The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I know the issue but why hasn’t the ufc pushed the commissions to hire judges with mma background knowledge. This isn’t 15 years ago.. there is good money in the sport and so much being left on the table with employing bad judges.
I imagine it’s like the county. These folks aren’t going to be pushed out of their positions easily or if at all

Yeah…it’s kind of wild. They say they’re not boxing. But then they’re boxing when it comes to athletic commissions, referees, and judges. They could be like…we hire our own referees and judges.

The only other option is to be like California and have seminars and mandate these clowns attend. And then evaluate them to certify.

Dana saying what you want me to do. Or was it a robbery is just baffling.

It’s like the gloves when mad folks were getting poked in the eye. They could fix the gloves. It literally takes catastrophes or federal government intervention to really affect change in MMA.

The commissions don't care, they do what they want. People criticize judges all the time.
The ufc has leverage though.. they should demand it from the states. They are dumping a ton of economic stimulus.. I really don’t think they care enough.

Good catch. I went to the actual page and the like count is definitely close. Guess you need a browser extension to see the dislikes.

The ufc has leverage though.. they should demand it from the states. They are dumping a ton of economic stimulus.. I really don’t think they care enough.
It’s like boxing, which people have hated the judging and corruption for way longer. Probably a lot of political BS. These commissions hate having to improve or admit any wrongdoing. Still can’t even get them to make 12-6 elbow strikes legal. Not even sure if every state follows the unified rules.

Was never a fan of that paddy guy but seems many were amused by him getting fat inbetween fights and him vlogging about eating a lot of food. So he’s a british Man Vs. Food but the douchebag version.

Dude was unlikable since Day 1, MMA fans gotta stop getting behind anyone who is loud and has a quirky accent
27lkpom5bhp81.jpg

chv15xku9so81.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-12 081719.png

I forgot about the Mokaev exchange. The Topuria doesn’t help either.

I never picked him to be the next McGregor (just doesn’t have the wit, flair, swag, and pedigree) but I thought he was an interesting prospect with the hair, the entrance and chill vibe. But low key is becoming a heel and someone you want to see get their butt whipped.

Actually don’t think paddy is hitting with the USA fans

At least from the Vegas crowd, he wasn’t getting cheers at the end. Maybe from English fans but people seemed to side with Gordon

I think people know paddy isn’t a good fighter lol so that might have a lot to do with it

I mean obviously the English love him but I don’t think he’s a crossover hit

At least from the Vegas crowd, he wasn’t getting cheers at the end. Maybe from English fans but people seemed to side with Gordon

I think people know paddy isn’t a good fighter lol so that might have a lot to do with it

His following in the US is more Barstool related but once he gets dusted they will stop hyping him and look for something else... I can see a Till-esque fall for him which to me was always the comparison

His following in the US is more Barstool related but once he gets dusted they will stop hyping him and look for something else... I can see a Till-esque fall for him which to me was always the comparison
That makes sense

I don’t even know if paddy will get as good a win as till got with cowboy

Let alone fighting a real contender like wonderboy and competing

Till is mid but paddy is even steps below that

The UFC has to bet on new emerging stars. I think the elephant in the room is his actual competitive ceiling.

The thing is they have some good UK fighters like Arnold, Aspinal, Edwards, etc.

Mokaev could become something at FW.

Europe wise, UFC is healthy. They got guys in France, Switzerland, Dagestan, Russia, Poland, UK, etc.

If they’re trying to get another McGregor, Paddy isn’t it. Joe’s face said it all in that reaction video. For Dana, it’s all about hitting a multi fight parlay while paying the guy $12 and $12.

Bryce vs topuria was a great upcoming contender match but….

Arman vs damir >>>>>

What a crazy *** matchup. I kind of hate it. They didn’t need to pair them up at all

Maybe it takes some fights or even who he fights. Zhang was getting so much hate from Rose on their last two fights but fighting Carla, the US fans backed her. I am sure it has to do with her fighting Carla but I wonder if she fights Rose again, that the tables would have turned since Rose's fight was that bad.

Maybe it takes some fights or even who he fights. Zhang was getting so much hate from Rose on their last two fights but fighting Carla, the US fans backed her. I am sure it has to do with her fighting Carla but I wonder if she fights Rose again, that the tables would have turned since Rose's fight was that bad.
Idk. there was that Chinese genocide going on when zhang got hate

Plus zhang is a killer, she’s not a facade, she’s a real contender and champion

xbiker47 xbiker47 was there this weekend - he can confirm it was 90% Paddy at opening bell - will let him comment

People on Ariel's post fight podcast who were there also said overwhelming the crowd was there for Paddy, and even after the decision there weren't any boos or negativity.
I think we forget most of us in this thread are more into MMA than the casual fanbase. I'm betting more people didn't know about the whole thing with Ariel vs those who did. It's Vegas, it's a fight weekend, tons of people will buy tickets just to attend something and be there.

Back
Top Bottom