The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Logan, strangely enough, gets along with folks. Dana had been on his podcast. He’s buddy with KSI now (though KSI hates Jake).

Logan is just part time in the WWE. I wonder what weight class would he fight? 185 or 170?

I can’t believe Logan and Floyd fought lol.

Sorry, my point more so is that I wouldn’t align myself with who my brother is beefing hard with.

Jake is standing up for fighters and trying to get them what they deserve. His brother out here working on some sort of deal with Dana feels strange.

Wonder what Jake thinks.

Sorry, my point more so is that I wouldn’t align myself with who my brother is beefing hard with.

Jake is standing up for fighters and trying to get them what they deserve. His brother out here working on some sort of deal with Dana feels strange.

Wonder what Jake thinks.
Just think they’re two different people, different energy.

Like KSI could be cool with Logan (after fighting him twice) but dislikes his brother.

I get it though. I don’t know much about their dynamic or relationship. Also money makes people act funny.

As many eyeballs as Logan could bring if he stepped into the Octagon to fight someone off the street I'm not sure the UFC would really want to risk another CM Punk situation. He's probably joining in some promoter role. And also yes it does seem Logan gets along with more high level people whereas Jake likes to go against the grain mostly. Jake has greatly improved in boxing these past couple years but yea he'll never be a guy deserving of a title fight imo but as we know with the UFC it's not about who's most deserving most of the time.

That’s kind of wack. I only say that becuz what does Max get from the fight?

Yair lost to Max. But if he beats Emmett, he becomes interim champion. Arnold beats Max (a tall task), he just gets behind the interim champ in line waiting for Volk to vacate or defend the FW.

Allen deserves title shot before yair/Emmett if he gets past max

Smh

After thinking about the Logan thing, I agree with everything everyone is saying in here about how can you align yourself with Dana if your brother is beefing hard with him. Money talks at the end of the day.

As a Max fan I just want to see him get a dub and put on a show. He'd really need to beef up to make any kind of run at LW as his high volume style is great for FW but he lacks the power for 55. We really saw the big power difference in the 2nd Dustin fight.

I do like Allen too so would be nice to see him get a shot later this year or next with a win. His injury and quiet demeanor seems to have held him back at this point though.

Maaaan. I wouldn’t be mad if Max moved up. Max would definitely have some matchup issues at LW. But at least we’d see new matchups for him.

Dustin probably had 10-15 pounds on him in that second fight. Dustin had the benefit of moving up and filing out at that weight. Those punches he was throwing had heft. Max was doing his usual thing but the damage he was taking was greater than usual.

I just don’t think it’s fair to Arnold. The risk/reward is just not great.

It’s wild. At this point, Alex should be the favorite. He’s got this man’s number in this sport and in kick boxing.

I think Izzy COULD win but only by point fighting and being perfect. Now if this is Usman/Edwards, I’d say Usman should be the betting favorite.

It’s wild. At this point, Alex should be the favorite. He’s got this man’s number in this sport and in kick boxing.

I think Izzy COULD win but only by point fighting and being perfect. Now if this is Usman/Edwards, I’d say Usman should be the betting favorite.
I agree with that way to victory 100%. A part of me just feels that some people just have your card. I remember when Shane Mosley was in his groove...he just could not beat Winky Wright. They could have fought 10 times and it would have been the same imo.

I’m not comparing kickboxing to mma but

Izzy probably beat Alex in their first kickboxing match, it was close regardless

Izzy almost knocked out Alex in the kickboxing rematch but the ref came in and gave Alex a standing count for no reason. Alex should have probably been knocked out if not saved by the ref

Izzy almost knocked Alex out in their first mma match and was cruising on points until the last part of the match

I don’t think it’s wild at all for izzy to be the favorite and izzy has more ways of winning than just points. He clearly almost had Alex knocked out two times

What about just taking Alex to the ground. Sort of a Jon Jones technique and just do some ground and pound. It won't be the best fight to see but a win is a win.

What about just taking Alex to the ground. Sort of a Jon Jones technique and just do some ground and pound. It won't be the best fight to see but a win is a win.
Like NCAA N’Gannou?

He could. That Alex camp would’ve been perfect to hop on to work on that and then go back to NZ. It’s not really part of his game. But definitely something he could exploit (unlike dumb pass Strickland).

I think my only question is I recall hearing Izzy saying he wanted to take time off. Could’ve just let Rob get the title shot. Decompress. Work on your game. Get more data on Alex. And if Alex wins, you get the rematch. If Rob wins, you know you have his number. It’s only been five months. Just chill. Work in the lab.

He tried to didn’t he? I had originally said don’t be surprised if izzy wrestled. I think Alex was trained well

I’m sure it could be in the cards again for the rematch

Well, not what we thought but whatever.

I think Ariel brought up Dana drinking Prime which conflicts with the monster sponsorship. So do ya still feel like it’s a conflict of interest?

Under Armour Rock Shoes, Monster, Prime, Draft Kings, Venom, etc. Them fighters are getting smacked by Dana and WME.

Vince, I don’t think any of us arguing that Izzy can’t win. We’re just looking at his luck so far. And questioning why the odds are so what they are given the past. A win is a win.

Under Armour Rock Shoes, Monster, Prime, Draft Kings, Venom, etc. Them fighters are getting smacked by Dana and WME.

To top it off, the Paul brothers probably just made more money off the UFC then any of the fighters will in their whole careers. It's like the path of making money in the UFC is to make an energy drink....not actual fighting.

Money talks, but Dana also has some weird infatuation with being “friends” or “cool” with lame young dudes like the Nelk boys.
Basically and I'm sure they'll make that Happy Dad seltzer their official Seltzer of the UFC soon. Still seems strange that The Pivot pod has them as a sponsor.

Back
Top Bottom