The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Things would have gotten very ugly if Colby fought Woodley for the title. It would have went to a place it didn't need to, I'm almost happy that it didn't happen

“The reason I’m a fan of Colby is because he’s a winner who talks a lot of trash, but always backs it up … Just like someone else I know.” Trump Jr said hinting at his father. “I’m excited to be there cageside on Saturday to support him.”

Who y’all put on higher ranking?

Conor who never defended either 145 or 155

or

Frankie who defended 155 against BJ and Gray Maynard?

or

Ben Henderson who beat Frankie 2x and defended against Nate and Gilbert Melendez?
"Bendo," man. He made Nate look silly for five rounds in Seattle, with a toothpick in his mouth for much of the fight. The argument against Ben is he's never been a guy to finish fights. Most of his bouts end up in close decisions, one way or another. Henderson got the two Frankie Ws but in Bellator recently, lost a pair of narrow ones to Chandler and "Pitbull."

Can you be elite if you never defend your title? I don’t consider anyone a champ until they defend their belt, not just win it but defend it

Pretty much.

People trying to say fighters that have held belts are just ok, :lol:

How the **** are you world champion but you’re just ok? That **** doesn’t even make sense.
SMH

You still butt hurt? Who said just ok? Please go quote those guys.

But let's see ....

Holly
Forrest
Brock

To name a few can be consider ok fighters ... or are we saying they are Elite?

Can you be elite if you never defend your title? I don’t consider anyone a champ until they defend their belt, not just win it but defend it

Conor didn't defend anything and I'm pretty sure annihilating 2 champions in 2 different weight classes means you're elite.

By definition

You’re a champion as soon as you win the belt

You usually have to beat a champion to be a champion

You’re just adding on qualifications to suit your own bias

I don’t consider most interim champions real champions though

For example, Khabib wasn’t the real real champ until he beat Conor

Compating eras like in any sport is a tricky thing as well

MMA and MMA training has evolved since the early 2000s

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...lete-claims-stipe-miocic-loss-was-warning-mma

“Francis Ngannou is a fighter that has athletic ability. He’s not an athlete,” Hardy told The Slip ‘n Dip Podcast (via MMA News). “Just seeing what happened to Francis with Stipe was a warning, but from the beginning, I always told everybody I want to be a well-rounded fighter. I don’t want to focus on one thing and be one-dimensional. I want to be the man. And the only way you can do that is to take over.”

By definition

You’re a champion as soon as you win the belt

You usually have to beat a champion to be a champion

You’re just adding on qualifications to suit your own bias

I don’t consider most interim champions real champions though

For example, Khabib wasn’t the real real champ until he beat Conor
Yeah just my opinion. Not a champ in my book until you defend the title.

Colby with the shots at Jorge

“We are one of the greatest duos in MMA history,” Covington told MMA Junkie recently. “We’re the Batman and Robin of MMA right now. Of course, I’m Batman, and he’s Robin, but it’s a dynamic duo, and we’re doing great things in the sport. But he’s going to sit back while I get my undisputed title shot.”

Covington went on to explain why he deserves a title shot ahead of his good friend.

“Look at his resume; look at mine. He’s on a two-fight win streak,” he said. “He’s 2-2 in his last four fights, so you’re going to give a 50-50 fighter a title shot? That doesn’t really make a lot of sense.”

Colby needs to get knocked the **** out unfortunately I don't think it will happen. I bet Colby gets Lawler against the cage and just holds him there scoring points ever round...
Essential a boring fight.

Colby needs to get knocked the **** out unfortunately I don't think it will happen. I bet Colby gets Lawler against the cage and just holds him there scoring points ever round...
Well if Colby does fight a Shields-Maia type fight and either walls and stalls or lays and preys Lawler to a decision I wonder if they give Jorge the shot. Wouldn't surprise me.

We already know Colby doesn’t want to strike w Robbie. His goal will be to give him no space to allow any of that. Interested to see how Robbie does against this game plan

I hope the card bombs and the fight is boring so Colby can stay out of my life and the title picture

DJ got the decision win at One today. He didn’t look bad, but it wasn’t his best performance by any means.

Alvarez up next.

Rodtang the real fight worth watching.

Free on Bleacher Report.

Last edited:
Alvarez got the win in the first round after nearly getting KOed following a knock down from a leg kick. He takes way too much damage.

He’s getting mauled in the finals of this tournament.

Back
Top Bottom