The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I don’t think Dan hardy was necessarily right- I mean he picked sterling to win lol

Sterling was trying to make the fight entertaining and got away from his base to “make it an exciting fight”

He explained that O’Malley meanwhile stuck to his game plan and that if Sterling stuck to the outside fans would be complaining

It is what it is- no excuses on his part he took the loss like a man

ref save aljo from further damage. probably would've stopped it earlier if it weren't a title fight

I have never seen them post PPV finishes on their social media. They are clearly emptying the tank and pushing the pedal to the floor on pushing OMalley. Plus they don't really care or like Sterling

Again though- I wonder just how much power and sway they'll give Omalley. He's coming up in a different era than those before him, the ESPN era don't really make it so they're ultra dependent on the super duper star

chito hasn't been looking too hot lately, i'm sure ufc will jump on booking him and sean for december with conor/chandler and jiri/poatan still up in the air.

He’s calling his shot- and sounds very convinced tank will happen

In the new espn era it’ll be interesting to see how much Dana bends to a new blockbuster star

I doubt Tank happens

Tank is not stepping in a cage. UFC is not paying Tank to step into a cage

Dana is not gonna let O'Malley step into a boxing ring to be put to sleep

I doubt Tank happens

Tank is not stepping in a cage. UFC is not paying Tank to step into a cage

Dana is not gonna let O'Malley step into a boxing ring to be put to sleep
Yeah who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if it somehow happened in boxing though. O'Malley could pull a Francis at some point and simply leave. He definitely isn't a sucker when it comes to money

He's long been wise to the prize fighting game. He fired his whole management just to get to keep all of his money. He has always made it clear he is in this to get money and that's it. We'll learn more about his contract with the UFC and how long he's stuck there for

If Dana lets the rainbow kid box, fighters ought to revolt. McNugget did it and has been an embarrassment to MMA ever since.

He blocked Ngannou and Ngannou is in a better position than the UFC would ever have gotten him to.

Between Garry and O’Malley winning, I think I am taking a break from MMA. Their fans and Dana bout to be more insufferable than ever. Hope the class action suit causes major rifts.

Never engage with the masses bro. That goes for any sport :lol:

I'm hoping the UFC doesn't go full rouge. Honestly don't think they've done that much. For the most part they've made the right fights

The Conor thing- for whatever anyone says about it good or bad- Conor came back and rightfully fought Khabib. The division straightened itself out in the right way

Yeah who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if it somehow happened in boxing though. O'Malley could pull a Francis at some point and simply leave. He definitely isn't a sucker when it comes to money

He's long been wise to the prize fighting game. He fired his whole management just to get to keep all of his money. He has always made it clear he is in this to get money and that's it. We'll learn more about his contract with the UFC and how long he's stuck there for

I think before Petr yan fight sean signed a new 7 fight deal or something like that. I don’t think he’ll ever get to free agency. Will continue to sign new deals for more money.

I think before Petr yan fight sean signed a new 7 fight deal or something like that. I don’t think he’ll ever get to free agency. Will continue to sign new deals for more money.
We’ll see, now that he’s champ he can leverage a tad more in negotiations. Every fight can be a new contract maybe even less fights

I'm not a fan of Sterling. Dude is a phony ....

Suprised he had a couple of title defenses ....

Held Yan and Cejudo was rusty AF.

**** him.
Christ, he's that unlikable??

Sterling seems like an actually genuine good person. As far as his fighting- he started off boring for sure- he was always this up and comer but I never found him to be very fun to watch

He did however choke out Sandhagen, dominated both Yan and Cejudo. That's pretty damb good

O'Malley arguably lost against Yan

It's sad that someone like Sterling can garner this much negativity from MMA and casual fans alike

Christ, he's that unlikable??

Sterling seems like an actually genuine good person. As far as his fighting- he started off boring for sure- he was always this up and comer but I never found him to be very fun to watch

He did however choke out Sandhagen, dominated both Yan and Cejudo. That's pretty damb good

O'Malley arguably lost against Yan

It's sad that someone like Sterling can garner this much negativity from MMA and casual fans alike
I mean, he even said he played the heel, so ... ???

Also dude went on crying about the DQ to show off he earned that belt and so on ...

Call it what you want, but if he is dislike he "acted/ask" for it.

You said best interview and all he did was bragged, sure he told the sab rags to riches which I'm happy for him, but asides that ..... nothing. Aint nothing about being a casual ..... is about what he puts out.

I’m curious with the fall out. Suga wants to come back in December (January is probably more realistic). But obviously there are a lot of options.

If they don’t go with the Aljo rematch, wonder what he does?

He said in the post fight if Suga caught him, what would Volk do?

O'Malley vs Vera in December

Sterling takes a lay off but has a lot of options at both divisions. If he stays at 135 there's Font, Cruz, or Song

He's ****** though since I don't think he'd have anything for the contenders at 145

Just doesn't seem like that's in his cards and he's been saying for the longest that the weight cuts are difficult

Guess the OF ain’t popping.

Sad she was on the cusp off making a run at either FW or SW championship at the start of 2023. End of 2023…five losses.

Back
Top Bottom