The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Aaron bronstetter hit the paddy fight dead on

Not a robbery

Round 1 was absolutely a Gordon round and was a farce that judges gave it to paddy and rounds 2 and 3 were close (Aaron gave round 3 to paddy due to damage)

Gordon probably should have won but it was a close fight overall

A close fight cannot be a robbery

As Paddy would say, “everyone has opinions just like…”

He won, no one thinks he did, who cares at this point

Eh I don’t care that much but people seem to scream robbery and it was just reactionary

When you break the fight down it was close which means not robbery

Wonder if they match Paddy up with someone not even top 20 again? The UFC obviously doesn't want to see him get KO'ed at this point when they are trying to build him up. Someone with even slightly heavier hands than Gordon would take him out as that left was finding a home so many times the first two rounds.

I didn't watch the entire video, because watching 10 seconds of it make me want to puke.

But did he at any point say, "I don't want to make excuses...but."?

I don't know about Covid denier, but anti-masker, anti-vaxxer...mos def.

...love them ar-kansans.

They don't come no smarter.

He pretty much said that and said that he wish he never took the fight.

At first dude's wildness was a spectacle in itself just due to the fact that the sport has never seen such a weirdo

At this point though it's old and not even worthy of listening to what he has to say

As a fighter he peaked and unfortunately for him, has pillow hands. He doesn't even have the sting of the Diaz brothers on those punches

Him and Cannonier both peaked. Not interested in the least in this fight

I was listening to that Rosas kid. Didn’t knew he dropped out of high school to pursue his career in MMA. I hope the career blooms and he becomes a millionaire.

But MMA literally attracts the dregs of society. I’m not saying there’s not some noble and good people. But man…listening to Sean Strickland, Bryce Mitchell, Paddy the Baddy, the current Conor McGregor, etc. Some of these folks chasing Kanye.

That's just the nature of cage fighting lol

Course you have your Wonderboy's here and there and yes MMA is becoming more main stream so you'll have more "normal" people get on the scene... but probably for a while or forever, a majority of the fighters are going to be savages out of the cage (and probably not the highest IQ)

I do not give a rat's *** about that either. I don't watch the sport to see nice "educated" people fight each other

When Jon was in his prime- yes it is absolutely terrible the things he did but I wasn't calling for him to be banned from the sport at all lol and it certainly wasn't a turnoff to following the sport

Him and Cannonier both peaked. Not interested in the least in this fight
I agree mostly with this assessment but think if Sean imposes a smarter gameplan he could take Cannonier down and grind out the W. That said I do have low expectations in the bout and wouldn't be surprised if it was boring, will still likely watch though. Rest of card has some decent matchups with Arman returning, the Caceres/Erosa fight should be entertaining and Green-Dober could be a banger.

I agree mostly with this assessment but think if Sean imposes a smarter gameplan he could take Cannonier down and grind out the W. That said I do have low expectations in the bout and wouldn't be surprised if it was boring, will still likely watch though. Rest of card has some decent matchups with Arman returning, the Caceres/Erosa fight should be entertaining and Green-Dober could be a banger.
Arman v Damir is nuts. I can't believe they matched them boys up, they didn't need to do that at all. Knocking off contenders for no reason

Aaron bronstetter hit the paddy fight dead on

Not a robbery

Round 1 was absolutely a Gordon round and was a farce that judges gave it to paddy and rounds 2 and 3 were close (Aaron gave round 3 to paddy due to damage)

Gordon probably should have won but it was a close fight overall

A close fight cannot be a robbery
Called it a robbery on fight night but it's really more so a very bad decision. None of those judges should of had Paddy winning that 1st round.

Called it a robbery on fight night but it's really more so a very bad decision. None of those judges should of had Paddy winning that 1st round.
Yup I get it, people are mad and wonder how the criteria can lead to a paddy win

I’m usually the loudest in the room about changing the criteria but imo the fight was always close if you score it round by round under the rules

I’ve for years said PRIDE scoring is the best- you simply judge the fight as a whole not worrying about anything else

I don’t care if people think Gordon won, But it was still a close fight

Paddy was landing shots in the third round even being tied up. I don’t know how these guys record “significant strikes” lol but I felt he landed more than Gordon in the last round

Back
Top Bottom