The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Good point on the P4P list right now. It’s completely in shambles. Might as well bump up Valentina and Amanda.

Also the Conor news. Man o man.

Edwards and Islam hasnt lost fight in 7 years and they hold belts. Hard to rank them lower. Periera and Jones too high though.

P4P is definitely a lil weird.

Volk is on a 22 win streak with multiple wins over Max, KZ, Aldo, Brian Ortega definitely deserves the top spot right now.

Islam is on an 11 fight win streak. He probably deserves to be on the list but probably not #2.

With Jon fighting again, he probably deserves to be #2 (instead of #11).

And with Alex and Izzy it gets weird. Alex is lower, Izzy coming off of a loss to him. Leon is P4P what, #3? Leon has 10 wins and a NC in his last eleven. Kamaru had 19 wins before he lost to Leon. Should he be #4?

I get it. The women might not beat a male at their comparable size but wow lol. We got to have separate lists?

I personally think the whole Volk-Islam winner gets #1 P4P thing is kinda dumb. One guy is moving up a weight class. Imagine a hypothetical where Leon Edwards was 1 and Pereira was 2 and UFC just decides if Alex mashes him he’s #1 P4P.

The only way this definitively works imo is if the lower weight class fighter wins. Then there’s really no argument left.

My buddy said only path for volk would be throwing leg kicks like your life depends on it like what gaethje tried to do with khabib

I personally think this fight isn’t really that challenging for Islam, and there’s other guys at 155 that would give a way better fight who have better grappling.

Josh Thompson would talk about how he used to train with Islam and how his strength and clinch game is just crazy. He thinks Volk should be a really easy fight.

I bet Islam can beat Jorge easy in welterweight division.

Islam could probably move up to WW and win the belt there. Something, something DominanceMMA.

If Volk pulls it off, he definitely deserves the P4P.

I just can't see Volk beating Islam. The size difference is even more pronounced than with Max. Plus Max only wanted to keep it standing mainly and I just don't see Volk being able to stop Islam's takedowns.

Jesus. Shavkat is bout to go on a war path

It would be a travesty if he never fought Chimaev

I could give a rat's *** about him fighting Leon lol

That video recent? What’s the point of Usman training with shavkat when they could potentially cross paths?

I was watching some of it on tbs last night. It’s a trainwreck of a show. They had forrest griffin one of the people catching the competitors who fall or get knocked out. Those fools getting cte and getting paid pennies. 2 guys got dq’ed but still continued on the show because the people they hit got medically suspended.

I still wanna know how this got the green light to begin with

You would think after the doctors said this is a bad idea considering fighters can’t defend themselves a few people would agree this is not a good idea

It's amazing to me that Jamahal Hill is getting all this love from fans and media after beating Glover, yet everyone seems to have forgotten that he's the guy who basically said that a real man should smack his B up if she ever slaps him.

...and anyone who disagrees is a P and a B.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom