The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Probably just using both for their names as a "big fight" for International fight week. Dana being a petty *** and not wanting to make Dustin/Nate without Nate re-signing :smh:

Overpaid? :lol::stoneface:

I'm sure his son chose boxing instead of MMA cause he ain't want to be underpaid :lol:

I'm sure fighters and a handful of folks in this thread going to parrot that **** talking point sooner or later too :rofl:

I hope they really don't end up with Nate v Chimaev

Huge waste of a fight for Chimaev

Terrible match making

Just nonsense all around
Plz. Covington “Chipped tooth Smile” vs Chimaev
Overpaid? :lol::stoneface:

I'm sure his son chose boxing instead of MMA cause he ain't want to be underpaid :lol:

I'm sure fighters and a handful of folks in this thread going to parrot that **** talking point sooner or later too :rofl:
He has to say it. In a way he’s right.

One of the pros and cons of boxing is, it’s literally someone bidding for an event like a concert/etc and trying to come up on a profit.

He needs to kill the fighter pay rhetoric. You the NBA of MMA…folks should get paid more. Millions? Probably not. Ditch the show/win and start the newcomers on short three fight contracts at $25K or six at $30K. At least it gives them the opportunity to make okay money I’d they fight three times a year.

Plz. Covington “Chipped tooth Smile” vs Chimaev

He has to say it. In a way he’s right.

One of the pros and cons of boxing is, it’s literally someone bidding for an event like a concert/etc and trying to come up on a profit.

He needs to kill the fighter pay rhetoric. You the NBA of MMA…folks should get paid more. Millions? Probably not. Ditch the show/win and start the newcomers on short three fight contracts at $25K or six at $30K. At least it gives them the opportunity to make okay money I’d they fight three times a year.
Why is he saying promotions are going out of business lol, is that true?

Even 25-30k is severely underpaid, my guy. Training camps are ******* expensive. Sport would grow/be so much better if fighters were able to put all their time in to the sport at a much younger age.

Even 25-30k is severely underpaid, my guy. Training camps are ****ing expensive. Sport would grow/be so much better if fighters were able to put all their time in to the sport at a much younger age.
I agree. They aren’t going to pay $50K a fight. Could they? I don’t know.

Do I think folks fighting in the top MMA organization should be getting $12K to show, $12K to win? No.

I wholeheartedly agree. Coaching, sparring partners, nutritionists, sports medicine, travel, etc isn’t cheap.

I also agree with the Ali act forcing boxing promoters to be more fair and less underhanded. It’s literally a competitive market. They can’t do that in the UFC. Nate’s problem right now is he wants to see his market fighter and WME/UFC are trying to stick him in the phantom zone.

Why is he saying promotions are going out of business lol, is that true?
Dana is saying that the model that boxing currently follows isn’t sustainable.

It’s like shady business man X bids for Tyson Fury/Anthony Joshua. That person isn’t looking to create a sustainable model that periodically delivers high quality boxing fights and a great attendee experience.

If you watch the interview, Dana takes a dig at the Triller CEO. They reported huge losses earlier this year. It’s a mortgage your future model. Whereas, WME/Zuffa had to run the UFC like a cut throat business that always operates in the black.

The real issue is visibility, the horrible contracts and current profit sharing. At least raise it to 30%.

Dana is saying that the model that boxing currently follows isn’t sustainable.

It’s like shady business man X bids for Tyson Fury/Anthony Joshua. That person isn’t looking to create a sustainable model that periodically delivers high quality boxing fights and a great attendee experience.

If you watch the interview, Dana takes a dig at the Triller CEO. They reported huge losses earlier this year. It’s a mortgage your future model. Whereas, WME/Zuffa had to run the UFC like a cut throat business that always operates in the black.

The real issue is visibility, the horrible contracts and current profit sharing. At least raise it to 30%.
How is it not sustainable lol. Boxing has been around forever and it's only getting better with some of these top tier guys actually fighting each other now

It can be shady but all this "going out of business sale" talk is beyond stupid

I don't wanna watch the interview if he's simply targeting Triller of all promotions. Like they are the top dog of boxing :lol: foh

How is it not sustainable lol. Boxing has been around forever and it's only getting better with some of these top tier guys actually fighting each other now

It can be shady but all this "going out of business sale" talk is beyond stupid

I don't wanna watch the interview if he's simply targeting Triller of all promotions. Like they are the top dog of boxing :lol: foh
I didn’t say it lol. He did.

It’s all entertainment. Dana going to Dana. Boxing is going to do their thing. It’s reflective of a capitalist market. They offering Canello $50 Ms…which leads to MMA panhandling:

Dana hates Francis lol

“Cause they’re f*****g stupid, that’s why,” White said on The Pat McAfee show. “F*****g waste of time, energy, and money. I mean, listen, I don’t know. It’s silly, but I get it.”

“Boxing is a massive advantage for Tyson Fury. Ngannou just wrestled Ciryl Gane. If you know anything about fighting, it’s a silly conversation, it’s a silly conversation… They’ve been talking about it and everything,” White continued. “I mean, guys, Fury is the best boxer, one of the greatest boxers of all time. I mean, you look at the guys he’s beaten and how easily he’s beating them. I don’t know, we’ll see how this whole thing plays out. I don’t love the crossover fights. I don’t love them.”

In a capitalist society, technically there's nobody who's "overpaid", no?
Can't be expecting smart things to come out of a man who is a loyal orange man fan
Hes so smart and says the dumbest **** ever

I don’t care what his motivations are you can’t just loudly say blatantly incorrect ****

What if Tai goes into zombie mode again? I think he was the underdog, and I thought for sure Derrick was going to KO him with those punches.

But Cyril is probably going to point fight and pick him off from the outside circling away.

On paper great fight, same with Blaydes/Aspinal. But these young and up comers got dancing partners that can make a fight into an insufferable match.

Yeah, I do think Gane is going to point fight Tui.

Blades vs Aspinal should be awesome. Aspinal really impressed me in his last showing

Blades vs Aspinal should be awesome. Aspinal really impressed me in his last showing
Aspinal has a good jab. I “fear” Blaydes will err on the side of caution and grapple for five rounds.

I just think with the title implications, Gane and Blaydes are going to play it safe.

I think that’s probably why folks were excited for Aspinal/Tuivasa as it would’ve been a good scrap.

Back
Top Bottom