The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

:rofl:

CE84F216-EDD0-45E6-BB97-FB1CAF75184A.gif

Ank would have ran away with the W if he didn’t stand in Jan’s face for three rounds. Fool really thought he was gonna put Jan away on the feet. Polish power is real. He probably could have finished Jan by just taking him down and beating him up.

Can’t see if happening… ufc gonna milk this scouse cash cow just a little while longer.

A majority of mma voices had Gordon winning

Still think rounds 2 and 3 were close, have no issue with folks saying Gordon won. But, if rounds 2 and 3 were close then…

These smart people didn’t seem convinced either way

How could Paddy have won the 3rd? Both didn't do much, but for 4 minutes 30 seconds Gordon was in the more dominant position.
If both fighters do nothing, then they look at Octagon control.

The 1st round wasn't that close either for me. Gordon hit him more and hit him harder.
After every robbery there's always a portion of people who can go back, slow down everything and convince themselves it wasn't a robbery. If 99% of people thought it was a clear robbery in the moment I feel like that's pretty telling.

How can this sport be taken serious with judges like this? What’s worse is the ufc knows how bad they are and does nothing about it
The athletic commissions are in charge of the judges though. We know the commissions are too damn prideful and stubborn to make improvements.

The athletic commissions are in charge of the judges though. We know the commissions are too damn prideful and stubborn to make improvements.
I know the issue but why hasn’t the ufc pushed the commissions to hire judges with mma background knowledge. This isn’t 15 years ago.. there is good money in the sport and so much being left on the table with employing bad judges.

How could Paddy have won the 3rd? Both didn't do much, but for 4 minutes 30 seconds Gordon was in the more dominant position.
If both fighters do nothing, then they look at Octagon control.

The 1st round wasn't that close either for me. Gordon hit him more and hit him harder.
After every robbery there's always a portion of people who can go back, slow down everything and convince themselves it wasn't a robbery. If 99% of people thought it was a clear robbery in the moment I feel like that's pretty telling.
Third round I felt that paddy landed more. I don’t give the stalling on the cage or holding him down enough for Gordon to win the round but if people did, again, I don’t argue it

Fact is it was still a round with little convincing on either end

I was trying to figure out if Dana and the UFC were overreacting to Krause and just putting as much distance between them and him as possible for legal reasons

But if Krause really did some stuff where he ends up in Federal Prison that's some next level hustling backwards

I listened to the one hour dissertation from Ariel on Monday. Yeah, when you got the FBI, Provinces in Canada, US State Athletic Commissions (NJ and Nevada) involved, plus you have a huge partner in Draft Kings, it’s a big deal.

I guess One, PFL, and Bellator are lucky. The Heat is only on the UFC and it seems to be focused on James Krause. But I’m sure fight fixing and insider information is rife in MMA. Krause is the sacrificial lamb.

I know the issue but why hasn’t the ufc pushed the commissions to hire judges with mma background knowledge. This isn’t 15 years ago.. there is good money in the sport and so much being left on the table with employing bad judges.
The commissions don't care, they do what they want. People criticize judges all the time.

Back
Top Bottom