The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

that would be the biggest contrast in the division

best grinder vs one of if not best/diverse strikers

if Merab won he'd deserve a title shot imo if Sandhagen won he'd also be up for consideration depending on how the cookie crumbles
It's going to be interesting to see how things play out. You still have TJ, Aldo and maybe Cejudo with no fights booked as of now. I'm guessing one of TJ or Aldo will get the title shot then the other will get Yan.

I actually don't mind Joe on the call but he's most definitely just fan at this point. He obviously knows grappling and positions but other than that it's like they fly him in just to be a fan on the mic lol

That was very impressive. Looks like Evloev worked on his conditioning after he gassed late against Dawadu. Man's a problem for the division. He was walking through a lot of clean shots from Ige.

Got a bottleneck at the top of 145. Everyone is 2 fights away from a title shot with these fights they got booked. And if Max beats Volk we probably getting a 4th fight right after :lol:
****, another one I'd favor becoming champ over Bryce Mitchell. I just must be a Bryce doubter lol

Allen and Evloev got next, I know Evloev is calling out Allen but they don't need to fight anytime soon

Topuria got juice too but I gotta see which division he settles into and also kind of had a scare last fight

Zombie can definitely be a lamb for one of the up and comers: Allen, Bryce or Evloev

Or Allen could fight the winner of Ortega/Rodriguez for a #1 Contender fight- as both Ortega and Rodriguez are probably 2 wins away from a title shot

Would like to see Topuria fight Barboza, Yusuff or Ige

If Kattar beats Emmett, imo that would be enough to get him a title shot depending on who wins in the Max/Volk fight

Mitchell smh, we knew this guy was different but if he actually believes what he's saying in that Schaub interview there's something seriously wrong with him.

I think he believes it.

Uncle Dana took away their flags. Hopefully, he takes Bryce Freedom of Speech…

My man making incendiary comments toward the victims, government, and the Ashkenazi Jews.

Mitchell doing well to keep himself in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. 🤢

Somebody should do the honour of knocking some sense into him.

Dana said Jones/stipe in either Vegas or NY
Love this fight.

Feels 50/50

Undefeated GOAT Jones vs the Best HW of all time

Fight has BIG implications

Stipe beats John…he becomes the KING SLAYER

Jon beat stipe…hard to deny unanimous GOAT status

goats-funny-animals.gif

Isn’t the King, Fran Cis?

Wild, he incorporated wrestling into his game.

But despite that, we all been patiently waiting on Jon coming back. Sucks we gotta wait longer.

While it's very disappointing the JJ/Stipe fight won't take place until at least Sept I'm just hoping it does take place. Then in a perfect world Francis reups with UFC and we get the unification bout early 23'

No.

Stipes body of work at HW >>> Francis sloppy boxing
Aren’t their bodies of work similar as far as strength of schedule?

Only exception is the DC trilogy wins.

They’re both 1-1. Francis has wins over Cain, Biggy Boy, and Cyril Gane. And Stipe has chosen to be inactive.

I think a Stipe win over JBJ and Francis would definitely cement him as the HW GOAT.

Nahhh

Francis just be going in there swinging his arms

He’s the current champ, nothing more nothing less.

And I’m not discrediting him, I’m a fan.

But he literally just beat one of the most skilled strikers in the division in Gane by wrestling…with torn ACL/MCL.

And…IF…he is sloppy, how’d he catch and starch Stipe in their rematch?

Personally, I like them both. And I think that Francis does have a bit more work to enter into the HW GOAT conversation.

Gane aite, more hype than bite….

Beating Alister (the greatest HW striker if all time btw) is far more impressive than a MMA newcomer in Gane…

So FOR THE RECORD are you saying Francis boxing is NOT SLOPPY?

Bro do you watch him strike LMAO he closes his eyes and throws over hands until they connect. He’s worse then Wilder.

He’s got the ultimate eraser, doesn’t make him a great fighter. All he gotta do is catch you once…

His physical GIFTS > his skillset

Frahn Cis decapitated Alistair, JDS. Werdum was suspended whenever Francis was making his run.

I’m not saying Frahn Cis isn’t sloppy. But other then a tentative fight with Lewis, the grappling clinic Stipe put on in fight one and Gane literally forcing Frahn Cis to grapple…no one has had an answer for that sloppy boxing.

You’d think it would be easy. But it’s mix martial art not boxing. Tyson definitely going to humiliate Frahn Cis. It’s going to be magnitudes greater than Wilder/Fury 2. Danah is right. My main chasing a concussion rich pay check.

Back
Top Bottom