The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

frown.gif

No but seriously, it would have been awesome for him to defend his belt. There deserves to be an outcry IMO, sorry if it comes off as whining

People "whining" because if that was anyone else they'd strip. I don't think Conor had any intentions of going back to 145 he should just vacate it and let the division get a champ who will stay and defend it.

What happens when he loses to Nate again? Finally a defense? Maybe a shot at RDA for the 155 strap? Would eem be surprised.

Just gimme a time and a exact place! You'll be missing your other ear when it's all done! I predict deez timgz!

Meh. Conor better hope Dana's head isn't still in his lap when Diaz starts throwing those bombs or he'll be challenging Cyborg for the upcoming 145lb ladies belt.

I can't be upset with a guy who has managed to find a way to dictate everything on his terms. UFC/Dana is notorious for rinsing their mouths with fighters and spitting them out when they aren't worth anything anymore. It is about time the shoe is on the other foot. I feel like most fighter outcry stems from the fact that they wish they were in Conor's position.

Conor has found a way to work the machine. Everyone else needs to find a way to do the same.

It's not whinin if it's a stupid fight to make and fans would rather see other fights be made.

I don't know if this is about fighter outcry anymore. It's about the fans... the UFC was doing a great job 90% of the time, that is 9/10 times they would make matches that made sense, the matches that we wanted to see

Even though they were all about making money more than not they didn't make too many illogical matches. Especially for a champion

Last edited:
Even though I see how it makes sense, just consider this the 1/10. They are about to do numbers! I just hope no one gets injured.

Also Edgar & Aldo are both **** because they were "injured" and wouldn't step in. We probably wouldn't be even having this debate right now if they manned up.

Even though I see how it makes sense, just consider this the 1/10. They are about to do numbers! I just hope no one gets injured.

Also Edgar & Aldo are both **** because they were "injured" and wouldn't step in. We probably wouldn't be even having this debate right now if they manned up.
edgar was hurt though and there was no reason for aldo to step in after getting knocked out two months ago. he probably wouldn't even get cleared.

i knew ufc was done doing sensible **** years ago when they gave brock the title shot after beating heath.
laugh.gif

UFC 200 was supposed to be the card for the fans. Super fights, title fights, Cyborg, GSP...

I don't know, I guess it just bothers me because of how short these windows are. Frankie and Aldo aren't getting younger, and yeah they didn't step up to fight on one week's notice, but they will be healthy for July

It paid off for them though since he beat the champ and held the belt until he faced velasquez. His first loss to mir was some bs. mazzagotti was lucky Brock didn't suplex him out the octagon.

Saw that it hasn't been discussed but Ariel hinted on the MMA hour that he was fired from his position at UFC on Fox and didn't leave on his own accord

Apparently the UFC didn't like him consigning Rory testing free agency

Saw that it hasn't been discussed but Ariel hinted on the MMA hour that he was fired from his position at UFC on Fox and didn't leave on his own accord

Apparently the UFC didn't like him consigning Rory testing free agency

That's ridiculous. So they expect the most well known mma journalist to kiss the company's butt at all times? They are such a petty company. The nfl and nba get criticized all the time.

he wouldve broken that conor/diaz sooner, but he didnt want to out of respect to the ufc. this was a few days before them splitting.
ufc was his part-time gig, so it wasn't a total loss
guess he broke it anyways :lol:

Was nothing fraudulant about it. Hard to be a fake champ in the sport because you actually have to beat people.
he only defended against carwin and mir... mir folds after any adversity and carwin was basically a dead fish after beating his *** in the first... not really the most impressive resume to me.

Last edited:
It's not the most impressive but not fraudulant either. mir has been champion and one of the best hw's ever. Brock came into the sport and became champion and beat guys with way more experience than him. Dude is one of the best athletes we've ever seen in sports.

Was nothing fraudulant about it. Hard to be a fake champ in the sport because you actually have to beat people.
he only defended against carwin and mir... mir folds after any adversity and carwin was basically a dead fish after beating his *** in the first... not really the most impressive resume to me.

nah, dude just rolled into mma and was basically a newbie that won the chip. throw in the diverticulitis and the fact that he wasn't able to train like he wanted to, the guy accomplished more than anyone predicted. nothing fake about brock.

Last edited:
So Conor's pride is the only reason this fight is at 170? Seems like he just wants to prove he could do it.
Seems like he aint interested in giving Aldo a longer match and doesn't want to deal with Frankie's wrestling

Seems like he's scared to lose his belt, since he can lose and still be champ

Last edited:
He should give back the belt if he loses. Can't lose twice and have a belt 
laugh.gif
 to Nate Diaz no less

Nate's a good fighter but he aint no champ material 

Back
Top Bottom