The NBA Draft Thread

Perry had me fooled man. I remember being so disgusted when the Celtics passed on him for FAB MELO in that 2012 draft. Knew that dude was going to be trash.

Perry Jones is an example of why standing reach is the most important combine measurement.

You can't block shots with your head.

Perry Jones is 6'11 but has alligator arms and sloping shoulders, only an 8'9 standing reach.

Jabari is 6'7 and has an 8'9 standing reach, Kawhi Leonard has a 8'10 standing reach.

Jabari can play 4, because he has legit PF reach, it also makes him more functionally athletic because whatever he lacks in pure vertical he makes up with reach, Kawhi is the same way, he put up pedestrian vert numbers at the combine, but his freakish hands makes his reach insane and more functionally athletic.

Thats why prospects need to stop gaming their reach to juice upo their vert stats. :lol:

Perry Jones is an example of why standing reach is the most important combine measurement.

You can't block shots with your head.

Perry Jones is 6'11 but has alligator arms and sloping shoulders, only an 8'9 standing reach.

Jabari is 6'7 and has an 8'9 standing reach, Kawhi Leonard has a 8'10 standing reach.

Jabari can play 4, because he has legit PF reach, it also makes him more functionally athletic because whatever he lacks in pure vertical he makes up with reach, Kawhi is the same way, he put up pedestrian vert numbers at the combine, but his freakish hands makes his reach insane and more functionally athletic.

Thats why prospects need to stop gaming their reach to juice upo their vert stats. :lol:

Man, 6'11 with an 8'9 standing reach is adequate. You just trying to sound way too smart now :lol:. Perry just ain't have it. Simple.

Man, 6'11 with an 8'9 standing reach is adequate. You just trying to sound way too smart now :lol:. Perry just ain't have it. Simple.

The average standing reach for 6'11 player is 9'1.8 .

8'9 standing reach is litterally the opposite of adequate, it's terrible especially for player who's biggest selling point was size for position.

edit, whoops I messed up

Perry Jones standing reahc was 8'11 still 2 inches below average. for his hight and average for a PF.

point is Perry Jones was considered to be a big PF,when he actually was a pretty physically avearge PF.

Obviously this is not the only reason he busted. but its part of it.

Last edited:
The average standing reach for 6'11 player is 9'1.8 .

8'9 standing reach is litterally the opposite of adequate, it's terrible especially for player who's biggest selling point was size for position.

edit, whoops I messed up

Perry Jones standing reahc was 8'11 still 2 inches below average. for his hight and average for a PF.

point is Perry Jones was considered to be a big PF,when he actually was a pretty physically avearge PF.

Obviously this is not the only reason he busted. but its part of it.

View media item 1981086

NBAdraft.net isn't anymore reputable than a random NTer spouting off nonsense. :lol:

He just happned to buy the domain back when nobody cared about draft coverage on the internet. You can find a list of insane NBAdraft.net comments.

tumblr_mxb7od6sw21qznj8ho1_1280.png

ryan arcidiacono :nerd:

TJ McConnell being able to look like a decent backup NBA point guard this year gives me a lil hope he might be able to do the same. I just don't think either of them will be able to stick around for the long run with how unathletic they are.

Zach Heilprin @ZachHeilprin
Nigel Hayes will submit his name to the draft advisory committee. That feedback will determine whether he declares for the draft.

Ingram seems to be the perfect fit for the Sixers. Unlike Simmons, Imgram's skill set is very complimentary to Noel and Embiid. And if the Lakers go number 2, I still think they win with Simmons. Simmons will fit well with Clarkson and Russell spreading the floor and will be able to run the floor with Randle, although if they go small I'd rather they put Simmons at Center rather than Randle for defensive purposes.

I trust that Bryan Collangelo will make the right move.

New management will shape things up. This offseason will be very interesting for Philly.

If we can somehow trade Oakafor for Marcus Smart + Brooklyn pick and draft Kris Dunn we will be in a VERY good spot.

Noel/ Embiid
Dario Saric
Ingram/ Covington
Kris Dunn
Smart/ Ish Smith

:smokin

There were rumours that Boston was close to getting Jah, but it did not go through due to Ish's reluctance to re-sign with Boston.

If we can somehow trade Oakafor for Marcus Smart + Brooklyn pick and draft Kris Dunn we will be in a VERY good spot.
Even if they end up in the worst possible position after the lottery (which I think right now is like 6th), that's still a bad deal for the Celtics.

Just need Silver to work his magic and keep us in the top 2. Really, really want Simmons here, he may be the only friend D'Lo still has.

Even if they end up in the worst possible position after the lottery (which I think right now is like 6th), that's still a bad deal for the Celtics.

How is that a bad deal? I think it's a great deal for the Celtics. Jah has the potential to be a perennial all star and will be a force down low. Does he have his faults? Sure, but nothing that can't be learned (other than rebounding) plus the Celtics play team defence which should makeup for his shortcomings.

Smart is a role player at best, and you're telling me that anybody from 3 to 6 in this year's draft have a higher potential than Jah? Yeah right.

This is a more than fair deal for the Celtics, a deal that will improve both teams.

It's certainly an interesting trade idea. But Smart is vital to their perimeter defense.

Back
Top Bottom