The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

“[McGregor] and I are getting together very soon, within the next week, and we’re going to figure out what’s next for him,” White told the ‘Jim Rome Show’ on Tuesday. “I see him fighting this summer.

“The Cerrone fight makes sense. There’s a couple different options out there for him. He was talking about the Cerrone fight at one point. I don’t really know but that fight makes sense.”

ESPN schedule has been fuego

dude in 2019 if your still paying to watch ANY of the events you seriously need to step your game up.

I aint never paid for a UFC event in like 8+ years of watching

I try to watch on my amazon fire stick and just get a bunch of pop-up screens. Gave up trying.

bars in my area aren't allowed to show espn+ fights. is that the same for you guys as well
i assume these establishment would have to pay a premium to stream fights off espn apps

I was a little concerned with the Rumble news based on his history. It sounds tame.

Glad to hear Tony might return. I hope he’s well mentally.

So Hermanson might get Gastellum? Yoel has Costa. Whitaker/Adesanya is September. He just beat Branch and Jacare. The only other top contender is Weidman.

First ESPN+ PPV was a disaster, damb shame too since it had two All-Time fights

However, according to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer News (via Bloody Elbow), the event’s buyrate is not looking so good as he recently shared that, “there is talk that [UFC 236] did well under half of the 200,000 number that would be what one would have predicted the show to do had it been a television PPV.”

With the report of the numbers coming in as low as they could be, it would make UFC 236 the lowest selling pay-per-view event for the promotion of the last 15 years alongside UFC 224 which only did an estimated 85,000 buys.

Yup. Like I said, ufc on espn sucks. They expect people to have to pay for espn+ first and then order the ppv also. Especially since they like putting out watered down cards.

Yup. Like I said, ufc on espn sucks. They expect people to have to pay for espn+ first and then order the ppv also. Especially since they like putting out watered down cards.
Yeah the double pay window to watch UFC now will not end well. Fighters/champs not gonna get the pay they used to without all the viewers. Not that the company cares. Less for the fighters and more for the company is basically the UFC motto.

I really wish another Pride-like company would rise up and be competition. The golden age of mma really was when there were 2 big companies and both had great events, big stars and some of the best in the world.

UFC 237 and 238 are sure to also do very low gates. Hell even 239 may not crack 500k with the new system.

They definitely need to come up with a new model to compete with the likes of DAZN and other platforms. PPV is becoming a thing of the past.

Costa-Romero gonna be a less than one minute banger. Two juiced up heavy handed dudes chucking haymakers.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-08-at-2.35.50-PM-679x1024.png

Screen-Shot-2019-05-08-at-2.37.09-PM-1024x682.png

Screen-Shot-2019-05-08-at-2.37.01-PM-683x1024.png

Screen-Shot-2019-05-08-at-2.38.51-PM-690x1024.png

Screen-Shot-2019-05-08-at-2.39.21-PM-716x1024.png

The last 3 fights :sick::pimp:

Main Card (9 PM ET, DAZN)

Michael Chandler vs. Patricio Freire
Michael Page vs. Douglas Lima
A.J. McKee vs. Pat Curran
Jake Hager vs. TJ Jones
Tywan Claxton vs. James Bennett

PFL on free espn 2 tonight. Will be watching

Also I really want to see Jordan Burroughs in mma, it’s a shame he’s already 30. Hell, even at this age he could make a run later in life but I don’t know that he wants to do this

Combate reporting that they’re trying to make t city vs zabit

Damb. Crazy fight but idk if I necessarily like the matchmaking. Rather have them fight for the title down the line

terrible matchmaking sending t city right into the trenches after max smashed him. let the man get a gimme fight first. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom