The NBA Draft Thread

Why not take a chance on Thon late 1st or 2nd? Send him to the d-league for 2 years and hope he develops.

This draft is garbage might as well *shrug*

You know if the Spurs take him with their pick everyone is gonna kick themselves

:lol: at dudes being scared to draft Thon. Especially in THIS draft. Sure his "guard skills" are oversold....but if he wasn't so over-exposed....y'all would be hyping him right now. Some of the best things for these prospects to do is stay a mystery as long as possible. If I told you there was a 7'1 foreign 19 year old whose strengths were:

-Size
-Fluid mobility
-Good frame
-Hard worker
-Soft touch
-Good athlete

Many would buy in. I think if Thon has a good workout. Which I can see, he'd shoot to late first round...possibly a surprise in the teens.

Hmmm...the post graduate route.

IF this goes through, he'll open a lot of doors for guys who want to bypass college to get an extra year of prep ball and then declare for the draft.

Celts gotta trade whatever pick they end up with (assuming it's outside the top 2) for Okafor...It was already discussed prior to the deadline. Just need to make it a reality this offseason...

Makes sense for the Sixers too. They can take Ingram/Simmons with their pick and then either draft Murray/Dunn/Buddy or trade for veterans...

Agreed. I think Okafor for Smart + Brooklyn pic would be a fair trade for both ends.

Hmmm...the post graduate route.

IF this goes through, he'll open a lot of doors for guys who want to bypass college to get an extra year of prep ball and then declare for the draft.

The Indian kid from that one IMG in Florida got drafted last year in the second round by the Mavs. Technically, he's the most recent player to be drafted straight outta HS :lol:.

Dante Exum, and him opened up a possible loophole.

I can't remember the exact rule, or if it even still exists, but Voshon Lenard declared for the draft (didn't hire an aged), was selected by the Bucks, and went back to school to play his senior year.

I thought the rule was different for international players anyway.

The Indian dude from IMG played like 3years there. He wouldn't be considered an "international player" at that point. Theoretically, the 5th year seniors that reclassified could all do it.

Its a loophole. And more players should exploit it. Actually found an article about Johnathan Isaac (who I'm VERY HIGH ON). Coincidentl , he goes to IMG as well. He's class of 2016 HS committed to FSU....but said 2 months ago that he'd consider entering the draft.

http://jakeelman.sportsblog.com/posts/12355515/jonathan-isaac--nba-trendsetter-.html

Last edited:
Thon reminds me of Perry Jones for some reason.

Not similar at all.

Only similarities is they were elite prospects with YouTube hype...who scouts eventually soured on as time went by.

If Perry Jones could've come out of High School...he woulda been a top 5 pick.

Perry probably would have flamed out either way. He just does nothing great unfortunately

Remember last year when he had a string of 20 point games, when KD and Russ's were out....and people were hyping him again, and blaming Scott Brooks for burying him on the bench?

:lol:

Perry probably would have flamed out either way. He just does nothing great unfortunately

Remember last year when he had a string of 20 point games, when KD and Russ's were out....and people were hyping him again, and blaming Scott Brooks for burying him on the bench?

Yeah he had the free Perry campaign going. Anteto2k is everything perry was supposed to be. Or at least a less athletic version

Last edited:
I don't think Perry ever had the ball skills or vision Giannis does.

Off the chart athlete though. And 6'11 with decent ball skills and an ok jumper.

Can't find a comparrison...but the work ethic and size of a young Tim Thomas :lol:

I knew Perry didn't have his head on straight when he posted on twitter before like the big 12 championship or something that he was excited about a grade he got on a paper. :smh:

a paper?!

Aint no papers in the NBA Perry. :lol:

I don't think Perry ever had the ball skills or vision Giannis does.

Off the chart athlete though. And 6'11 with decent ball skills and an ok jumper.

Can't find a comparrison...but the work ethic and size of a young Tim Thomas :lol:

Nah Tim Thomas had a heater. Especially if Phoenix. Perry can handle the ball but he didn't have the burst alphabet does. And like okb said, son isn't a dog. I saw him play here in a pro am and he had like 8 of the most forgettable points ever. And dudes were going at his neck every play

Any Timothy Luwawu insights? Been seeing that name in these mocks a lot recently.

Perry was my guy at Baylor ...but y'all definitely right tho , he one of them just coasting type players :lol: :smh:

Gave the Clippers 32. Then got traded, fell out of the league, made his way to our D league team, somehow ended up Iowa last I checked and isn't even a D League all star. I would have thought he had a career as a rangy, versatile defender/athlete/slasher at the least. Well, I'm saying he would if he even gave a fraction of a ****.

]

Back
Top Bottom