The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Even if that story about Dana trying to convince Conor to go back down, Dana still ended up giving whatever Conor wanted 
laugh.gif
 Tool. Good for Conor though

McGregor's still salty that Nate blew up his dreams of calling out GSP the first go round.  Unfortunately for Conor, I don't envision this bout going any differently.  His best chance of beating Diaz was in that first encounter when Nate only had 10 days of prep time.  Get a full camp in him and Nate's going to look even better. 

Connor gunna put 20 sheets in the bank and slink off into the sunset. Hes smarter than he looks. He could give a flying **** about a title lmao

Frankie and aldo should hop the fence when the bell rings and jump him lol

edgar was hurt though and there was no reason for aldo to step in after getting knocked out two months ago. he probably wouldn't even get cleared.

Wouldnt be cleared two months post fight after that baby left? If thats the case he needs to retire asap.

Anyway I just realized we spend way too much time analyzing the matchmaking. Anything McGregor related is a cash grab. Its always what can we do right nowww to make the most cash. And tbh its working swimmingly for both parties.

Frankie and the rest of the 145 division arnt worth combined what Connor is to them. And he and Lorenzo and Dana all know it. Connor is done cuttin weight imho could see him fighting Anderson for sure in 6 months if and when he gets worked over again by Diaz

Last edited:
Connor gunna put 20 sheets in the bank and slink off into the sunset. Hes smarter than he looks. He could give a flying **** about a title lmao

Frankie and aldo should hop the fence when the bell rings and jump him lol
I feel the worst for Frankie as he's getting screwed over the most by McGregor/Diaz 2.  Conor shouldn't be able to keep that weight class on hold like this.  I'd heard Aldo had been offered another shot @ Conor and wanted nothing to do w/ it.  A lot of these Brazilian fighters aren't what they used to be now that USADA is here.

Last edited:
The guy is getting his title shot, what are you talking about. Edgar beats Aldo, he's the interim champ. Dana doesn't stay to his word and make Conor fight the winner next, then the interim champ is now the legit champ. How exactly is he getting screwed over?

The guy is getting his title shot, what are you talking about. Edgar beats Aldo, he's the interim champ. Dana doesn't stay to his word and make Conor fight the winner next, then the interim champ is now the legit champ. How exactly is he getting screwed over?
You're Conor stanism is blinding your logic.

How does an interim title fight make sense if the champ is still actively fighting?

You're Conor stanism is blinding your logic.

How does an interim title fight make sense if the champ is still actively fighting?

Nah I don't have a lifesize cutout of Conor in my bed Mrs. Ziggler!

At the end of the day It's basic business, Diaz-McGregor 2 will generate more money/attention/buys than McGregor/Edgar. It's so simple but you guys keep complaining. The franchise player gets to make ridiculous demands even in defeat. See LeBron James.

The only reason they're making it an Interim Title fight is to appease you Connor detractors and so called purists. I can only imagine the number of thinkpieces if they only made that fight a #1 contender's match.

Waiting to see Connor/Edgar in October isn't going to kill anyone.

Nah I don't have a lifesize cutout of Conor in my bed Mrs. Ziggler!

At the end of the day It's basic business, Diaz-McGregor 2 will generate more money/attention/buys than McGregor/Edgar. It's so simple but you guys keep complaining. The franchise player gets to make ridiculous demands even in defeat. See LeBron James.

The only reason they're making it an Interim Title fight is to appease you Connor detractors and so called purists. I can only imagine the number of thinkpieces if they only made that fight a #1 contender's match.

Waiting to see Connor/Edgar in October isn't going to kill anyone.
Because you of all people in this thread should know better. Those short term, quick cash grabs are BAD for long term business. The WWE is a PRIME example. 

Having a champ who doesn't defend the belt and walks around getting his every demand met negatively impacts the legitimacy of your sport. Stars come and go but the TITLE stays. 

And the fact that a conor vs nate rematch at 170 lbs is the MAIN EVENT over the damn FW title? come the **** on. 

nah, dude just rolled into mma and was basically a newbie that won the chip. throw in the diverticulitis and the fact that he wasn't able to train like he wanted to, the guy accomplished more than anyone predicted. nothing fake about brock.

go on with that **** man.. he had the best background to come into mma with especially at HW... he didn't run through some murderer's row. beat a broken down heath, gifted a shot, beat geriatric small *** randy to win the title then beat fragile mir and carwin.. he chose to train without getting hit and you saw what happened when he ran into the hitters. he outta here :lol: **** woulda got ugly if he had to face JDS.

Eh, you're acting like his opponents were crap to make your argument better. He beat who was available. Can't knock someone for not fighting who wasn't there. Someone new to the sport came in and beat people with way more experience and got the belt. I would say that's awesome and rare.

The irish fella dumb as hell if he wanted to fight gsp. Yeah it would've been a huge payday but millions would get to see that fool embarrassed. He'd be on his back the whole time or eating jabs for 25 minutes.

The irish fella dumb as hell if he wanted to fight gsp. Yeah it would've been a huge payday but millions would get to see that fool embarrassed. He'd be on his back the whole time or eating jabs for 25 minutes.

Hes all about the cash man he dont care

And as to how is Frankie gettin screwed... its fairly obvious fighting Aldo will be 1/100th of the payday fighting Connor would be. Not to mentiom hes EARNED the right to fight for the real title now. He loses then what? Loses out on millions and a real title shot... seems fair :eyeroll

Frankie should challenge dana to a fight like how tito challenged him to an exhibition boxing match. Dude keeps denying him a big payday and the titleshot that he earned.

Fight is likely at 170 again so that McGregor can try to force a RDA fight after because he never lost at 155 in the UFC.

Trash either way.

for all the work he's put in promoting himself and the ufc and bringing the $, conor should get whatever fight he wants. sucks for frankie, who i'd like to see, but i can't knock his hustle. ufc been screwing their fighters out of their pays, refreshing to see someone that can make serious money in this sport

I don't think it's stacked at all tbh, not trying to hate

Welterweight Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor
Featherweight José Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar [a]
Heavyweight Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne
Welterweight Johny Hendricks vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Middleweight Gegard Mousasi vs. Derek Brunson
Lightweight Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon
Lightweight Takanori Gomi vs. Jim Miller

Nope card doesn't look stacked to me either 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom