The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Watching how much Morenos improved since that first Figgy fight has been fun to watch. Could see him defending a good amount of times before someone takes it from him. The Pantoja fight will be fire.

Figgy will have a massive size problem with the top guys at BW. Should've moved up earlier. Mans old for both divisions and you can already see the decline as these Moreno fights went on.

Nows the time for Alex to double champ like he did in Glory. Jamaal probably not as technical or slick. Power might be a toss up. Neither is a wrestler.

Going into that first fight figgy/Moreno had I thought figgy was invincible with his power at 125 and had he not got deducted a point for the eye poke I think he actually would of win that fight on the scorecards?

But since then Moreno has continuously improved while figgy has just stayed the same and looked more human every fight.

If I was Alex I would be rushing to defend that 185 belt asap then call for a fight with Hill if timing works

Alex can just skip the line now. Izzy probably not fighting for a minute. And he can stiff arm Bobby.

Figgy definitely won that first fight by decision (eye poke not withstanding). But Brandon got that dawg in him. Figgy definitely was KOing fools prior. Had that swag but he just ran into that one guy like Izzy. I wouldn’t be mad if they ran it back one more time. But I can understand letting a little space/air between them.

I don't agree with Alex skipping the line and moving up to LHW without at least one MW defense. He only has four UFC fights and I'd like to see him against the likes of a Whittaker, Vettori, Canonier, etc. first.

LHW next title fight should be Hill and Ankalaev as the latter has a claim he won the first vacant belt and the UFC should do right by him. Hill did look very impressive against Glover though, I'll give him that. Good to see Glover retire as he has nothing more to prove at this point and shouldn't take any more beatings like he did last Saturday. The main event and the Andrade fight were tough to watch at times with opponents who can take several hard shots and keep going. Both fights could have been stopped a round or so early.

There’s a good story in Alex skipping the line (revenge for his fellow countryman and friend). Also helps to promote him bigger as this striking bogey man.

I’m all about meritocracy. But we know how Dana gets down. Jon is literally skipping the line (Blaydes, Stipe, etc) to get a HW title shot. Yes, he’s one of the greatest of all time. But there have been dudes grinding the last three years.

Should Ankalaev get a title shot? Maybe. But then again, Jiri is the lineal champion right now. What about Anthony Smith?

There’s a good story in Alex skipping the line (revenge for his fellow countryman and friend). Also helps to promote him bigger as this striking bogey man.

I’m all about meritocracy. But we know how Dana gets down. Jon is literally skipping the line (Blaydes, Stipe, etc) to get a HW title shot. Yes, he’s one of the greatest of all time. But there have been dudes grinding the last three years.

Should Ankalaev get a title shot? Maybe. But then again, Jiri is the lineal champion right now. What about Anthony Smith?
I wouldn't at all be surprised if Alex got the immediate shot at LHW for the reasons you just mentioned.

Anthony Smith??? Guy should be at least two good wins away as I really don't think he has anything for the top guys at LHW. Give him Johnny Walker or someone along those lines, Smith is basically the LHW gatekeeper now.

I don't agree with Alex skipping the line and moving up to LHW without at least one MW defense. He only has four UFC fights and I'd like to see him against the likes of a Whittaker, Vettori, Canonier, etc. first.

LHW next title fight should be Hill and Ankalaev as the latter has a claim he won the first vacant belt and the UFC should do right by him. Hill did look very impressive against Glover though, I'll give him that. Good to see Glover retire as he has nothing more to prove at this point and shouldn't take any more beatings like he did last Saturday. The main event and the Andrade fight were tough to watch at times with opponents who can take several hard shots and keep going. Both fights could have been stopped a round or so early.

You ufc is never gonna do right by a fighter. They’re gonna do what’s best for the business

You ufc is never gonna do right by a fighter. They’re gonna do what’s best for the business
Oh I totally get that and a fight between Alex and Hill is much more casual friendly than Hill vs the likes of Ankalaev or Jan. Could see the UFC putting Alex vs Hill on an upcoming summer PPV with storyline of Alex seeking redemption for training partner Glover who Hill sent into retirement and gave a beatdown to.

I humbly ask, what was he doing in Glory LHW (while also competing at MW)?

Also, doesn’t he weigh around 220ish?

I’d have to go back and watch clips. Is he a heavy clincher? He doesn’t really wrestle or grapple.

Again, just having a healthy conversation. I’m glad there’s activity in the thread.

What do you mean? You said you wished the Athletic would step up their coverage. I was just asking what isn’t being covered? Or are you just a fan of their platform?

What do you mean? You said you wished the Athletic would step up their coverage. I was just asking what isn’t being covered? Or are you just a fan of their platform?

I mean they barely cover the sport lol

Two articles for 283 - one on odds, picks and the other on the results.

That’s right. He did say that.

Ariel living too fast. Got way too many opps.

I low key want to see him box Dillon Dani’s lol. But I think that’s a bridge too far. Next thing you know, he’ll be on the secret juice and calling folks soy boys.

So you want Luke Thomas or Dan Hardy and an Ariel? Not many outlets have that (wild that at one time Vox had a TEAM).

Luke can sort of do both but he probably thrives and prefers analysis.

It’s wild those MMA Beat days. The journalistic chops they had on there. I’m not a fan of the RingerMMA show. It’s more Ariel schlob fest than a grouping of credible journalists and ideas.

I humbly ask, what was he doing in Glory LHW (while also competing at MW)?

Also, doesn’t he weigh around 220ish?

I’d have to go back and watch clips. Is he a heavy clincher? He doesn’t really wrestle or grapple.

Again, just having a healthy conversation. I’m glad there’s activity in the thread.
Hes not knocking out top fighters in the 205 division. If he doesnt get the knockout, he loses. Do you think he can ko Hill?

Back
Top Bottom