The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I will say my friends who have been PRO Paddy are no longer. Both casuals and hardcore.

Tells me everything I need to know

People on Ariel's post fight podcast who were there also said overwhelming the crowd was there for Paddy, and even after the decision there weren't any boos or negativity.
I think we forget most of us in this thread are more into MMA than the casual fanbase. I'm betting more people didn't know about the whole thing with Ariel vs those who did. It's Vegas, it's a fight weekend, tons of people will buy tickets just to attend something and be there.
Eh, I watched the BT Sport review show and they're English based. They all said Paddy lost fans and fans were turning against him after the decision which they said has never happened for Paddy in his career

Bro. I’d be happy to see that fight. Great grudge match. Puts Masvidal in a headliner role due to his pay and there’s a back story that started in the UK.

Meritocracy wise…obviously Khamzat is a better choice. So is Colby. Sadly Gilbert hasn’t fought since the Khamzat fight. Belal is another decent grudge match.

idk who those MMA Island guys are but I think I'll wait to see if it's reported anywhere else before believing it

guess we'll see how credible Wonderboy's word is too lol

Didn’t Mike Heck allude to something “special” for the March UK card? Might be what he was talking about.

Wild Usman still having hand issues.

Didn’t know big John’s son was a judge, let alone a judge in the paddy fight lol

“My son was one of the judges and he asked me and I said you got that wrong, I thought Jared Gordon won 29-28. First round, in that fight, Jared Gordon hit Paddy Pimblett with a left hook like it was a magnet,” McCarthy said on Weighing In. “He hit him over, and over and over again and he stung him. You could see it. Paddy has his things but, I think you came up with the actual right thing and this can happen with a judge when you are sitting there. You are getting the crowd to respond every time Paddy does something. Truthfully, Paddy did not punch as many times as Jared Gordon. He did not land as much as Jared Gordon. And the shots he landed were not as good as what Jared Gordon landed.”

Didn’t know big John’s son was a judge, let alone a judge in the paddy fight lol

“My son was one of the judges and he asked me and I said you got that wrong, I thought Jared Gordon won 29-28. First round, in that fight, Jared Gordon hit Paddy Pimblett with a left hook like it was a magnet,” McCarthy said on Weighing In. “He hit him over, and over and over again and he stung him. You could see it. Paddy has his things but, I think you came up with the actual right thing and this can happen with a judge when you are sitting there. You are getting the crowd to respond every time Paddy does something. Truthfully, Paddy did not punch as many times as Jared Gordon. He did not land as much as Jared Gordon. And the shots he landed were not as good as what Jared Gordon landed.”
Yeah it’s crazy how people genuinely see the fights differently.

Couple of my friends were split as well.

I personally thought paddy lost the 1st and lost a close 3rd

Unanimous is kinda wild, I wouldn’t have been mad at a split either way.

Yeah it’s crazy how people genuinely see the fights differently.

Couple of my friends were split as well.

I personally thought paddy lost the 1st and lost a close 3rd

Unanimous is kinda wild, I wouldn’t have been mad at a split either way.
Yea, the fact that it was a unanimous decision for Paddy really makes it a robbery.

Yea, the fact that it was a unanimous decision for Paddy really makes it a robbery.
I agree, was listening to the MK pod yesterday and Luke brought up how the judges can be swayed by crowd reaction and if a fighter is throwing a barrage of punches even if most don't land this can also have the judges see it in one fighters favor. They also talked about a Diego Sanchez fight where he was clearly outlanded but since he threw punches in bunches that even though not landing the judges saw it as him being the more dominant fighter.

The judging criteria definitely needs to be changed and from the One MMA fights I think the UFC could learn a thing or two about how they judge bouts. I know that is a huge longshot though.

Connecticut commission might actually do something . Would be surprised if Vegas did

Real talk. Whatever.

They need to shun the dude like they did Whatever Bird, Steve Mazagatti, etc. Show there is a consequences for not being honorable and hard working in this crucial job.

The other thing is they need to change the judging criteria.

Like I said, can’t say we’re MMA but still cling to boxing conventions like athletic commissions choosing the referees, judges, the stupid medicals, a 10-must scoring criteria, etc. Change the game.

:lol: not saying he got covid but isnt he covid/vax denier
I didn't watch the entire video, because watching 10 seconds of it make me want to puke.

But did he at any point say, "I don't want to make excuses...but."?

I don't know about Covid denier, but anti-masker, anti-vaxxer...mos def.

...love them ar-kansans.

They don't come no smarter.

Dude was unlikable since Day 1, MMA fans gotta stop getting behind anyone who is loud and has a quirky accent
27lkpom5bhp81.jpg

chv15xku9so81.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-12 081719.png
Soooo...Paddy Pimblett is an ignorant racist xenophobe from the working class streets of Liverpool.

...this is just shocking.

Paddy trying to follow the conor/colby route. That outcome does not help, even though it is W

Back
Top Bottom