The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Might have to watch some of these One fights later on.

Also the UFC main card this weekend starts at 3pm EST which seems odd as it's in Newark, NJ. I'll likely only watch the main event later this weekend though.

The event was originally scheduled for Russia on espn so a time slot was set

When they relocated to America they couldn’t go back on the time slot

“All this other sh*t that she’s putting out there – again, to avoid fighting Amanda Nunes,” Dana White said. “Message received. I get it. I’m going to release her from her contract. I will not match any offers.”

“She is free and clear to go to Bellator or any of these other organizations and fight these easy fights that she wants,” White said. “Done. Done deal. I will literally today have my lawyer draft a letter to her team that she is free and clear to go where ever she wants. We’re out of the Cyborg business.”

Colby dishing more on Jorge and his management

“At the end of the day, this is a business and it’s a one-man sport. We both know that,” Covington told MMA Fighting. “We both want the same thing and that’s what I’ve got right now so if he wants to come get it, he knows what’s ahead of him. He knows in the back of his mind how many times we’ve trained together, spent countless hours at American Top Team, fighting in living rooms. You can go check that out on the internet, it’s everywhere.

“Honestly, I could definitely train with him the whole training camp and help him and just to get ready for me,” Covington said. “I’ll show him my wrestling, he knows all my stuff and I know all his stuff. I wouldn’t have a problem with it but I think him and his management, the Kawa’s, the scum Kawa brothers [Malki and Abraham] would have a problem with it. Those guys are the shadiest in the business and they’ve tried to turn him against me.

“I wouldn’t have a problem with it but I think he would have a problem with it. He needs to make fights personal to go out there and if he needs to make this personal just for one fight and we do business then we become friends the next day, I understand that because this is the fight business.”

“All this other sh*t that she’s putting out there – again, to avoid fighting Amanda Nunes,” Dana White said. “Message received. I get it. I’m going to release her from her contract. I will not match any offers.”

“She is free and clear to go to Bellator or any of these other organizations and fight these easy fights that she wants,” White said. “Done. Done deal. I will literally today have my lawyer draft a letter to her team that she is free and clear to go where ever she wants. We’re out of the Cyborg business.”

Just watched the sit down Dana did about this, she def got Dana in his feelings over this situation for him to speak on it this much

Sounds like Eddie should get out of the fight game while he still has time to salvage his brain

Definitely a good move if he hung it up after this next fight. I only say next fight because it’s the tournament final and he got there because the guy that took his soul in his One debut got injured.

Highlight of the fight was honestly the fact that his wife wasn’t there screaming like a banshee.

Good move to let her go in my opinion. She doubled down on playing the victim after everybody that originally called her out on transitioning already apologized. Both Joe and Dana apologized long ago, but she had to dredge it back up because her fight was lackluster though it was 3 rounds against a chunky broad. That performance wasn’t title challenge worthy and the division doesn’t really exist to be honest. Anderson is probably the only true 145er in the division and she belongs on amateur cards back in Australia skill-wise.

Isn't there vid out there after her fight where she comfronted him backstage after an interview? He definitely ain't have that energy then. Probably still salty cause she had him shook :lol:

Isn't there vid out there after her fight where she comfronted him backstage after an interview? He definitely ain't have that energy then. Probably still salty cause she had him shook :lol:

Should’ve knocked him out. Would’ve been great.

she landed some good punches as well. Was a good slobberknocker. nunes is faster and more accurate but cyborg can still ko her. Still the best and exciting female fight the ufc could give us.

she landed some good punches as well. Was a good slobberknocker. nunes is faster and more accurate but cyborg can still ko her. Still the best and exciting female fight the ufc could give us.

**** her, she got KOed by a true 135er. Send her to the little leagues to get beat by lesser talent.

People's points of view are interesting on rematches. Cyborg was so dominate for so long and got destroyed once. She doesn't deserve a rematch just off her record? Especially in a sport that you can lose by making one dumb mistake. Not saying those people are wrong I just wonder what the reasoning is for not deserving the rematch.
Buddy of mine says it's not a draw but I'd like to see the data behind that. Who's left for Amanda to fight?

**** her, she got KOed by a true 135er. Send her to the little leagues to get beat by lesser talent.

I doubt lesser talent is going to beat her. she’s still going to use anyone not named nunes as a punching bag.

Plus nunes is the goat and can ko any woman, no shame in losing to her.

The Nunes-Cyborg rematch is def one I'd like to see but a shame it likely never happens now. Cyborg was too used to steamrolling everyone and should have used a less aggressive gameplan against Nunes.

Looking forward to a couple things. "Hannibal" even though Cole Williams missed weight badly, by five pounds. Silva got a split W over Leon plus tapped Taleb and Danny Roberts. Antonina, who is Valentina's older sister. Watching to see how she rebounds after taking her first L in April against Modafferi. "Maestro," judo black belt. Fighting out of Busan. Trevin Giles, Texas boy. Many people think he'll get tapped by Meerschaert but Giles could also KO Gerald. Also Joaquim Silva, AKA "Netto BJJ." Against Nasrat Haqparast, affiliated with Tristar. Someone getting knocked out in that bout.

Cyborg would beat Harrison at this time. Kayla hasn’t had enough fights nor gone against high level opponents.

Cyborg’s problem against Amanda is she has no game plan or patience when she goes into barbarian mode. Or what I should do if I’m the loser of the exchange eg clinch, takedown, back away, etc.

She could possibly beat Nunes in the rematch but we’ll never know.

As far as her playing the victim. Partially. Both sides were playing a negation game. Dana decided it wasn’t worth it. Honestly, they should dissolve the FW division. Cut Anderson.

Back
Top Bottom