The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

The Bellator card this weekend is solid on paper and has some big names even on the prelims. The main card on CBS only features 3 fights but the Homasi-Ward fight could be a cracker. On the prelims you have guys like Caldwell, Corrales, Larkin and Neiman Gracie. I'll definitely be checking this out as the UFC FN is largely underwhelming but could be interesting to see if Lewis is really in better shape and also have return of Korean superboy.

Skipping MMA action this weekend since I have my kid.

But I’ll peep in here to see if there’s positive feedback on either.

I mostly only listen to JRE when MMA people are on. Even the Belal interview was okay. Can't wait too hear Paul Felder.

Tea. Aljo/Merab see Sugah. WB and Bro discuss Slap League (yawn). Ariel/JRE. Ariel had clips. I heard folks had issue with Ariel’s interview with Jamahl Hill (sp).

Derrick Lewis Media Day lol.

Last edited:
I’m sure even Dana White on behalf of his Power Slap league is interested in Francis N’Gannou.

I hope Francis gets the bag.

Izzy gonna train his wrestling nonstop between now and fight week.

And if he can’t get the fight to the ground and keep it there, it‘s going to look a lot like his fights with Romero and Cannonier.

He can win that way.

…even if the crowd hates him for it.

I respect that.

His offensive wrestling hasn’t really been proven or is a standard tool for him.

And I think he can absolutely win a decision. But he’s got to be vigilant the whole 25 minutes. Or suffer the same result as last time (dominate and then get caught in the last round). You can’t play with Alex.

I don’t see how Volkanovski can win unless he stays on the outside and makes it a really boring fight.

Maybe he catches him with the perfect punch like he did against Chad Mendes.

…but I doubt it.

Yeah, Volk isn’t exactly a KO machine.

Even worse situation than Izzy, since it’s going to take a lot of work to prevent Islam from taking him down. Islam can sub or GnP. Either can lead to a finish.

I don’t see how Volkanovski can win unless he stays on the outside and makes it a really boring fight.

Maybe he catches him with the perfect punch like he did against Chad Mendes.

…but I doubt it.
You said this and I was going through Reddit and saw this clip:

I know it was years ago (four) but Islam’s wrestling is scarier.

Why do I have to wait til midnight for the main card to start lol

Oh well, gives me a chance to watch bellator
The card was originally supposed to be in Seoul and headlined by the Korean Zombie. I guess KZ had to pull out so they moved the event back to the Apex but there are still Korean fighters on the card so they wanted to have it air at a decent time for the Korean viewers.

Weird times. Dana got more promo from slapping his wife (which is inexcusable. Adults should not put their hands on one another. And men, especially his size, should be putting their hands on women).

And the Power Slap league has gotten more promo as well. Guess he doesn’t want it to fail.

Meanwhile, the fight to determine the P4P #1 guy in MMA is under the radar. Guess they won’t mind if I light a lamp.

Back
Top Bottom