The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Just finished watching today's card. Some very entertaining bouts. Definitely think it was an early stoppage in the main event by Herb. Volkov was probably going to continue with head shots and likely finishes the fight so I'm not too mad at it.

That UFC monopoly. Chatri bout to run up some fake numbers asap :lol:

Thats wild for an early Sunday morning event.

Well the first Amazon Prime event features Moraes vs DJ II so will be interesting to see what other fights they book for that event and rest of the year. I see they also plan to have fights in primetime in the U.S. so weird local start times. Not sure that goes over well with the locals.

In that article it mentioned they expect it to be a full capacity at close to 11,000 which i doubt that will be the correct total.

Have been to concerts held at the venue with standing area in front of the stage and the numbers were estimated to be 10,000 at best.

Highly doubt with it being a seated event it will hit close to the figures being thrown about, maybe a more realistic number around 9000+ in the best case scenario.

Do you really see a huge change from one camp?

I feel GSP had the best methodology and approach. At the time, he had one of the best boxing trainers, one of the best BJJ trainers, and a decent MMA camp.

I'd rather they made Chito/Yan as Cruz's fighting days are numbered and seems Chito could send him into retirement. Cruz getting the W here would be very surprising.

Yan earns a definite title shot for Chito. He might have to win another if he beats Cruz. Cruz isn’t the name he once was. Just hasn’t been busy and Pedro Munhoz was the last major win.

Think I heard Moreno moved to Glory MMA earlier this year.

One camp could definitely show in game planning/preparation. Just look at Figgy from fight 2 to fight 3 with Moreno when he went to Arizona. Looked like he was going to die at weigh ins in the 2nd fight compared to being one of the first to weigh in at the 3rd. Night and day performances in the octagonal well.

Cruz is never going to be busy again, his body won't let him

He's still one of those old names that you beat and you get a lil bump up in recognition

Beating Rob Font is more impressive than beating Cruz but causals have no clue who Font is really

With one more win, Vera is probably in line for a #1 Contender fight. It makes sense for him to take the "easier" fight in Cruz, get a recognition bump and then get a chance to go for the belt

I have a strong suspicion everyone is avoiding Brady. It's an absolute high risk low reward fight for any of the top contenders

One of those no name but potential future champ prospects

Crazy how that era of Cruz, TJ and Cody are slowly fading away. And how crazy is it that Cody Garbrandt is only 30 years old. He really did peak early.

See some backlash on the Cruz Vera match making online

I think it makes sense, as Vera wasn't going to get a title shot or even a TJ Dillashaw. With a win over Cruz, he should be in line to fight a top contender for a title shot

In the meantime they can make:

Sterling vs TJ or Aldo or Cejudo
Yan vs Merab
Sandhagen vs Font or Aldo

Chito took the best and easiest path for himself. Yan is a nightmare match-up. Durable as ****, has power and cardio. Would be entertaining but look and end worse than Yan/Sandhagen.

I’d like to see Yan/Chito. To see if he improved from that Aldo fight.

Merab is the dude left out in the cold right now. He’s #6 and can’t get fights. That’s technically who should have fought Cruz. But I’m all for the Flaming Hot Chito violence.

Valentina eating real food at the end of that embedded video. She must not cut a lot. Glover was complaining about his weight.

Speaking of camps, did Weili train with Fight Ready again?

Merab is exactly the type of fighter everyone avoids. No fanfare and a grinder

He is (or at least should be) one win away from a title shot

Longo was saying that Merab/Sandhagen was in the works. Fun fight and interesting matchup.
that would be the biggest contrast in the division

best grinder vs one of if not best/diverse strikers

if Merab won he'd deserve a title shot imo if Sandhagen won he'd also be up for consideration depending on how the cookie crumbles

Back
Top Bottom