The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Hes not knocking out top fighters in the 205 division. If he doesnt get the knockout, he loses. Do you think he can ko Hill?
Do I? Yes.

Always? No. But then again, he could pull an Izzy. His only issue is going to be his experience and da wrestlers (like an Ankalaev).

I know Sage started out young but after a 4 year layoff, he will be fighting again at the ripe age of 26 years old. I had no idea he was that young. In theory, he hasn't even fought in his peak years yet.

Last edited:
I know Sage started out young but after a 4 year layoff, he will be fighting again at the ripe sage of 26 years old. I had no idea he was that young. In theory, he hasn't even fought in his peak years yet.

He is yoked lol. Probably 185.

I’m glad they were able to save his face. I’m curious what he’s been up to in the past few years? Has he leveled up, trained with Fight Ready or ATT?

Yeah I don’t really care who just any step in the right direction is a win. Everything else TA does is *chefs kiss*

Sage looks shredded, I know he's a gym rat and has good genetics but sheesh. See that One fight is at LW which is 170 for them so interested to see how he does in a few months after a 4 year layoff.

He’s coming off a 4 year layoff for a tough opponent ?

Glad to see One is finally doing a show here in the states though, more competition is better.

Safe to say eagle FC is dead now?

^^^I asked that a few weeks back. Does Khabib stepping away mean EagleFC isn’t a thing?

And Sage is coming off a savage loss. His last opponent literally broke his face. One is savage. Hopefully, he’s been working on his game like Jon Jones. The long game, based on his age, is to either sign a bigger contract with One or come back to an org in the States.

170? Yeah right.

Pause. That bicep crazy. Not quite Khamzat but definitely a big WW.

On my iPad, it works. But iPhone it’s 50/50.

I like Brandon. I hope 125 gains in popularity because of him. He’s such a nice guy and has a positive energy.

DJ is the biggest crime. The only thing it did for the UFC is give Masvidal a highlight reel snippet. Meanwhile, One is coming to the US and has a deal with Amazon. Why give them these stars to get their feet wet in the West?

FW would’ve been lit if DJ was still there. We could’ve gotten the DJ/Cejudo 3, which would’ve been dope. Or DJ/Moreno.

DJ is the biggest crime. The only thing it did for the UFC is give Masvidal a highlight reel snippet. Meanwhile, One is coming to the US and has a deal with Amazon. Why give them these stars to get their feet wet in the West?

FW would’ve been lit if DJ was still there. We could’ve gotten the DJ/Cejudo 3, which would’ve been dope. Or DJ/Moreno.
Breh. You shortchanging what Askren did for Jorge and the UFC overall, quite a bit

They were able to do the BMF thing almost exclusively because of Askren

They were able to make not only one but two Kamaru Usman matches (when clearly Jorge had zero business being in there) and still sell it

Still capitalized off the fumes of Colby vs Jorge

Askren gave Jorge so many extra lives and extra star power he never would have had without Askren even if he kept winning. Jorge was merely a journeyman. For the UFC to squeeze all of that out of him is quite amazing tbh

This isn't even mentioning how little of an impact DJ had with the UFC fans. Cejudo coming in and beating him saved the entire division

The division was literally about to be eliminated because DJ was too good lol and still nobody gave a rat's *** about DJ

DJ is probably a way better fit with an Asian audience anyway. Let him be there and collect checks and new fans

You can't just look at things that black and white. There's circumstances, context, cause and effect in that timeline

I dunno. I look at it as substance versus flash. Masvidal is flash. DJ substance.

I mean DJ gave me the suplex into the arm bar. A nice KO on Henry. Utter domination at 125. He legit the 125 GOAT and probably on the Mount Rushmore.

I agree with you. Masvidal was a 50/50, close decision fighter. And then he got that KO on Darren Till (who really isn’t good, more flash the UFC hype machine got behind more than DJ), followed by the infamous two piece and a side incident. And then rolls eyes we had the highlight roll snippet Askren gave him.

Nate doing Nate gambling called out Masvidal thinking it would be a lick. And the BMF was born. The rest as they say is history. Street Judas lost a snooze fest to both The CEO of EPO and Kurt Angle 2.0. And became a poster on Usman’s highlight reel.

DJ still fighting. I think DJ could get the same love as Volk. My man DJ getting erased out of the MMA History books thanks to petty Dana.

All I’m saying is you can’t really let dj stay and expect the ufc to still have the 125 division

It was about to fold kind of in part because of him

So him leaving wasn’t a crime at all it saved the division and made it what it was today

On top of that they got several big paydays out of jorge thanks in large part to askren

^^^I asked that a few weeks back. Does Khabib stepping away mean EagleFC isn’t a thing?

And Sage is coming off a savage loss. His last opponent literally broke his face. One is savage. Hopefully, he’s been working on his game like Jon Jones. The long game, based on his age, is to either sign a bigger contract with One or come back to an org in the States.

170? Yeah right.

Pause. That bicep crazy. Not quite Khamzat but definitely a big WW.

Au naturale my friends.

Good old fashioned lean protein and vitamins.

…just like the liver king.

Good point on the P4P list right now. It’s completely in shambles. Might as well bump up Valentina and Amanda.

Also the Conor news. Man o man.

Last edited:
On my iPad, it works. But iPhone it’s 50/50.

I like Brandon. I hope 125 gains in popularity because of him. He’s such a nice guy and has a positive energy.
What the heck is up with this site and mobile devices?

Posting on here with my iPad is a freaking nightmare.

...all sorts of glitches.

Smh at the Conor news, not sure how credible the victim's story is but I wouldn't be surprised if it's at least partly true. Conor has been known for some erratic behavior and he was likely under the influence during this.

P4P never makes a lotta sense. Too subjective but yeah conor stay on that powder
Valentina Schevchenko is the most well rounded fighter in the sport imo.

Even though the decision in her last fight was disputed, her record over the last five years or so is unbelievable.

She deserved the decision in her second fight against Nunes and Nunes is way bigger and more powerful.

Back
Top Bottom