The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Dana and co. really on the Vince McMahon steez. 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

As a casual fan, I was hoping Conor would do a rematch with Nate. Though, Conor Vs. Frankie and Nate Vs. RDA at 200 would've been nice too.

Last edited:
Either they really believe in Conor, or they really don't believe in him anymore and they're looking to cash out. This is like do or die for Conor. You aint breaking anymore gate records if you get stopped twice by Nate Diaz.

Or maybe Conor and his camp are so nervous about going back down to 145 and getting wrestlef***ed by Frankie that they're willing to just go for a guaranteed payday against Nate again.

Weird matchmaking but **** it, definitely happy to see Nate getting another huge payday.
Actually Nate is still technically the easier fight than say Frankie rda or even Aldo

They are really keeping him away from Frankie cuz they know he'd ruin Conor for 5 rounds

I feel like Frankie would work him but it's the slightly easier fight because he can 1 punch KO him.. I don't think he can do that to Nate.

UFC should let Frankie and Aldo fight for the interim belt at UFC 200 and then after Conor loses to Nate again, then unify the FW belt afterwards

Why tf would they fight for the interim belt if the current champ is still active? They should just strip Conor of the belt tbh, how are you the 145 lb champ and you have two straight fights at 170? I mean we all know the UFC has been on some WWE **** for years, but this is a joke :smh:

Last edited:
True, I just think Frankie's style out weighs his chances of getting ko'd

Conor rematches Nate and should be much wiser in the standup game as to not wind up his punches and put all his energy into power shots. Will be a different fight IMO but Nate gained my respect for sure much more than I was giving him. Will be closer than their first even with a real camp for Nate

Last edited:
True, I just think Frankie's style out weighs his chances of getting ko'd

Conor rematches Nate and should be much wiser in the standup game as to not wind up his punches and put all his energy into power shots. Will be a different fight IMO but Nate gained my respect for sure much more than I was giving him. Will be closer than their first even with a real camp for Nate
I don't think there's anything Conor can do against Nate honestly except work the leg. He's not going to win the hand to hand battle.

dana got this boy **** down his throat something serious

Either they really believe in Conor, or they really don't believe in him anymore and they're looking to cash out. This is like do or die for Conor. You aint breaking anymore gate records if you get stopped twice by Nate Diaz.

Or maybe Conor and his camp are so nervous about going back down to 145 and getting wrestlef***ed by Frankie that they're willing to just go for a guaranteed payday against Nate again.

Weird matchmaking but **** it, definitely happy to see Nate getting another huge payday.

Actually Nate is still technically the easier fight than say Frankie rda or even Aldo

They are really keeping him away from Frankie cuz they know he'd ruin Conor for 5 rounds

See I mighta agreed with you before they fought but now...gotta disagree man. You can't underemphasize the fact that Conor's biggest strengths have been his size, his reach and his power. Nate is the only guy that's taller and longer, and like everybody else was saying he already proved that he can eat Conor's left hand and keep moving. Conor even admitted that he panicked when he realized he couldn't take him out, that's huge. And he was definitely having trouble with Nate's reach.

So basically, barring anything crazy like an injury off an oblique kick or something like that, in order to beat Nate he probably has to actually outpoint him over 5 rounds. And I think Nate is the better boxer, which makes it even worse for Conor, because he definitely doesn't wanna take it to the ground. Not saying Conor can't get the win, but he has to really come out there and fight a great fight, Nate is not a great matchup for him on paper.

I do think RDA could be tougher than Nate as long as his chin holds up, but with Frankie and Jose, I think he can KO them. Nobody can convince me Frankie's chin can handle Conor's shots after Gray Maynard had him falling all over the cage in TWO different fights, and we already have proof Conor can spark Aldo. I think it's RDA & Nate > Frankie & Jose

Last edited:
conor got nothing for nate.....

if nate really wanted to he could get conor on the ground an sub him in the first, his confidence over conor has got to be through the roof.

Im actually liking this fight more I think about it.

We get to see conor really tested without the machine behind him....

we finally get to see how conor reacts when his back is against the wall and the odds arent in his favor.....this is big when determining who is really who as a complete or "p4p" fighter.

Conor is far from complete, his rise is reminding me of pettis alot.....hand fed opponents that catered to his style....once he had a 50/50 fight aspects of his game were exposed and the memo went out to the whole division.....essentially pettis is food right now, doods looking to use him as a climbing stone....and with a blueprint on how to beat him...cant blame them.

Conor is entering similar territory.......he NEEDS this fight or hes going to slip backwards just as fast as he came up.

Last edited:
"Falling all over the cage" does not = KO though.

Does Conor have the power @ 145 to possibly KO Frankie? Sure.

Have we ever seen him get KO'd? No.

Not sure why anyone would be so certain about one OR the other happening.

Last edited:
I look at it as Conor fighting wiser in the rematch. He was touching nates chin, if he doesn't spam the knockout uppercut lefts he can conserve the energy and continue to keep his movement while picking his shots

Defensively Conor's chin is definitely suspect against the bigger fighters. However if Conor doesn't exhaust himself he can keep his range and movement to combat that

Back
Top Bottom