luck
mean.gif

Ainge sweatn'
You think so ? 

Outstanding trades in lottery

— The Philadelphia 76ers receive the Los Angeles Lakers' pick if the selection falls outside of top three.

— The Boston Celtics receive the Brooklyn Nets' first-round pick (no protection).

— The Denver Nuggets can switch picks with the New York Knicks should the Knicks end up with a higher selection. The Toronto Raptors will receive the less favorable of the two picks.

— The Chicago Bulls receive the Sacramento Kings' pick if it falls outside the top 10. If the Kings finish ahead of the 76ers in the lottery, Philadelphia can switch picks with Sacramento.

— The Phoenix Suns receive the Washington Wizards' pick if it falls outside of the top nine.

Outstanding trades in lottery
— The Philadelphia 76ers receive the Los Angeles Lakers' pick if the selection falls outside of top three.
— The Boston Celtics receive the Brooklyn Nets' first-round pick (no protection).
— The Denver Nuggets can switch picks with the New York Knicks should the Knicks end up with a higher selection. The Toronto Raptors will receive the less favorable of the two picks.
— The Chicago Bulls receive the Sacramento Kings' pick if it falls outside the top 10. If the Kings finish ahead of the 76ers in the lottery, Philadelphia can switch picks with Sacramento.
— The Phoenix Suns receive the Washington Wizards' pick if it falls outside of the top nine.
Repped, thank you

Lol at the nets and the Knicks. Especially the nets

I wonder if Malik Newman will withdrawal his name, dude was th toast of you town last year at this time

Back
Top Bottom